PDA

View Full Version : RE: B7 Passat 125TDI Battery Change

ope126
27-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi All,

Here are my experiences, car just turns 3yrs old and battery dead as a door nail!

OEM Battery 7P0915105 AGM (Varta) 12V 68Ah 680CCA replaced with the following;

Varta E39 AGM Start / Stop 70Ah 760CCA (I paid $300.00) Products | Start-Stop | Silver Dynamic AGM | VARTA (http://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/products/start-stop/silver-dynamic-agm/)

You also need to be careful when replacing a Stop / Start Battery as there is some coding / adaption / reset that needs to be done to tell the ECU that a NEW battery has been installed. If not the car will still think it is running on the OLD battery.

Big shout out to Bree & Janelle at Battery Hotline Archerfield QLD Battery Hotline | Batteries Online | Car Batteries | Marine Batteries (http://www.batteryhotline.com.au/)

They were more than happy to provide excellent service along with a FANTASTIC price.

If you let them know you are a member of this Forum, they will give you a great price!

The One
27-06-2015, 03:05 PM
I was under the impression with AGM batteries/stop - start systems you should only use a genuine battery and you're right about the coding, on ODIS it gives you a pre-selected list of batterie sizes, e.g: din rating, CCA rating, amps etc. I was also under the impression you should not go more than a genuine battery as it will effect stop-start among many other things?

CaseySP
06-07-2015, 06:54 PM
This is useful info. My battery carked it on the weekend while I was washing and vacuuming the car (always have my block rocking beats music on :banana:). Anyway the very helpful Volkswagen Assist were there in no time at all to jump start the car (battery was down to 11.5v) but he didn't have a replacement in his truck. VW can't fit me in until next week to replace it so hopefully it holds up. At least the next one won't cost the earth.

Hillbilly
06-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Was told at a Battery World to save up for my Stop Start battery as it was about $800 He could be wrong I hope

He said was special and had a chip etc in it.

ope126
06-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Was told at a Battery World to save up for my Stop Start battery as it was about $800 He could be wrong I hope

He said was special and had a chip etc in it.

$800...tell him his dreaming!!!

fox
26-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Hi All,

Here are my experiences, car just turns 3yrs old and battery dead as a door nail!

OEM Battery 7P0915105 AGM (Varta) 12V 68Ah 680CCA replaced with the following;

Varta E39 AGM Start / Stop 70Ah 760CCA (I paid $300.00) Products | Start-Stop | Silver Dynamic AGM | VARTA (http://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/products/start-stop/silver-dynamic-agm/)

You also need to be careful when replacing a Stop / Start Battery as there is some coding / adaption / reset that needs to be done to tell the ECU that a NEW battery has been installed. If not the car will still think it is running on the OLD battery.

Big shout out to Bree & Janelle at Battery Hotline Archerfield QLD Battery Hotline | Batteries Online | Car Batteries | Marine Batteries (http://www.batteryhotline.com.au/)

They were more than happy to provide excellent service along with a FANTASTIC price.

If you let them know you are a member of this Forum, they will give you a great price!

$300 is a very good price for E39. I am trying to find this in Sydney, could not find anyone close enough. Dealer quote from VW is ~ $450

CaseySP
26-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Mine died with about 20 days to go on the new car warranty. Actually it died, VW Assist (absolutely brilliant service) came and tested the battery (yep - failing cells and needs replacing) then jump started the car. It then ran fine for the following two and half weeks until VW had a spare slot to re-test the old battery, order in a replacement and then swap it over a week later :facepalm:

Hopefully the new one lasts a bit longer.

fox
26-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Unfortunately my Car is just out of warranty, so have to spend the money for the battery.

fox
30-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Just a quick question on changing of the battery (i am thinking of doing it myself). Is there anything special that needs to be taken care off or just swap the battery. Does it need to be connected to a power source when the battery is removed.

Thanks

ope126
30-07-2015, 11:44 PM
As per original post; You also need to be careful when replacing a Stop / Start Battery as there is some coding / adaption / reset that needs to be done to tell the ECU that a NEW battery has been installed. If not the car will still think it is running on the OLD battery.

drjekl
23-01-2016, 04:47 PM
As per original post; You also need to be careful when replacing a Stop / Start Battery as there is some coding / adaption / reset that needs to be done to tell the ECU that a NEW battery has been installed. If not the car will still think it is running on the OLD battery.

Who did you use for the coding?