PDA

View Full Version : Memory seats tweak - Easy Access

kamold
21-06-2015, 07:27 AM
I came across this while mucking around with VCDS yesterday, and have since found it documented elsewhere so thought I'd share.

For those with memory seats, you can enable a function called 'easy access'. When you pull the keys out of the ignition, the seat will move back away from the steering wheel a little, (not as much as I was hoping, but its something) allowing you to get out more easily. Then when you get back in and start the car, it moves back to your saved position.

easy entry/exit memory seat function -mk5 VW | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum (http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/easy-entry-exit-memory-seat-function-mk5-vw/)

revivor
21-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Nice find kamold!

This tweak really benefits my size as a 6ft er!

Time to get my dust covered vcds cable out!! haha...

kamold
21-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Would be even better if you could control the amount of travel, as it seems to only move a couple of cm on mine, but still better than nothing.

I'm not 6ft but I want to try to minimise the damage to the side bolster getting in and out.

revivor
28-06-2015, 10:06 AM
I did the tweak last night. It does the same, moves only a few cm back and up/down a few cm.
Goes back to your memory position once you insert the key and on upon shutting the door it moves back.

Hillbilly
27-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Did it today in my 2011 Passat Is slightly different in that it has a box at the bottom of the page where you can put a tick in a box and change the value from 0 to 1.

However it didnt work.

Hooray Did it again this morning and YES WE HAVE LIFT OFF.

kamold
14-08-2015, 08:10 AM
So had my first gremlin with this feature the other day...

Got in the car and started, seat started to move forward...then continued on and on in forward motion until I was squashed up against the steering wheel.

I held down preset 1 and seat returned to normal position and it hasn't recurred. I thought it was pretty funny but can see how it could potentially be problematic for someone who is older or larger or pregnant for example.

ASR36
28-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Had the seat squash issue today. Have you experienced this again kamold or was it a one time only squash?

kamold
28-04-2016, 10:04 PM
I've had it maybe 3 times.
You can override with the seat controls. Funny unless it's another driver I guess.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hillbilly
13-03-2017, 05:41 PM
As said did this and it was fine till I got a flat battery Now it does funny things and at the moment all that happens is the back squab moves a bit but the seat chassis doesnt.
Anyone got any ideas on how to readjust it without a VCDS as a flat battery shouldnt change saved entries i wouldnt think

Hillbilly
14-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Bump as it didnt show up yesterday

passat_r36
15-08-2017, 11:37 PM
oh wow. this was one of the first tweaks i did when i played around with the VCDS (same as you just stumbled across it) and i confirm it only moves a few cm but i believe that's enough to save the foam in your seats. however i haven't been squished yet - touch wood hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillbilly
16-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Mine seems to have come right on its own I would say it moves more than 50mm back as I find i have to stretch to reach the pedals before it slides forward. Have it set to activate when I start the engine.

JustCruisn
16-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Is there any option to raise the steering wheel at the same time ? Lexus are quite good at this, wheel up and seat right back.

Ozsko
16-08-2017, 09:33 PM
So had my first gremlin with this feature the other day...

Got in the car and started, seat started to move forward...then continued on and on in forward motion until I was squashed up against the steering wheel.

I held down preset 1 and seat returned to normal position and it hasn't recurred. I thought it was pretty funny but can see how it could potentially be problematic for someone who is older or larger or pregnant for example.

Just a heads up, I seem to recall that bug from some years ago and from memory it sort of fell out of favour because of it. Imagine the problem if a pregnant woman had it happen to her, the result might not be nice.

Hillbilly
16-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Is there any option to raise the steering wheel at the same time ? Lexus are quite good at this, wheel up and seat right back.Probably hard to do with a manual wheel adjustment as you have to loosen the lock first

Rooboy
13-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Just updated mine via OBDeleven - a very easy adjustment to make. It moves in upon pressing the start button and back when I open the door to get out.