PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Jetta Cruise Control Problem

rpps
08-05-2015, 06:51 AM
I have a new 2015 Jetta and since the day I bought it 6 weeks ago the Cruise Control doesn't work properly, after taking it back to the dealers many times they have found out that during manufacture that the wrong CC module was put in. Hopefully soon my car will have the new module put in and my CC will work as it should. According to my dealer there's quiet a few cars out there affected it's just that not many people use this feature to find out.

maxrob200
13-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Had this happen once with my Bora, CC module was accidentally disconnected. I would be lost without it as I set the CC for my freeway trips daily. Hope it is fixed soon for you

jake85
30-06-2015, 09:07 PM
oh no ! I just ordered a 2015 Jetta last weekend.... still waiting for delivery.. but I never use the Cruise Control anyway... i cant really use it in Sydney traffic anyway :)

rpps
01-07-2015, 07:59 PM
oh no ! I just ordered a 2015 Jetta last weekend.... still waiting for delivery.. but I never use the Cruise Control anyway... i cant really use it in Sydney traffic anyway :)

Well I use my a lot on Highway driving and also in the ever changing speed zones in suburban areas. It's been 4 months since I first reported the fault in my car but I'm still waiting for VW to come up with a fix. Just make sure with your new car that it's working before you sign off on it, a good chance it won't be working.

jake85
01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
4 months and still no fix OMG.... yeah for sure I'll be checking the cruise control before handing over my cheque.

ope126
01-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems!
I am onto my second Jetta now and both have been faultless!!!

Have faith that it will be fixed, the car is under warranty...

rpps
02-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems!
I am onto my second Jetta now and both have been faultless!!!

Have faith that it will be fixed, the car is under warranty...
My faith in VW Australia is rapidly waning how hard is it for them to fix this or at least keep me informed on what is actually happening. I had a MK7 Golf and had similar problems about VW's response to some warranty issues, I persisted with these cars because they are so good to drive. But if I was going to buy a new car in the future I doubt I will even consider a VW, so many little issues and a company who is so slow to respond to any warranty claim.

Umai Naa!!
02-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Its usually the dealer who drags the chain, not VW.

All the best with it.

rpps
06-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Its usually the dealer who drags the chain, not VW.

All the best with it.

I think your right about the dealer dragging the chain. When I went in Friday and spoke to the Manager of my dealership and told her that under Australian Consumer Law I'm entitled for a replacement or a refund if the problem isn't fixed in a reasonable time, also I gave her a letter giving them 10 days to reply and that legal proceedings will begin after that time. During my discussions as soon as I mention this she was frantically running around talking to the Service Manager and getting the history about my problem with the car. She said VW will not replace the car unless some more tests are carried out, I replied why more tests the car has had six such testing's done and one time they had the car for 2 weeks. I just pointed out that if I don't get a satisfactory result within the 10 days that Legal proceedings will take place according to the ACCC.

The One
06-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Hey mate.

Just tell them to replace the cruise control buttons (steering wheel buttons) this will fix the issue. Tell them to read MVB's of engine and steering electrics they will see that the signal is getting to the ECU and SCCM which rules out a wiring problem. I've seen this issue many times before.

rpps
07-07-2015, 04:57 AM
Hey mate.

Just tell them to replace the cruise control buttons (steering wheel buttons) this will fix the issue. Tell them to read MVB's of engine and steering electrics they will see that the signal is getting to the ECU and SCCM which rules out a wiring problem. I've seen this issue many times before.
Thanks for the advice I will mention this to the dealership, I know they tried a new steering wheel on my car and the problem persisted but that might have had the same faulty buttons also.

The One
07-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the advice I will mention this to the dealership, I know they tried a new steering wheel on my car and the problem persisted but that might have had the same faulty buttons also.

