PDA

View Full Version : Dyno results from my 07 tdi sportline

Mister_duck
20-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Some of you guys might be interested,on the weekend, I put my Tdi with the Revo reflash on the dyno, I was quite happy with the results, I don't have a scanner so i can't put up the graph, I managed 119.5kw atw and 337.5 n.m.
There was a stock standard 2.0 tdi jetta and that manged 90kw atw

ScienceVR6
20-11-2007, 08:14 PM
for those of us not familier with the diesels, could you fill us in on what you have had done?

Impressive numbers by the way!

gldgti
20-11-2007, 08:39 PM
a chip upgrade - thats what it sounds like to me...

ScienceVR6
20-11-2007, 08:46 PM
haha, yeah, now i see it, where it says with the Revo reflash
that would boot along i recon.

95vr6
20-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Who did the Revo flash for you?

Mister_duck
21-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Vw Village at kensigton? are one of the Revo dealers, there is also one in parramatta and another place opening up

Spoddy
07-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Vw Village at kensigton? are one of the Revo dealers, there is also one in parramatta and another place opening up

Hey Mister_duck,

How much was the reflash and what was their take on warranty issues?

broady69
08-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I've had the REVO done to my Polo TDI and was really impressed by the results.

The best thing about the REVO though, is the fact that it's just a software reflash through VAG-COM and no installation is necessary and no parts are fitted to the vehicle. This means the dealers have absolutely no way of seeing a chip installed, yet are baffled to find the power so high. One dealer told me that he he would need a hexidecimal decoder something to find that the system had been altered.

The only tell-tale sign of REVO installation is an electronics fault on VAG-COM but after about 50km of driving the fault code goes away on it's own.

You can also purchase one of these:

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/images/spsheader.jpg

It's a switch to turn the REVO on and off at your discretion but you have to pay extra for the unit.

More info from here: http://www.revotechnik.com

Enjoy the OOODLES of torque Mister_Duck

Transporter
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
broady69 -
wrote
The only tell-tale sign of REVO installation is an electronics fault on VAG-COM but after about 50km of driving the fault code goes away on it's own.
----------------------------
Hi mate
Vag-com in advance feature screen will show up: PROGRAMMING ATTEMPTS - and how many.
So, dealer will not tell you that they found anything, because they don't need to, when you came for service. But could certainly use it against you to void the warranty should there be any engine failure related to increased power output from engine.:)

fuzion
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Some of you guys might be interested,on the weekend, I put my Tdi with the Revo reflash on the dyno, I was quite happy with the results, I don't have a scanner so i can't put up the graph, I managed 119.5kw atw and 337.5 n.m.
There was a stock standard 2.0 tdi jetta and that manged 90kw atw

ill sort the video out for you tonite so ppl can see your diesel beast :)

dimsim
10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I have an 06 2L tdi 6man. and had silverwater automotive service put a flash in from DNA motorsport in the UK. On a 16degc day I got 120.6 kw and 334Nm at the wheels. With stock tyres 1st gear useless,2nd gear spins wheels at 2000rpm,3rd if the road is not flat and smooth also lights up tyres. 0-100 in 7.5-7-2 consistantly. Latest mod is 17in rims with 225 tyres. 1st still useless, 2nd hard acceleration,3rd flying. 0-100 now 7.0 but could do better if only I had traction off the line. DNA told me the flash is detunned to Aust. cond. at @370-380Nm, by the look of your results revo are doing the same(the bastards!)

gldgti
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
still impressive numbers! now put a big 3" exhaust on it all the way back and it'll really be flying!

Buller_Scott
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=broady69;106113]I've had the REVO done to my Polo TDI and was really impressed by the results.

The best thing about the REVO though, is the fact that it's just a software reflash through VAG-COM ....The only tell-tale sign of REVO installation is an electronics fault on VAG-COM but after about 50km of driving the fault code goes away on it's own.

You can also purchase one of these:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/spsheader-1.jpg

It's a switch to turn the REVO on and off at your discretion but you have to pay extra for the unit.

^^^^ this is very interesting. pardon my ignorance and lack of education in this regard, but i have no real experience of these things, which is why i will indulge myself and ask one GAGILLION questions:

ive been looking to get an oettinger chip- is revo the same thing, a new map uploaded into the ecu, increasing performance (kw and nm) whilst safely working within the capabilities of the engine?

if so, what made you go for revo over oettinger (as far as i know these are two of the main ecu-reflash products out there)? as far as i understand, revo has a few more kw and a few less nm, but do you find your pug Tdi much more responsive than before?

if you dont mind me asking- how much was the reflash? from what i could see, it could be significantly less than oettinger, which would be motivation for me to tip towards revo, but essentially mr broady69, im keen to know your experience/ comparisons of your polo tdi from before-after, how the car feels and if you've had any issues, and also if you waited for your 15,000 or 30,000 service before you got it chipped.

any feedback would be sweet (sweet as in "dude, that's friggin' sweeeet!" rather than "i like you because you are so sweet to me").

cheers.