PDA

View Full Version : Sydney VW mechanic recomendations

Grinderman
28-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Hi All, my daughter has moved to sydney recently and before she went down I had her Up! serviced at our dealership in toowoomba. A small crack was detected in the engine sump and it was suggested to have it replaced sooner rather than later.
Can anyone recommend a mechanic that can supply and fit a new sump to her 2013 up! ?
The dealership wanted $ 300 MORE than our quality dealership alternative, so we are hoping there is a service center around Sydney that might save her some dollars over a dealership.
Thanks in advance, Greg.

brenno
28-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Sydney is a big place! Perhaps a location would assist with recommendations.

I've never heard a bad thing about VW Village in Kensington. I think I'll be taking my car there after the first service.

Euro Car Full Service Mechanic in SydneyVW Village (http://www.vwvillage.com.au)

Grinderman
28-02-2015, 12:52 PM
She works on the south side and lives on the north side so travel wont be an issue. Thanks brenno I have sent VW Village an email.

kamold
28-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Depending how far north she is, European Autotech at Mona Vale is highly recommended.

brad
01-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Sydney is approximately 100km N-S & 70km E-W. What do you specifically mean by North Side & South Side? On the North Side there's a significant difference between North Sydney & Hornsby (and both areas will say they "live on the North Side").

Vexed
03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
You can try VW Repairers in Artarmon... Vince and Paul running a family business, very honest and extremely reliable... They know their VWs very well.
Sent from my Windows Phone

Tobes_WIR35
03-03-2015, 06:07 PM
This may seem daft but why isn't it covered by warranty? Or is the crack a result of hitting something?

lunchbox
16-03-2015, 08:37 AM
If she doesn't mind a bit of a drive, Camden GTI are my go-to guys. Fantastic work and they only do watercooled VW, Audi, Skoda.

Grinderman
14-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes Tobes, she ran over something on a backroad at night a fair while ago and they fixed the undercar damage but they might have missed the sump , thats my guess anyway. Proving that the sump was damaged back then would be difficult. VW Village gave me a good price so she will be heading there soon. Thanks everyone for their recommendations

k3nnis
17-07-2015, 01:51 PM
So how did VW Village work out for you? I have heard mixed reviews....
Want to service my MK4 2.0L Auto

zoolander
18-07-2015, 08:37 AM
I would be interested to know the price to replace the sump. Apparently some sumps are very expensive. I stopped going to VW Village. But maybe I just got unlucky with an apprentice or something.

PeteC
27-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi, Is there any recent feedback about VW Village? I am thinking to bring my car there for the first time for service.