PDA

View Full Version : R36 ByteFLASH Tune Experience?

Mr R36
09-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Has anybody tried a ByteFLASH tune from the link below? It was on the r36 forum in UK and they claim an increase of 35bhp, tunes the DSG and has the R36 clocking 0-100 In 4.9s. The appeal is also how easy it is to install.

Passat R36 Forum - R36Owners.NET - Passat R36, 3.6 V6 DSG • View topic - ByteFLASH: Handheld OBD Programmer for Engine and DSG (http://www.r36owners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1203&sid=1d92c618c022f7a04f3beb9c7fc6e2f8)

Would be interested to hear actual feedback!

Jakeys
10-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Those figures are hugely optimistic. Every workshop I have seen doing full proper tunes (With dyno testing, over $1k easy) quote at most around 15awKw gain, because the car is already so highly tuned, and these are custom tunes. Off the shelf stuff like the Bluefin tend to be a few Kw less I think but don't quote me on that. DSG tune is usually the price of a full custom tune again but this is the first plug in tune I have seen for them. But even with both of those done in person I've yet to see anyone get another 35bhp/26awKw and 0.7s quicker to 100km/h.

I'm not saying for sure it's crap but I am pretty skeptical until we see some dyno figures. I learnt from the Sprint Booster placebo that people people will say their car is quicker when actual logging proved it wasn't so I'd need actual evidence for those sorts of claims, not a few guys saying wow it feels fast.

Mr R36
11-04-2015, 08:20 PM
True. My thoughts exactly. I probed further about the product and didn't get any response past what is already in the thread.

Had a chat to Steve at Active Motorwerks who does the Revo tuning. Even stage 2 he was cautious about saying i would get 15-20kw atw.

I can't imagine APR or Evolve will offer much more so maybe DSG tuning is the way to go to begin with.