PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Bushes

DIDZ
26-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I know that a lot of you guys have been looking at coilovers, or shocks and springs, but have you thought about upgrading the suspension bushes ?

I'm finding that the GTI is feeling a little loose as a combination of the increased stress on the moving parts, and naturally so for a car that's almost 10 years old. I have a small tear in the drop link bushing and I'm in the market to upgrade.

Has anyone here purchased bushes to upgrade the handling characteristics of their car ? If so which brand have you used, and how did you find them ?

I've been doing some research, and all I can find are the Powerflex kits that are out there.....

Keenly await responses.

99gti
26-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm still waiting on a response but I'm getting mine done most probably next week. Along with V2's :D

I'll let you know how much tomorrow...

DIDZ
29-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm still waiting on a response but I'm getting mine done most probably next week. Along with V2's :D

I'll let you know how much tomorrow...

Have you found out how much they will cost ?

I'm looking at getting all of the fronts and rears done.

99gti
29-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm heading over this afternoon. I'll post up tonight...

MattyT
29-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I did alot of research on upgrading mine when my V2s went in, but ended up being talked out of it by the workshop who installed the KWs!

A bit odd, but basically they insisted only doing the KWs for a start, as uprated bushes increase NVH and tyre wear and can affect handling as well.

Ive found two brands that deal in bushes for the golf, Superpro (Aus) and Prothane (US).

DIDZ
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I did alot of research on upgrading mine when my V2s went in, but ended up being talked out of it by the workshop who installed the KWs!

A bit odd, but basically they insisted only doing the KWs for a start, as uprated bushes increase NVH and tyre wear and can affect handling as well.

Ive found two brands that deal in bushes for the golf, Superpro (Aus) and Prothane (US).

Umm, Powerflex is Superpro.. just a differemt name for the same brand.

I'll check Prothane out...

Edit: Sorry Superpro is through Fulcrum, was looking at everything I collated together and realised !!!!!!

99gti
02-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Just an update - my car is still in as they are quite busy atm. It's up on the hoist now, but I won't get it back till monday :(

ope126
02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Heres a couple of websites for you...

www.whiteline.com.au
www.superpro.com.au
www.redranger.com.au
www.powerflex.co.uk
www.superflex.co.uk

Glenn

99gti
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
ECS tuning ftw!!! I just got mine back from having them and the dogbone mount fitted and it's an incredible difference. A cheap but efective mod.

I went wity the black nolethane ones and you wouldn't want it any firmer than they are. An amazing difference!

DIDZ
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Swaybar link kit-spherical rod end suit pressed steel arm
Code: #KLC050
Price: AU$144.36

This is adjustable.

Caster adj kit - control arm / adds +0.75 deg
Code: #KCA351
Price: AU$121.73

Had the equivalent in the nissan and they were gun !

Still wary of Whiteline for Euro cars and the R&D that they've done. They've done great stuff for the WRX and the Mitsu EVO, but yeah.. interested in the above two.

Product Catalogue - Click me (http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/catalogues/WL_0330.pdf)

99gti
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
DIDZ - I got the whiteline sways fitted to mine and couldn't be happier. I don't have them at their tightest but the improvement was amazing.

ECS tuning - the one I mention I think are yankie.

DIDZ
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Quotes from Powerflex through their Aussie Distributor, MRT:

BUSH DESCRIPTION PART NUMBER

Front Wishbone Front Bush 2 per car (each)** PFF85-201 $51.84 each

Front Wishbone Rear Bush 2 per car (each) PFF85-410 $58.34 each

Front Anti Roll Bar Mount 2 per car (each) PFF85-411-21 (21mm) $42.09 each

Front Anti Roll Bar Mount 2 per car (each) PFF85-411-23 (23mm) $42.09 each

Front Anti Roll Bar Link Bush Kit 2 per car (each) PFF85-412 $51.84 each

Steering Rack Mount Bush 1 per car (each) PFF85-416 $32.34 each

Rear Beam Mounting Bush 2 per car (each) PFR85-415 $77.84 each

Looking at getting Powerflex stuff though through Awesome GTI in England, as I can buy the stuff and have it sent cheaper than through Powerflex and MRT together. MRT have a two week lead time.

Hoping this may help someone who's looking to keep their Mark IV in tip top shape.

DIDZ
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
I have to report that Nolathane is useless in their product range (in my opinion to products for MKIV's).

I'd happilly like a response from them proving otherwise - and I'd remove the comment above. Only one item for the Golf.