PDA

View Full Version : Superb Wagon Tailgate Height

Hilnic
19-05-2015, 05:01 PM
I’m having an issue with the height to which my power tailgate opens when I press either the console button or the tailgate button. Currently it opens to a height that is about 2 inches short of maximum. As I am 6’ 4” I need it to open to maximum.
After the tailgate opens I can then push it a further 2 inches open (to maximum), but I can’t get it to reset to that height.
The book says that after you manually set the height you press and hold the console button – however this does nothing for me.
Note that it did used to open to maximum some time ago – but it has decided to reset to a lower height now.

ashmannnn
21-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Just buy a Superb sedan... much easier:banana:

Hilnic
29-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Thanks for that very useful suggestion ashmannnn!

Is there anybody out there having the same problem with their tailgate height adjustment?

Cheers

Hillbilly
29-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Try holding the remote button in after resetting it mine did ok

Hilnic
01-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Hmmm. Tried that, didn't seem to do anything.

Do you mean open the tailgate, push up to the correct height, then just press and hold the boot button on the remote? For how long?

Hillbilly
01-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Hmmm. Tried that, didn't seem to do anything.

Do you mean open the tailgate, push up to the correct height, then just press and hold the boot button on the remote? For how long? As long as it tells you in the manual. Mine isnt here and cant remember but 5 secs would be about ok

Hilnic
02-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Fixed it!

A combination of advice from Hillbilly and RTFM'ing led me to using the button ON THE TAILGATE to reset the height. Phew.

Hillbilly
02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Fixed it!

A combination of advice from Hillbilly and RTFM'ing led me to using the button ON THE TAILGATE to reset the height. Phew.

Sorry I was close but manual isnt around at the moment and I have only had to do it a couple of years ago when I manually stopped it going right up RTFM is magic isnt it ROFL

ashmannnn
06-06-2015, 11:15 AM
still should have bought a sedan :-)