PDA

View Full Version : Chipped windscreen

LookOut
28-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I got a stone chip in the windscreen today, from a stone flicked off of truck on the Bolte Bridge. Bugger. I'm sure a replacement windscreen is going to be very exy - does anyone have experience with chip repairs?

Tim
28-11-2007, 04:16 PM
upgrade your insurance to include 1 free screen per year. and then claim it in a few months time :D

VW Convert
28-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I got a stone chip in the windscreen today, from a stone flicked off of truck on the Bolte Bridge. Bugger. I'm sure a replacement windscreen is going to be very exy - does anyone have experience with chip repairs?

Yeah, one of the first things that happened to me after getting the Jetta. :mad:

Had mine fixed by Novus and it was quite satisfactory. The repair is not totally invisible but it is virtually unnoticeable.

Cheers

George

FknDubbin
28-11-2007, 10:36 PM

When im back at work, ill get the number for the guy who buffs out our stonechips.

LookOut
29-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks all! I was hoping to get a repair rather than a replacement, so that name would be much appreciated!

FknDubbin
29-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Knights Windscreen Repairs Eastern7 Albany Cl Ringwood North 3134
0419 326 471

Say Matt from GWS Renault sent you. He should look after you. :)

LookOut
29-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks Fkn. I'll give him a buzz.

LookOut
29-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Cost of New windscreen - $650
Insurance excess - $500

I've got Knights coming this morning to repair it - Cheers FknDubbin for the tip. I'll post a before and after of the repair if i can....

LookOut
29-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Chip is now repaired. No point photographing, coz you cant see it!!

Great job, great service, $66. and the advice is, if you have a stone chip and want to get it repaired, do it straight away, coz any grime that gets into the cracks make the repair less successful.

FknDubbin
29-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Chip is now repaired. No point photographing, coz you cant see it!!

Great job, great service, $66. and the advice is, if you have a stone chip and want to get it repaired, do it straight away, coz any grime that gets into the cracks make the repair less successful.

Wicked! Great to hear it went well!