PDA

View Full Version : VR6 engine manual?

VR6golfboy
28-11-2007, 03:32 PM
hey people
anywhere online to look at a service manual or the likes for the VR6 engine?
cheers
rhys

Jmac
02-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes mate what do ya want to know???
Fire away with the question mate!!!
Cheers

VR6golfboy
03-12-2007, 06:54 AM
just all the service **** about the engines like what plugs, oil capacity, all the service stuff basically.
thanks
rhys

VW VR6
16-05-2008, 02:01 AM
PM sent for manual.

The_Hawk
16-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Buy a Bently's manual for US$44.77 + shipping. Best money you can spend if you intend on doing things yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-Jetta-Golf-GTI-1993-1999/dp/0837603668/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210888716&sr=8-5

Mind you if all you want to know if the basic stuff, you may as well just ask us.

Plugs are NGK - BKR5EKU they are a group 6 plug and about round the $12 each mark at Repco and the like.

As for oil, everyone has a different opinion, at the moment I have moved from a fully synthetic to Castrol GTX2 which is working quite well. The capacity is 5L, but you will want a spare bottle for top ups as the VR6 is a hot engine and will drink a little oil between changes.

Oil Filters are Hengst and are hard to find in the OEM form. VW want about $45 for one. If you import them you can get Mahle filters for about US$11 including a new sump plug washer. Yes you can get a Ryco one locally, but I haven't heard anything good about them.

Spark Plug leads... don't even try in Australia. Import them for about US$100.

Air Filter... Don't know, never needed one as I always had a pod, then moved to a Cold Air Intake. Autobarn sell a "DRiFT" branded one which is basically a rip off of the much more expensive BMC CDA model. List price is a shade under $300 but they will normally let them go for about $180.

Fuel filter, the "official" VW line is that it never needs to be replaced...

If your going to do all the filters, pull out your rain tray and do the cabin air filter too. Chances are it's a pile of dust right now.

If you want a pile of parts, these guys are very good on both service and price.
http://www.germanautoparts.com/main.php?make=Volkswagen&selmodel=Golf

VW VR6
16-05-2008, 03:02 PM
e-mail sent to your mailbox.