PDA

View Full Version : R36 - remove front grill

dannyjak
16-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Hi guys

Having some trouble removing the front silver grill on the R36.

I know there are screws at the top, around 6 or 8 of them that need to be removed, and 2 screws on either side of the licence plate.

After removing these though, and trying to pull the front grill outwards, it doesnt seem to budge much.

I am scared of using too much force and then snapping something.

Is there some trick to it?

Thanks

revhead1016
16-03-2015, 08:16 PM
As far as I know. There 2 screws on the lower grill..two on top, two near the plate and two at the lower grill. @dannyjak

revhead1016
16-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Why are you talking it off. Are you selling the grill?

snerlo
16-03-2015, 11:10 PM
The screws you describe dannyjak are the ones that I took off. Just work from the top down. It might also depend on how your number plate is installed too. Don't pull out too far though because you have to unclip the two parking sensors from the grill as well. They just slide backwards. It will be self explanatory when you see it. I did have to give it a little bit of force initially when I pulled mine off to install the DRL's.

dannyjak
17-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks Snerlo, I did work from top down, got them all off.

The top has a bit of movement, but as i start pulling from the middle outwards, it moves a little but doesnt look like it will pop off.

Im worried the more I pull, I will just snap it, or the clips.

Are there clips holding it in? or should it just slide out without any unclipping?

snerlo
18-03-2015, 09:19 PM
There's clips all the way around on mine but as the top came away, it became easier. If you have interior removal tools they become handy too

dannyjak
19-03-2015, 08:36 AM
So start from the top and try and pry the clips out down the sides?

snerlo
19-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Yeah mate. I usd the tool down approximately half one side but didn't need the tool for the otherside. Like i said, just be careful of the parking sensor wire length because mine was rediculously short. Just take it nice and slowly and you should be all good.

xR360
16-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Hi snerlo, thanks for the info on the grill and sensors, I'm curious on how the unclip the sensors as the wire is super short as you noted above. Ive managed to get all the grill clips off the car all bar the sensors which they isn't much room at all to see how to get it off... how is the best way?
Cheers guys

snerlo
16-08-2015, 01:41 PM
The whole sensor unit is held in by the two pieces on each side. You just have to separate the two side pieces a little so that you can slide the sensor back