PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Yeti, DSG, TDi, 60K service advice needed

joel0407
11-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,

I'm in Darwin and I have just got a quote for a 60K service at $977. The Stealer up here is known to be both expensive and poor work.

I have the service manual and I have used a local garage for the 30k and 45k as there isn't much to them. The guys there are pretty good, they let me in the workshop while the service is being done and let me help a little, hold the splash plate and stuff like that. I'm a bit OCD with my vehicles so I appreciate they let me see that everything is done right.

The only reason I'm considering the stealer is because the 60k is a big service which includes DSG and Haldex oil changes.

I'm looking for opinions of others that know what's involved, should I just look it all up in the service manual, get the right oils, filters and whatever else is required and then just get my regular local garage to do it. This would be my preferred as I can see that it's all done right.

Happy Days

Lucas_R
11-08-2015, 01:46 PM
I'd stick with your local garage if you are happy with their work and they are open and honest with you about what is being done to the car.

joel0407
11-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Yeh. I'm pretty keen to stick with them but I'm just a bit worried there will be some small trick with the DSG or something that if its not done a certain way there could be trouble.

Umai Naa!!
11-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Tooling is the issue with servicing the DSG.

Maybe have your local guy do the bulk of the service, and leave the DSG and Haldex to the dealership?

joel0407
11-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Might be an option. Thanks for the advice "Umai Naa!!"

kenny83
11-12-2015, 10:10 AM
There isn't much to servicing DSG, pretty much change the oil as per the intervals. Not sure if the clutch plates are replaceable, probably have to replace the whole gearbox. Luckily never had to reach that stage with any DSG i've owned.