PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVIC HD3 vs Kenwood

bigwill
01-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey all,
I just recently put a deposit on a standard united grey 3dr R32 with no options :( and will hopefully arrive in mid jan j: can't wait.

just wanted to know if anyone has had experiences with the pioneer AVID HD3 and Kenwood DDX 6039 in car GPS navigations, i would like other's comments relating to this multimedia unit? and is it still possible to access using the steering wheel mounted buttons?

I would also like to know in terms of warranty, if i installed either one of those gps navigations would it void the whole warranty for the car or just for the audio parts?

Thanks everyone for your comments :D

BlackVr6ix
01-12-2007, 09:02 PM
What state you in? HD3 is many many times better and more user friendly than the Kenwood "equvilant"

Should not void warranty if installed properly, steering wheel controls can be integrated using interfaces avaliable on the market.

bigwill
02-12-2007, 10:12 AM
thanks for the post, i live in sydney, nsw....ive also just been doin alot of web searching for aftermarket in dash GPS systems and i came across some ebay items.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-VW-MFD2-DVD-2007-year-C-ver-Golf-Passat-Skoda_W0QQitemZ260187452994QQihZ016QQcategoryZ1156 03QQcmdZViewItem

this for example, has anyone had any experience with this ebay seller/item and would it work here is australia? any information would help me greatly and do u think any VW dealer would install this item or if anyone knows of any good audio installers?

thanks once again

cheers

BlackVr6ix
02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Hard to find maps for australia i'd say.

geoffp
03-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Hi Bigwill,

Link to my AVIC install (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=6811).

Doesn't void any warranty on your car except the existing audio system (pays to check with your dealer just to make sure).

I have 12 months warranty plus a further 12 months Autobarn warranty on the AVIC.

The steering wheel volume controls work, however the phone button doesn't. No biggee though, tap the screen to answer!!

If you get the AVIC, make sure you get all the relevant CANBus interfaces (Also, make sure the installers are qualified Pioneer AND AVIC installers. lots of bits and pieces).

Cheers,
Geoff.

BlackVr6ix
03-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Geoff, you should have 5 years warranty in total, check your paper work and look at the triple boost section.

bigwill
03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
hey geoff, thanks for your post,
just read the cost of the whole package :( thats a crazy price to pay for a multimedia unit but well worth it guess.

Cheers

geoffp
03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Geoff, you should have 5 years warranty in total, check your paper work and look at the triple boost section.

hmmmm, i'm pretty slack when it comes to reading the fine print ;\
is this triple boost bit under the AVIC warranty?

geoffp
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
hey geoff, thanks for your post,
just read the cost of the whole package :( thats a crazy price to pay for a multimedia unit but well worth it guess.

Cheers

cost a bit for sure
really depends how it is funded