PDA

View Full Version : Jetta opinions

filthyimmigrant
05-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Hello Jetta Crew,

What are your thoughts on the newest jettas?
All different types of models and engine types, I'd love to hear all your opinions.

Debating on buying one, either that or a polo GTI.

Thanks

tigger73
05-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Just remember the "new" Jetta is still based on the Mk6 Golf. I'd wait on buying one of these for the Mk7 version as the interior is starting to date. Hopefully they lose the twin charger engine in the model change which I don't think is due until next year.

So between the 2, I'd be getting the new 1.8T Polo GTI. This sounds like a great little package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filthyimmigrant
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Just remember the "new" Jetta is still based on the Mk6 Golf. I'd wait on buying one of these for the Mk7 version as the interior is starting to date. Hopefully they lose the twin charger engine in the model change which I don't think is due until next year.

So between the 2, I'd be getting the new 1.8T Polo GTI. This sounds like a great little package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply.
Yeah the Polo Gti seems to be growing on me more and more ... it might be the way to go. Can't really find anything 'brand new or close to' $30k that attracts me other than that.

anthony
09-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I must say,the Jetta is a LOT of car for the money,and is 2 classes above the Polo.

If you need massive boot space and a roomy interior,there is no comparison between the 2.

To me,the Jetta is a clear winner.

Umai Naa!!
09-03-2015, 06:00 PM
New Jetta is the precursor to the MK7. Much closer in architecture than the MK6. I think they're a great car for the price, but its not hard to see where they saved all the money on them compared to the previous model.

Nafe75
11-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Oops, wrong forum :)

LMF
04-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm interested in the 155TSI Highline Sport ... may get it next year.

maxrob200
24-04-2015, 10:10 AM
My 2007 Jetta tdi 6MT has been a terrific car. Comfortable and economical. Huge boot! Looked at the new Jetta but didn't like the twin charged engines and the tdi was quite a bit more than my budget will allow currently. Seriously considering the new Polo Gti but boot is tiny so I will need to fold down the seats when I am carrying my usual work stuff