PDA

View Full Version : R36 rear view mirror

Netrover
03-05-2015, 06:15 AM
All my previous cars have had the manual adjustment to reduce glare from headlights in the rear view mirror.

The R36 owners manual tells me the mirror has a button to press to activate some form of electronic adjustment, a light to indicate that the button has been pushed, and a sensor to measure the amount of light reaching the mirror.

Problem is is that it doesn't seem to work. No matter if the button is on or off, or if I cover the sensor, there is no change to the intensity of headlights in the rear view mirror.

Strangely the the glare is not blinding. One night I thought I would turn it off to see just how much of a reduction in glare there was, but there was no change. Hence this question. Maybe it is actually working but I am too dumb to figure it out?

Any suggestions?

Darkhorse Developments
03-05-2015, 06:28 AM
If you put your finger on the front sensor hole that faces the windscreen to make it think its dark then shine a tourch into the sensor near the on off button that sees the headlamps from the rear of the car then it should dim if turned on and green light showing...make sure the drivers door is closed when checking and engine running

snerlo
03-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Also note that it is gradual and not an instantaneous change too

Darkhorse Developments
03-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Should take about 5 seconds to full dark tint