PDA

View Full Version : EOI: cruise night sydney

fuzz
26-11-2007, 08:28 AM
hi guys,

just wanted to see if there is interest out there for a sydney cruise night, just a light rap maybe down to palm beach or whale beach or cottage point or somewhere.

be good to see some other golfs and share some knowledge.

all cars/bikes/people welcome and encouraged to come.

fuzz

edit: There are a few people interested so I have put them down here and from what I could tell where they are and what day they are interested in. There are a few people who want to do a run later next month so i've put a poll in too so you can select the days you would be keen and we can get an idea of when will be the best time(s):

Interested:

fuzz - Fri/Sat, Redfern
rayray086 - West Sydney
1DUB2C - Sydney (?)
mk3vr6 - Fri/Sat, Australia (?)
DIDZ - Sydney (?)
Lukev85 - Horningsea Park
vee_dub - Sun (?), Sydney (?)
nashan - Northern Beaches
DUBING - Sydney (?)
gpk_gti - psych ward
srbsta
the hawk

rayray086
26-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Would be great to do that, but depends on what day and such. And no George Street please!

BL33SU
26-11-2007, 01:45 PM
:D

im up for it, anywhere.

george st isnt like it used to be any more.. since the rocks closed. used to move 1 meter per 10mins, now you do the whole lap in 10mins. :(

DubSteve
26-11-2007, 02:03 PM
And no George Street please!

HAHAHA Agreed with Raymond on this I'd be happy with a late night cruise of such something different :)

Maybe a Friday or Saturday night sounds excellent :)

BL33SU
26-11-2007, 02:20 PM
il lead :D ;)

fuzz
26-11-2007, 05:59 PM
nice!

i was thinking a cruise out to the northen beaches?...nice long roads without too many lights and if we go later it will be nice and chilly. bring out the fellas or ladies and hang out and talk some ***** at the beach for a bit.

open to any suggestions however. I ould say at this stage either sat night this week or next fri night. 9/10pm.

DIDZ
26-11-2007, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't mind doing a night cruise, but not to Palm Beach - if it was anything like it was on a couple of occasions with the Nissan, I wouldn't be bothering with the dub..

Lukev85
26-11-2007, 06:15 PM
night cruise would be an awsome idea, good thinkin fuzz.

fuzz
26-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't mind doing a night cruise, but not to Palm Beach - if it was anything like it was on a couple of occasions with the Nissan, I wouldn't be bothering with the dub..

cool, got an alternative?

i suggested that because i used to lve in eastwood so we used to cruise down epping road then mona vale and then down to pittwater and on from there which is pretty straight forward with decent speeds and not too many lights.

i'm open to whatever

vee_dub
26-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Are we talking about this sunday???
If so I will join.

fuzz
26-11-2007, 09:58 PM
sorry about the ambiguous post, i was just looking for expressions of interest but as it seems there are a few who are up for it so...

Date: Friday 7th Dec (i am not sure about this friday night but I will be up for a run on short notice if there are others free)

Meet: TBA @ 8:30-9pm (don't know where most of you guys are but I would say around the city somewhere)

'Run': TBA

edit: apparently typing 'run': without the quote marks comes up as run:

rayray086
26-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah silly smiley shortcuts. I won't be able to make it I'm afraid... I'm starting overnight shifts from next week!

fuzz
26-11-2007, 11:24 PM
damn, could be just the excuse we need for warm up run this friday. i just won't be 100% until thursday night but i'll put something up then if you're keen for this week

nashan
27-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Why!!!??? :( The only time over the last 4 years i go to perth for a month and you organise a cruise straight past my front door! :mad: Wanna change the date to a bit closer to chrissy? :D Or anyone interested in a chrissy northern beaches cruise?? Me and a mate with a mk4 golf are keen to check out some of the other rides.

DubSteve
27-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I would be keen for this Friday but not next though sorry :(

Get a nice cruise going through just out of Sydney or something over the bridge! How many people would be up for one this Friday?

rayray086
27-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I would be keen for this Friday but not next though sorry :(

Get a nice cruise going through just out of Sydney or something over the bridge! How many people would be up for one this Friday?

Haha looks like Friday nights are out of the question for me. There's always something on! Remember to take some pics!

DubSteve
27-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Dang will have to make it a night where a few of us will come to I reckon, like Nashan said whats the consensus of everyone making it the week before Christmas, which is the week after the mk3 amateur photoshoot lol.

fuzz
27-11-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah friday nights are busy especially this close to xmas. if we can get a sydney crew together and get an idea where everyone is then we can organise a monthly or bi monthly cruise some where different each time. i'm also keen to check out the ride down south over that new road.

i don't know how well you guys know each other but if you want to post what day is best for you and where you are then i can get a list going in the top of this post to speed up the process and get a bit of a posse happening. and invite your mates and all that too, be good to have a social gathering and some different cars/bikes too.

SEE ORIGINAL POST

Lukev85
27-11-2007, 12:22 PM
im down for the 7th, might bring the missus along. the 8th ive got a christmas party so im unavailable

The_Hawk
27-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on things and I might make it... just depends on where it's at. Being in Campbelltown, *everything* is a hike. When it takes an hour plus to cruise TO the cruise...

Still, I like to get out so we will see what happens. Any date is as good as another for me so I won't vote.

fuzz
27-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on things and I might make it... just depends on where it's at. Being in Campbelltown, *everything* is a hike. When it takes an hour plus to cruise TO the cruise...

