PDA

View Full Version : VCDS or VAG COM

gadget007a
17-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Any one use either or both of the VCDS or VAG Com cables / software?

I am wanting to get something to turn on features and diagnose problems in the future with my RS when it arrives.

would appreciate any comments as to which one people use / like / prefer, and any pro's or con's against each

thanks

h100vw
17-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Any one use either or both of the VCDS or VAG Com cables / software?

I am wanting to get something to turn on features and diagnose problems in the future with my RS when it arrives.

would appreciate any comments as to which one people use / like / prefer, and any pro's or con's against each

thanks

VCDS is the new name for VAG COM.

There's a few folk in Adelaide that have them.

Gavin

gadget007a
17-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Thanks Gavin

I guess the Info on Octavia Adaptations on the Briskoda Forum is a bit out of date then.

So my next question which cable are people using, the Micro-Can or the HEX+USB-Can, has anyone found any limitations with either of these?

Cheers
Terry

h100vw
17-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks Gavin

I guess the Info on Octavia Adaptations on the Briskoda Forum is a bit out of date then.

So my next question which cable are people using, the Micro-Can or the HEX+USB-Can, has anyone found any limitations with either of these?

Cheers
Terry

Read the FAQs on Ross techs site.

Short answer from me is get the HEX+CAN because there are no limitations with it. The Micro Can doesn't work on older chassis cars. Nothing more disappointing finding it won't work on something.

Spend the extra.

Gavin