PDA

View Full Version : Was and is now

moostin
04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/MOOSTIN/CARS/MyDubF703RPV.jpghttp://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/MOOSTIN/CARS/?action=view&current=VWDUB002.jpg

99gti
04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Looks very tidy! Is it here in Aus now?

moostin
05-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Yep, It's here, however did you see the link to photobucket on the right hand side, it dosn't look quite as good now. But it will at some stage!

I've spoke to a friend in the UK who is going to try and track down some repair panels (rear arches & panel)

99gti
05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
It doesn't look to bad - just looks like its in need of a good wash.

joshyd-mk2gti
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM
go the four doors! i like the colour.

you should have brought out a two door thou, able to sell it for more $$$ when the time comes.

moostin
06-12-2007, 05:30 PM
A good wash and clean about a week worth should do it, it's stood on the drive for the last four years untouched, a mate said we should run it up, so a new battery and it started just as I put the key in!!

All that aside it needs a fair bit of work to get it up to scratch, I went to the show the other week didn't get there until late, was sad to see that everyone from here had gone?

Sell it!!! "Over my dead body" just ask the wife! I'd sell her and the kids first!

As the tag says "work in progress" but it will be back and I can't wait it drives like the devil.

The colour, it's great a bitch to match, does anyone know what is?

DaveMack
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
The colour, it's great a bitch to match, does anyone know what is?

Looks like British Racing Green (BRG) to me ... but that's probably not a lot of help.

Dave

99gti
06-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes yes - I left early. It appears not only that white men can't jump, but this white man also couldn't stand the heat. I got burnt to a crisp that day and the day before so I left early.

Get up some shots once she's all clean again.

joshyd-mk2gti
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Looks like British Racing Green (BRG) to me ... but that's probably not a lot of help.

Dave

its navy blue isnt it? i dont know the proper VW name for it thou. there should be a sticker under the carpet in the hatch with the paint code.

16v?

moostin
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I'll check under the carpet - thanks, hoping to start some work on it in the new year, how would you go getting compliance? Any one know someone who is dub friendly in that area?

It's just a plain 8v at some stage I'd like to "up grade the motor" (when I'm rich)