Still, I like to get out so we will see what happens. Any date is as good as another for me so I won't vote.

i hear you man, especially on a later run.

that's why i'm trying to figure out where everyone is so you can, for example, meet up with Lukev85 in Liverpool. You guys can do the cruise into the city or whereever the meeting point is. Meet up with us, show off your cars and talk some ***** and then decide to do all or some of the rest of the cruise or just head back.

you should also suggust some cruises out your way to even the scores too, i want to get around a fair bit. i only suggested the northern beaches cause it's what i used to do but cruises out west and down south are definately on the cards.

ps. if you do tick all the boxes in the poll we can start to lift up the numbers and get more people involved...you won't be held to it if you can't make it. it's still just at the interest stages.

also bring some mates and their cars for the cruise from campbelltown and make a night of it. i'm sure some of my mates will be keen to give their cars/bikes a rap...one of my mates is the national formula V champion and motor magazine test driver so he always has good advice and tips. another mate is an vw aircooled fanatic if anyone is into that.

f

The_Hawk
27-11-2007, 02:34 PM
/me points: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=10032

I am hoping to build a nice database of who has what and is where for times just like these :D

I try to make an effort to get out to whatever is going on, wherever that may be depending on what the family is doing.

DubSteve
27-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I votedbut I want to change the date to Friday 14th! As we have the mk3 amateur photoshoot on that Sunday so its a weekend of dubbing :D

vee_dub
27-11-2007, 03:57 PM
1/12 is good :D first day of the month.

fuzz
27-11-2007, 04:22 PM
/me points: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=10032

I am hoping to build a nice database of who has what and is where for times just like these :D

I try to make an effort to get out to whatever is going on, wherever that may be depending on what the family is doing.

good call, didn't mean to jack your idea. i sohuld have a good look around the forum to see whats around.

f

DubSteve
27-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Fuzz you need to make a consensus on a date pick one go with that! Too many dates and you won't know where you want to go, or which date believe me its happened before ;)

BL33SU
27-11-2007, 04:36 PM
fri 7th is out for me coz theres another cruise on d next day.

OMGMK4
27-11-2007, 04:59 PM
New to all of this would love to come along !
Happy to go with the flow. & travel just as much
Just had some work done under the bonnet & would like to take it for a decent safe run.

fuzz
27-11-2007, 05:04 PM
fri 7th is out for me coz theres another cruise on d next day.

fair point, lets go with next fri dec 7th. i'll change the poll and title

(those who are keen for this friday and definately can't go next friday let me know via pm cause i don't see why we can't meet up anyway for a quick blast)

DubSteve
28-11-2007, 08:27 AM
But he just said that he couldn't make it to that date :?

So Fuzz where , when is it going down :D

fuzz
28-11-2007, 11:22 AM
But he just said that he couldn't make it to that date :?

So Fuzz where , when is it going down :D

oh may bad, but according to the poll its fri 7th or sat 8th. seeing as though he has a ride the next day i think we have a better chance of convincing him to com on the 7th!

come on dub2c have a blast with us fri night then do the cruise on sat.

btw i couldn't change the headline of the post or the poll, any moderators help me out?

DubSteve
28-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I am going to that cruise as well so that Friday will be out for me to! How about this friday, but just not the 7th lol.

BL33SU
28-11-2007, 11:31 AM
actually i always cruise friday n sat neways so i would be in but need 2 leave early coz got work @ 11pm.

DubSteve
28-11-2007, 11:34 AM
actually i always cruise friday n sat neways so i would be in but need 2 leave early coz got work @ 11pm.

Huh where the bloody hell you working :o

BL33SU
28-11-2007, 11:35 AM
;) in d city

DubSteve
28-11-2007, 11:39 AM
;) in d city

Which corner :D:Dj:

BL33SU
28-11-2007, 11:41 AM
LOL!! no corners...

me n dubing will be doing the rounds thru the back streets every fridays from 11pm.

so we could go to the meet up n hang out abit then jet.

DUBING
28-11-2007, 08:42 PM
yep ill prob come along with the bimmer..:)

gpk_gti
28-11-2007, 09:10 PM
great thread and POLL guys!!! ill think about this!:cool:

wat will you be in ray if you sell the passssssat??? with bianca again??? hahahha

BL33SU
28-11-2007, 11:18 PM
great thread and POLL guys!!! ill think about this!:cool:

wat will you be in ray if you sell the passssssat??? with bianca again??? hahahha

who said i was selling it? its the other way around.. bianca is thinking of selling hers, but i wont let that happen lol

The_Hawk
29-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Fuzz you need to make a consensus on a date pick one go with that! Too many dates and you won't know where you want to go, or which date believe me its happened before ;)

Has a firm choice actually been made?

To avoid all confusion, why not make a new thread with a clear first post outlining where and when this little shin dig is to take place and for further discussion, link back to this thread for reference, then have a mod lock this old one.

srbsta
29-11-2007, 09:03 AM
any day after the 19th Dec.....coz i get my licence back woooooooooot :D

nashan
30-11-2007, 03:00 AM
I'd def be interested but not back on the east side of the country until the 23rd so unless its between chrissy and new years, which i very much doubt, i might have to leave it to the new year to meet you guys! :???:

Nathan

fuzz
30-11-2007, 07:55 AM
i can't do tonight guys as i'm entertaining some out of town guests.

i'll start a new thread for next friday night, can't please everyone but i'll put this up and see how it goes.

obviously the idea is you know who wants to go for a cruise tonight so if you're keen just send out a few PMs and make it happen.

but yeah i'll start a new thread for next fri night.

I want to keep this one open in case we have any new names so we can keep the list growing for next time, should make this a monthly occasion, first friday of he month?