PDA

View Full Version : SItes to buy Tie rod ends

BL33SU
26-11-2007, 04:18 PM
What kind of websites from the US that ships cheap and sells tie rod ends.. need to replace mine.

or can i get them cheap locally.

DIDZ
26-11-2007, 06:50 PM
What did you do to have to replace it?

Tim
26-11-2007, 07:42 PM
you only need to drive your car to need to replace them. They dont seem to last that long on my vr6.

I think last time i got some they were about $50 each from euro car parts. No idea if thats a good or bad price. But probly not worth importing unless you have other stuff u want to order at the same time

Sleepy
27-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Germanautoparts.com i always use this site as they only charge you the actual shipping price not some made up one!! (got my new discs from here)

Tie rod end, outer. Original design with rubber isolator in body. Fits both left and right sides $36.45

Tie rod end, outer, full steel version. ***Improved design with solid metal body and larger 27mm ball joint (original has 22mm ball joint).*** New design eliminates the rubber isolator, is more stable and has higher load bearing capacity. Front, fits both left and right sides. $45.20

BL33SU
30-11-2007, 05:52 PM
thnx guys..

do they make sqeeeking noises badly wen they r gone? like braking and goin over bumps

peedman
30-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Not usually, play in a tie rod usually means steering wheel shudder at higher speeds. If u chock up a wheel and grab it at 9 and 3 oclock and 12 and 6 oclock and try and move it, a bad tie rod will have excessive play in it.

I would try local suspension shops first before going US as they are common thing to replace and as such shouldnt be too expensive if it is indeed worn.

evs18t
01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I just put on a new H&R cup kit (both spring and shocks). After I put them on it was so easy to see the tie rods ends were shot. Changed them and the support arms, now the rack is shot.:???:

Jmac
01-12-2007, 11:47 PM
$45 bucks each guys just email me and ill send them to ya!!! Same stuff different box.
Cheers and hey remember you need someone who knows to set your bump steer when doin your wheel alignment!!!!!!!!!!
CHeers

sci_fianime
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
thnx guys..

do they make sqeeeking noises badly wen they r gone? like braking and goin over bumps

does not sound like a tie rod end - more like the bushes have worn out...

check the condition of the bushes on the lower arms - your problem could be there...

BL33SU
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
thanks will check it..

wen i push down on the car's front right corner it makes the sqeeking sound.

Jmac
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Bushes in your top links worn mate! and when new ones are fitted a big trap is to tighten them up when the vehicle is jacked up which is wrong. If you do that then the bushes are instantly under stress the minute you let the jack down! This also causes creaks.

BL33SU
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Bushes in your top links worn mate! and when new ones are fitted a big trap is to tighten them up when the vehicle is jacked up which is wrong. If you do that then the bushes are instantly under stress the minute you let the jack down! This also causes creaks.

how much is this part and where do u buy it from? suspension place or vw?

BL33SU
06-12-2007, 12:28 AM
bump. my car is gettin worse lol the sqeeking is louder..

where would i get this part the cheapest??

Jmac
06-12-2007, 07:48 AM
you can buy top links X 4 for around $75 each mate. From VW they are about $ 250 !!!! Ive just done a set on an A4 same links. Have someone have a glance and a listen at it just to verify that it is them and if you are stuck you can send me some money and i can arrange a set for you. But like i said back a bit the other trick is in the fitting, you can fit them stressed and the will last no time and creak just as bad.
See how you go mate.

DubSteve
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
bump. my car is gettin worse lol the sqeeking is louder..

where would i get this part the cheapest??

Google search and find out, they aren't going to get any better by leaving them ;)

DUBING
06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Google search and find out, they aren't going to get any better by leaving them ;)

i say just grease em up :D

DubSteve
06-12-2007, 10:35 AM

ROFL :D:D:D...

BL33SU
06-12-2007, 10:37 AM

lol do it our way!! lol j: