PDA

View Full Version : Strut mounts

rayray086
06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has installed any and/or have any experiences with heavy duty mounts? I have heard that they can be rather harsh and noisy too. The former I'm not worried about, but I don't really want any more squeaks or rattles than I have now!

Reason for asking is that the standard ones are now making a "cupping" noise when going over bumps. I thought the strut mount might be loose but I checked the nuts and they're all tight.

Any feedback on strut mounts and any links to known brands would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Raymond.

the scotsman
23-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Try Kmac in Sydney, the chap there is making up some alloy adjustable ones for my mk2 about $450! but will be able to have a track camber set up and a road camber set up.

rayray086
23-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Alloy strut mounts? Wouldn't that make a lot of noise and not have much of a "cushion" effect?

the scotsman
27-12-2007, 10:04 AM
True, but the theory that I am running is that the shocks should take care of the softness! The VR6 ones are stiffer than stock mk3 this may be the best way forward without going to much toward a race set up? I know golf loon has them in stock, I was going to buy some of them for the car till my madness took over.