PDA

View Full Version : New Amarok for 2016 - MY17 Amarok Facelift News / Speculation Thread

merlin6014
07-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Hi is their a planned release of an all new Amarok in 2016? From googling around some sites say yes but nothing I can find from any sort of reputable source.

I am buying a new dual cab in October this year right when new Ranger and Hilux are out. I would like to consider Amarok too but not if I'm stuck with the "old" model.

Thanks.

Sharkie
07-08-2015, 04:48 PM
I'd say it is highly unlikely that a totally new Amarok will be released next year. At best there may be some spec tweaks but that would be it.

Nowhere in the world has a new prototype been spotted testing yet, and those early "sightings" typically predate a totally new model by 1 - 2 years. Late 2016 new Tiguan for instance have been seen doing testing in prototype form for at least 2 years now ......

psyone
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
they could possibly do a face lift on the rok, just to keep up wit hthe market. Every other ute manufacturer is either releasing new models or facelifts on the current ones.

phaeton
15-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Now that VW has revealed their new models at Frankfurt IAA 2015 I now strongly think that the Amarok GP (update) will be revealed at Geneva Motor Show in March 2016 for 2017MY.

As Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles all models would be updated within 2 years from (Feb 2015) this includes Crafter new generation due next year and Amarok with the visual update.

Expect to see all the new safety, infotainment and engines from the T6 and Caddy 4 family.
Perhaps a surprise if German press is credible with the running gear.

psyone
19-09-2015, 09:50 AM
New MY17 amarok, now with 1.6TDI engine!! jokes! but they do love to downsize on engine capacity for some reason.

phaeton
19-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Further to confirm next years update is this from the UK

VOLKSWAGEN CONFIRMS ATTENDANCE AT 2016 COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SHOW

◦ Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles returns to CV Show
◦ Held at NEC in Birmingham from 26-28 April 2016
◦ Opportunities to meet new and existing customers

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has confirmed it will be attending the Commercial Vehicle Show, which takes place at the NEC in Birmingham from 26-28 April 2016. It is the first time the manufacturer has attended the show since 2011.

Following the successful market introductions in 2015 of its two core models, the Caddy and Transporter, Volkswagen will be preparing to launch the new Amarok in 2016 and all-new Crafter in 2017. The CV Show provides the perfect environment in which to meet new and existing customers.

The Commercial Vehicle Show is the best attended, largest and the most comprehensive road transport and logistics event held in Britain, attracting close to 20,000 business visitors in Birmingham.

Commenting on Volkswagen’s decision to return to the CV Show, Head of Marketing Kirsten Stagg, said: ‘We’re looking forward to being back at the CV Show next year. It’s great timing for us to consolidate the launches of the new Caddy and Transporter, as well as to meet customers and provide opportunities for our teams and those from our dedicated Van Centre network to build relationships.’

More details about Volkswagen’s stand and show exhibits will be announced in due course. For more information on the Commercial Vehicle show, visit The Commercial Vehicle Show | Britain’s Biggest Road Transport Show (http://www.cvshow.com). For more details on the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles range, or to find your local Volkswagen Van Centre, please visit Commercial Vehicles from Volkswagen | Buy a van today | VWCV (UK) (http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk)