PDA

View Full Version : MY13 CC - Single or dual rear fog lights?

Eaglen00b
18-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Hi All,

Just happened to be checking all my lights tonight and noticed that there's only one rear fog light. I can't recall whether there were ever two (one in each tail light cluster) or was there ever only one.

I've tried searching online for pics of the rear tail light clusters all lit up, but have had no luck finding pictures which also have the rear fog light (or lights as the case may be) turned on. :google:

The owner's manual is about as useful as t*ts on a bull in this respect. :facepalm:

Searched this forum and others, but have had no luck for the past hour or so. :bangheadwall:

So, here I am, asking to inconvenience a fellow CC owner to have a look at his/her CC's tail lights with the rear fogs turned on to confirm if there is only one fog lamp in the tail light cluster on the drivers side, or are there fog lamps in both tail light clusters? :eek3hope2:

I've attached a pic to help illustrate my query (Click to enlarge).

Thanks!! :)

PS. Not sure if the car is smart enough to let me know there is a fault with the rear fog lamp (or lamps as the case may be). There are no error messages on the MFD, nor have any fault lights appeared in the instrument panel area.

Vexed
18-02-2015, 01:22 PM
From memory my 2010 CC has only one rear fog light...
Sent from my Windows Phone

brad
18-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Should only be one on the RHS for LHD vehicles or LHS for RHD vehicles

Eaglen00b
18-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Should only be one on the RHS for LHD vehicles or LHS for RHD vehicles

Did you mean there's one on the RHS for RHD vehicles......? :confused:

Mine's a RHD, and as you can see in the pic, the rear fog lamp is in the tail light cluster on the RHS of the vehicle.

Hillbilly
18-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Yes even the Jap cars only have one The opposite side has the reverse light in it.
Just dont drive around with it on at night because it looks like you have the brakes on and its a pain in the proverbial.

They also used to be used when parked at night in Europe apparently.

brad
18-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Did you mean there's one on the RHS for RHD vehicles......? :confused:

Mine's a RHD, and as you can see in the pic, the rear fog lamp is in the tail light cluster on the RHS of the vehicle.

Yes, that as well. Sorry, mind not working right. RHD=RH light; LHD=LH light

brad
18-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Yes even the Jap cars only have one The opposite side has the reverse light in it.
Just dont drive around with it on at night because it looks like you have the brakes on and its a pain in the proverbial.

They also used to be used when parked at night in Europe apparently.

No, they use the 6w parker light for that (blinker stalk activated).

They sometimes leave them on all night so the 20w fog would kill the battery a bit quicker

Eaglen00b
18-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks brad, Hillbilly & Vexed for the very helpful responses. Most appreciated!

Eaglen00b
19-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Thread closed. Query answered.