PDA

View Full Version : Where is my Oxygen Sensor located?

VW Caddy
04-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi All,

New to this so please go easy on me if what im asking sounds stupid.

I want to modify a few engine parts and was wondering where my Oxygen Sensors would be located. I have a 1.6L 2005 Caddy.

Reason im asking is because i have been reading through the threads and noticed that i might have problems with the oyxgen sensors when putting in a COI, so i just want to know where they are so i can avoid it and see how much room I've got to play with.

Cheers
Alex

h100vw
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
No need to post in different threads mate. The MODS will be on your case for that.

The lambda probes are in the exhaust after the cat if there's only one and before and after the cat if there's two.

You might find it easier to jack up the vehicle and look underneath.

What makes you think they are bad??

Gavin

VW Caddy
04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
i dont know if its going to be bad or stuff it up but the thread i read below says that if the COI is too close to the oxygen sensors, i'll start getting lights appearing indicating something is wrong.

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=9004

I've ordered a K&N 57i Intake Kit so im just wondering if that will cause my oxgen sensors to stuff up. If it will, i want to try and avoid putting the Intake Kit near the sensors.

Cheers

h100vw
04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
i dont know if its going to be bad or stuff it up but the thread i read below says that if the COI is too close to the oxygen sensors, i'll start getting lights appearing indicating something is wrong.

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=9004

I've ordered a K&N 57i Intake Kit so im just wondering if that will cause my oxgen sensors to stuff up. If it will, i want to try and avoid putting the Intake Kit near the sensors.

Cheers

The oil on the filter will be burnt in the engine and wouldn't damage the lambda probes.

The oiled filters seem to have a habit of causing MAFs to fail. That usually takes quite a while to happen and you wouldn't always be able to tell from a VAG-COM scan unless you look at airflow with the measuring blocks.

Gavin

VW Caddy
04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for that.

I also read that by placing the COI next to the sensors, the car potentially can run lean.

To avoid this.......does anyone have a recommendation on where to house the COI kit?

Cheers