PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Superb - 17/2/15

team_v
10-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Debut on 17 February in Prague.
The full details will be made public at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

All-New Skoda Superb Confirmed for February 17 Debut in Prague (http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/all-new-skoda-superb-confirmed-for.html)

woofy
16-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Have been seeing it pop up on the Skoda Oz facebook page a lot. Makes the Octavia look a bit underwhelming in styling.

SloAu
17-02-2015, 09:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mflh89dJLr4

team_v
18-02-2015, 09:24 AM
And the Geneva debut can be found here:
Skoda's All-New Superb Officially Breaks Cover (http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/skodas-all-new-superb-officially-breaks.html)

Very sharp looking car, all the previous superb's have been a bit soft on styling but this one blows the other models out of the water.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/02/2015SkodaSuperb2-1.jpg

woofy
18-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I like and prefer the new Skoda styling, but not the grille. It just doesn't sit right with me and looks added on to each new model.

99Reza
18-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I like and prefer the new Skoda styling, but not the grille. It just doesn't sit right with me and looks added on to each new model.

I agree with you, they need to somehow make it look more three dimensional and fluid. The crease below the headlight is fantastic IMO. Loving the overall design.

team_v
18-02-2015, 11:34 AM

I give it 2 months before superskodahas the hexagon style grill in stock and people start ordering it as a replacement.
Would match the lower grill cover as well.

donweather
18-02-2015, 01:42 PM
TSI 206kW and AWD, yes please!!!

Just a shame no manual in this spec!!!!:facepalm::mad::(

PassatB6
18-02-2015, 03:03 PM
I posted pics of the new Superb back in Dec14. see thread.http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f150/2015-skoda-superb-102202.html

Looks like the same car to me.

http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/0/12//img_8898.jpg?itok=TRari8Zr

2009fsi
23-02-2015, 03:29 PM
TSI 206kW and AWD, yes please!!!

Just a shame no manual in this spec!!!!(

Always a shame not to have a manual option for open road Australia. It always strikes me as weird, to see high percentages of manual cars all over the world especially in Asia, yet a country like Australia with such long open roads, is foisted with compulsory automatic transmissions & front wheel drive only by most manufacturers. The choices of transmission & drive configuration are no longer choices for buyers, with most manufacturers opting for the cheapest configuration for them.

I like the look of the 206kW TSI turbo 4, but I will not buy one since Skoda in its wisdom are only offering a FWD sedan. I bought my current Superb V6 because it was AWD & truly superb to drive, especially in the wet. If Skoda offered an AWD Superb, I would buy one. They've chosen to make half a car, so I'll stick with what I've got, then look for a different sedan. Without the AWD drive, there will be no reason for a big framed man like me, to justify sitting in Skoda's narrow seats & uncomfortably compromised foot pedal position, in RHD configuration anymore.

I saw a write up on Fairfax online about the new Superb today. It was the usual load of crap focussed on trendite 'features' for non drivers. The critical issues of how the car drives, steers, handles & stops are all too often subservient to how it looks or which latest fad can be connected in the back to irritate the bejesus out of the driver needing to concentrate on driving the car. Skoda appears to have joined the ranks designing sedans for passengers, rather than drivers, at least as far as the Superb sedan is concerned. Perhaps someone from Skoda might like to tell us why there is no AWD sedan option now. I won't ever buy a wagon.

notflyingscot
23-02-2015, 06:47 PM
My initial guess would be that there is not sufficient enough demand for such a model with its associated cost premium.
And I fully agree with you about distracting technology which does little to assist save driving.

dArK5HaD0w
23-02-2015, 08:18 PM
I like the look of the 206kW TSI turbo 4, but I will not buy one since Skoda in its wisdom are only offering a FWD sedan.
Perhaps someone from Skoda might like to tell us why there is no AWD sedan option now. I won't ever buy a wagon.

i don't know which articles u've been reading, but the ones i've read state that the 2.0L 206kW TSI will be an AWD version.
it will b replacing the once offered 3.6L 190kW TSI AWD.
all other variants will be FWD only.

whether vw aus allows australians buyers their hands on one.....well, that we have to wait and see.