Not sure why they would replace the whole steering wheel, only thing I can think of is that they wanted to replace the buttons? But you can get the buttons as a seperate part... Sounds like this dealership doesn't know what a Volkswagen is...

jake85
10-07-2015, 09:35 PM

well i picked up my jetta today, and all is good.. drove from Campbelltown to Liverpool on the M5 on cruise control without any issues.

rpps
12-07-2015, 04:30 PM
well i picked up my jetta today, and all is good.. drove from Campbelltown to Liverpool on the M5 on cruise control without any issues.
Looks like your car might be OK your lucky, my car has been back at the Dealers for over a week now and no fix yet in sight for the cruise control. It's coming up to 5 months and VW haven't been able to solve this yet and no idea of when they hope to have it sorted out which is disappointing. The only offer I had from the Dealership was hey would be willing to trade me out of the vehicle and VW might assist with the cost of Stamp Duty,3rd part insurance. Not what I wanted to hear, if they can't fix this problem I want a replacement Jetta or a refund, I will see how it all works out tomorrow when I take my loan car back.

jake85
12-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Looks like your car might be OK your lucky, my car has been back at the Dealers for over a week now and no fix yet in sight for the cruise control. It's coming up to 5 months and VW haven't been able to solve this yet and no idea of when they hope to have it sorted out which is disappointing. The only offer I had from the Dealership was hey would be willing to trade me out of the vehicle and VW might assist with the cost of Stamp Duty,3rd part insurance. Not what I wanted to hear, if they can't fix this problem I want a replacement Jetta or a refund, I will see how it all works out tomorrow when I take my loan car back.

the only issue I found (so far) is that both front head lights are fogging up when it rains.

rpps
13-07-2015, 07:32 PM
That happens all cars in certain conditions. I solved my problem I traded Jetta in on a Kia

jake85
08-08-2015, 12:38 PM
well interesting enough I got a Cruise Control Malfunction error in the MFD the other day and I wasn't even using the CC, all I did was press the volume up button on the steering wheel while driving. while the error was up none of the CC buttons worked. I pulled over turned the car off waited about 1min then turned it back on and the error was gone. CC still works fine. I have my first service/inspection next week I'll let the dealer know and see what they say.

jake85
15-08-2015, 11:10 AM
well interesting enough I got a Cruise Control Malfunction error in the MFD the other day and I wasn't even using the CC, all I did was press the volume up button on the steering wheel while driving. while the error was up none of the CC buttons worked. I pulled over turned the car off waited about 1min then turned it back on and the error was gone. CC still works fine. I have my first service/inspection next week I'll let the dealer know and see what they say.

so it happened again, this time when I started the car the error just came on, so I switch the car off and back on and there was no error.

Had my first service today, told the dealer about what was happenings and they said that VW has a notice out for this : TPI2039049/3 , more info here :

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/08/KS1wSK0-1.jpg

I'll see how it goes..... fingers crossed this works.

CannonShane
19-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Interesting, I haven't had any error pop up. It worked fine the first few days and then all of a sudden on my way he from work the button just wouldn't do anything.

rpps
24-08-2015, 08:04 AM
After 5 months and many trips back to my VW dealership they still couldn't fix the problem with the CC even after software updates and inspections. The problem have been reported from two guys in South Africa and Turkey and I guess this is a wide spread problem it's just that a lot of people are unaware of it as they don't use the CC. I finally spat the dummy and asked for the dealership to refund my money, they complied as long as I bought another car from their dealership which I did and this time it wasn't a German brand.

bushnut
25-08-2015, 08:09 PM
The software update was only released last week I would be going back and stating the tpi above.

CannonShane
31-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Dropped mine in today, Told them about the cruise control issue and that possibly there is a software update. Lets so how far i get.

jake85
11-09-2015, 08:38 AM
so it happened again, this time when I started the car the error just came on, so I switch the car off and back on and there was no error.

Had my first service today, told the dealer about what was happenings and they said that VW has a notice out for this : TPI2039049/3 , more info here :

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/08/KS1wSK0-1.jpg

I'll see how it goes..... fingers crossed this works.

so its been a month since I had the above updated applied and all is good, no more errors. I think I'm going to call it and say the issue is resolved.

CannonShane
22-10-2015, 07:43 PM
They applied the update to mine and i haven't had the issue since either.