PDA

View Full Version : Registering dual colour tone Yeti

Skamlpreet
13-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Hi All,

I ended up buying the 77 TSI however have not yet taken delivery of the vehicle.

I was about to pick it up today when I checked the Rego online and realized that the dealer has registered it as 'Black' when infact it is Cappuccino Biege with a Black roof and as a 'Station Wagaon'

I have said no to the delivery of the vehicle until they get it fixed (not until Monday or Tuesday next) which means that the pick up of the car is only going to be next weekend.

Can those of you who have dual Colour tone Yetis / other cars advise what colour and type (station Wagon?) have their cars been registered as?

Appreciate all your help

brad
13-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Agree about the colour as you register the colour that covers the biggest % of panels and the roof isn't the biggest area.

If it isn't a station wagon then what would it be?

Skamlpreet
13-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Agree about the colour as you register the colour that covers the biggest % of panels and the roof isn't the biggest area.

Thanks for your response Brad. That was my understanding as well hence the push back to the dealer to get it changed.
Can you advise how this would be reflected on the online records...as a colour change (could be interpreted to mean that I got the colour of the car chnaged) vs. colour incorrect captured (I would assume this to be more appropriate).

Worried l might run into issues when I to sell the car at a later date

Apologies, I am new to Australia and this is my first car buying experience which has not been smooth sailing so far.

[QUOTE]
If it isn't a station wagon then what would it be?
I thought it would be a smallish SUV but see that most of the insurance sites have it listed as a station wagon as well so not too bothered.

Thanks again for your inputs

brad
14-06-2015, 10:01 AM
I think you are worrying unnecessarily.

The next new / almost new car I buy will be in some colour I probably don't like. I'll probably be taking it to the vinyl wrap people & getting it done in something that suits me better. I have no intention of notifying the RMS and I don't believe there's any legal obligation to do so.

As a newbie, I can understand your concern as this joint has far too many rules & regulations.

valtheval
14-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Enjoy it, we just registered jungle green 103tdi yeti with white roof a couple of weeks ago & I put green on form as station wagon

brad
15-06-2015, 11:59 AM
This may interest you
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/business-industry/examiners/vehicle-shape-codes-guide.pdf

In theory your vehicle should be a PVS. By registering it as a WAG you can park in loading zones for 15m. The question is, does a WAG cost more to register than a PVS? If you don't think the ability to park in loading zones is needed then it might be worthwhile asking the question at the RMS.

Road Vehicle Descriptor Online (http://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVD.do)

Road Vehicle Descriptor Online (http://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVDResult.do?viewPdfKey=10185&submitValue=view)

Skamlpreet
16-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Thanks a lot for your responses everyone. The Dealer had the color changed on the vehicle to Beige, which works fine.

In theory your vehicle should be a PVS. By registering it as a WAG you can park in loading zones for 15m. The question is, does a WAG cost more to register than a PVS? If you don't think the ability to park in loading zones is needed then it might be worthwhile asking the question at the RMS.

Thanks for sharing. Mighty helpful. A quick search on the internet shows the costs of registering a wagon are lesser than the PVS. Not too fussed

Thanks again