2009fsi
23-02-2015, 11:12 PM
i don't know which articles u've been reading, but the ones i've read state that the 2.0L 206kW TSI will be an AWD version.
it will b replacing the once offered 3.6L 190kW TSI AWD.
all other variants will be FWD only.

whether vw aus allows australians buyers their hands on one.....well, that we have to wait and see.

Yes DS, a case of wait & see. My information was Skoda Aust will only be offering AWD in its outdoor Wagon. None in the sedan. I hope that is wrong. As stated, I would be happy to have the 2.0L 206kW TSI, but only if it is available with AWD. Given it is the same platform, it is hard to understand why there wouldn't be an AWD sedan. I got the information on a link sent to me. I regret I deleted it when it showed no AWD in sedan models. I'll ask for it to be resent.

dArK5HaD0w
24-02-2015, 06:16 PM
All good.
I'm certainly hoping that vw aus show us mercy and bring the 206kW AWD in sedan/hatch form as I'd b keen on replacing my current rs with one of these babies.

donweather
25-02-2015, 01:01 PM
All good.
I'm certainly hoping that vw aus show us mercy and bring the 206kW AWD in sedan/hatch form as I'd b keen on replacing my current rs with one of these babies.
I'm hearing ya!!!:banana:

bobski
26-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Even a 170kwish diesel would be nice :)

Mi16 Man
03-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Live;

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/03/cec166485f42337de90ad3448e9dfe0b-2.jpg

MY13 Kluger KX-S AWD / MY09 308 XSE HDi SW

donweather
04-03-2015, 12:46 PM
YES PLEASE!!! on both fronts!!!:banana:

2009fsi
10-03-2015, 03:00 PM
This is the price & options in the link which I referred to earlier DS. It was sent to me by someone wanting me to buy a new Superb.
The pdf brochure containing this is buried on Skoda Aust's website. Note there is no 4x4 offered in the sedan.

http://s23.postimg.org/72x8ezc63/2015_Superb_option_pricing1.jpg

It appears Skoda Aust has already stopped offering 4x4 sedans.

dArK5HaD0w
10-03-2015, 08:21 PM
This is the price & options in the link which I referred to earlier DS. It was sent to me by someone wanting me to buy a new Superb.
The pdf brochure containing this is buried on Skoda Aust's website. Note there is no 4x4 offered in the sedan.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/03/2015_Superb_option_pricing1-1.jpg

It appears Skoda Aust has already stopped offering 4x4 sedans.

i realise the awd sedan is no longer offered in the current range, but that has been so for while, just like how the v6 awd also disappeared. i don't believe the v6 awd version was ever offered in sedan form ever either!

The pricing and specs of the just revealed Superb is still not known, which is most likely to land on our shores here as MY16, or even MY17 models, depending on how quickly VW Aus pulls their finger.

this is from the Skoda Aus website (which is far from buried) for the current range.......

sedan (http://www.skoda.com.au/models/skoda-superb/superb-pricing)
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/03/MY1520Superb20Sedan20Pricing_zpsvkudixga-1.jpg

wagon (http://www.skoda.com.au/models/skoda-superb-wagon/superb-pricing)
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/03/MY1520Superb20Wagon20Pricing_zpsajfn2fa9-1.jpg

2009fsi
11-03-2015, 11:57 AM
i realise the awd sedan is no longer offered in the current range, but that has been so for while, just like how the v6 awd also disappeared. i don't believe the v6 awd version was ever offered in sedan form ever either!

