PDA

View Full Version : R36 Xenon Headlight Adjustment

sgottlieb
26-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Hey all

I am not sure if I am the only person who finds this but my headlights seem to sit too low so in dark situations so I can't see the road ahead of me very well.
I was wondering if anyone knew some coding via VCDS to adjust the height as the headlights look at quite a few sensors to adjust them selves so I do not want to adjust them manually.

I have looked through the normal VCDS menus but have found nothing.
The controllers are different to other VI models so other walk throughs are different.

Any help on this would be great!

Cheers

Simon

snerlo
26-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Very simple solution mate as I have had the same problem with mine. The solution is to go to your garage, get an allen key set, open the bonnet of your R36, and then look at the top of the headlight. You will see a white round screw that has a shape that you will find the correct size allen key to fit. Simply screw it one way to raise or lower your lights. I can't remember which way to screw. Obviously, best done at night, or even better, is to do it in a basement carpark so you can align them correctly.

sgottlieb
26-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Thanks for that. Does this affect the auto levelling at all?
I was only a little worried as the lights are controlled via sensors (front height, rear height, steering angle input) and I didn't want to interfere with their operation.

snerlo
27-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Nah mate. Best thing to do is to go to an underground carpark. Turn off the car, turn it back on and let the lights do their start up thing, then adjust them, then turn the car off again. After this, turn the car back on and wait for the lights to do their start up thing again and the lights will set themselves at the new height that you set them at.

sgottlieb
27-07-2015, 11:51 PM
No dramas I'll give that a go. Thanks heaps

ope126
02-08-2015, 01:18 PM
No dramas I'll give that a go. Thanks heaps

So how did you go?

sgottlieb
02-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Worked like a charm! Made a massive difference. That was probably the only thing that was annoying me about the car

ope126
02-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Great to hear!
This will no doubt help other in the future also...