PDA

View Full Version : R36 - slight rattle when air conditioning is on

dannyjak
03-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Hi all

Noticed a slight rattle when the air conditioning is running. As soon as I turn it off, sound is gone

Its quite faint but you can hear a rattle, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Umai Naa!!
03-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Blend flap adjusting to maintain the cabin temperature you've set.

Nothing to be concerned about. They all do it.

dannyjak
04-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Hi

What do you mean blend flap adjusting to maintain the cabin temp?

It almost sounds like there is a really small person ringing a small bell inside the vent haha

Mr R36
07-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Me too. Except mine is like a little person doing morse code

dannyjak
07-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Glad im not the only one, could it be a belt noise?

Mr R36
07-04-2015, 01:01 PM
No because the engine doesn't use belts, it uses chains. not sure if it could be chains I'm not the best equipped at answering

vdubbed12
29-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Me too. Except mine is like a little person doing morse code

Hi, I’ve just posted a thread in MK2 Tiguan section and came across your description of noise on Google. Your description is spot on. Have you found out what was causing it? I came across a few more in UK MK1 Tiguan forum as well as VWVortex forum back in 2011 and 2013.

It’s similar to the bleeping sound you get after ignition is off and you open the door - when you also hear a buzz as well. This bleeping sound is in inconsistent frequencies like Morse Code and it happens at low speed with foot on and off and then gradually coming to a full stop it just disappears.

Maybe it’s just one of those VW technologies that’s been there for a while. I’m going to drive my MK6 GTI and see if it does it too although not as quiet as the Allspace.