That's funny DS. I'm driving one. 3.6V6 DSG6 4x4 Sedan. 2010 model Elegance. :facepalm:

It reminds me of the mechanic at a country garage I got to do oil changes & check for me while travelling. After having it up on the hoist for 30 minutes, looking all over underneath, he asked me, "Why do they put 4x4 on the back?" "These things are front wheel drive." Apparently he hadn't noticed the bloody great Haldex unit in the rear. "Oh, I didn't see it before", getting up off his gut after taking another look. Let's just say, there's a garage in Moree I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

dArK5HaD0w
11-03-2015, 06:19 PM
That's funny DS. I'm driving one. 3.6V6 DSG6 4x4 Sedan. 2010 model Elegance. :facepalm:

It reminds me of the mechanic at a country garage I got to do oil changes & check for me while travelling. After having it up on the hoist for 30 minutes, looking all over underneath, he asked me, "Why do they put 4x4 on the back?" "These things are front wheel drive." Apparently he hadn't noticed the bloody great Haldex unit in the rear. "Oh, I didn't see it before", getting up off his gut after taking another look. Let's just say, there's a garage in Moree I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

my apologies - I've got my facts wrong....again.
Urs would certainly b a rare example in this country.
Here's hoping they offer the next gen superb in awd version in sedan form with the cracker engine.

donweather
08-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Anyone found any more images/info on the new superb wagon. I've seen some images but most of the good looking images are "artists impressions". Saw some pics of test driving the new superb wagon with the usual tape bits on to try and disguise it. Have to say those pics didn't impress me at all compared to the artists impression pics.

skodian
08-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Detailed drive and presentation of the sedan with GTI engine
All-new Skoda Superb L&K 2.0 TSI 2016 FULL REVIEW test driven + trim levels & colours - YouTube (http://youtu.be/6S2dLXVBsfg)

skodian
08-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Tossing up between Passat 176kw bi turbo new TDI engine (0-100 in 6.x secs) & Superb in 5.8sec with Golf R engine

Current A4 Avant with 2.0Tsi Quattro does 6.5sec I think the new model should be in sub 6 secs which makes the superb very good value

donweather
08-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Detailed drive and presentation of the sedan with GTI engine
All-new Skoda Superb L&K 2.0 TSI 2016 FULL REVIEW test driven + trim levels & colours - YouTube (http://youtu.be/6S2dLXVBsfg)
Wow now that's one impressively detailed review.

How big is the boot even in the sedan.

206kW and AWD and I'm lining up. Would kill for a manual but.

dArK5HaD0w
08-05-2015, 09:29 PM
206kW and AWD and I'm lining up.

i'll join u in the line up :)

Andres
14-07-2015, 07:55 AM
206kW and AWD and I'm lining up. Would kill for a manual but.

Wish they sold with the 6sp manual. I'm really not convinced on DSGs after hiring a couple of Jettas and now driving a Rapid loan car. I find it quite difficult to drive it as smoothly as a manual or traditional auto.

tigger73
11-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Well here's the engine line-up for the gen3 Aus spec Superb:

132TSI 1.8l petrol - 132kW / 320Nm
140TDI 2.0 diesel - 140kW/400Nm
162TSI 2.0 petrol - 162kW / 350Nm
206TSI 2.0 petrol AWD - 206kW / 350Nm

For details on this check the following link: Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/47397_1139638_RVD_03Jul2015143156.cmd)

No guarantees that they will bring in all models, however if the approval is there is makes it a very real possibility.

brenno
11-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Good work.

No manuals :(

bobski
12-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Some very tasty offerings!

The 132/320 upgrade plus nearly 100Kg weight saving will make the ambition model very good value at the current price point. But it'll surely get a price bump to near $40k.

dArK5HaD0w
12-08-2015, 01:01 PM
any idea when they're gonna open the order books?

tigger73
12-08-2015, 01:33 PM
It probably depends on the stock levels of the current model Superb. It looks like all the paperwork is in order for them to bring cars in and fit compliance plates. My guess is that it will be October/November as they may want to keep it a little apart from the B8 Passat launch in September. But this is just a guess.

donweather
12-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Good work.

No manuals :(

No manuals is pretty close to a deal breaker for me.

brenno
12-08-2015, 09:06 PM
I don't know why the message doesn't get through to the folk marketing these things. They probably faff around for years trying to work out why people don't buy Superbs and then they go and do something like this. Bizarre.

tigger73
12-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Yes I'm not quite sure why they have 2 performance models in the range. You would have thought that they would have chosen to bring in either the 162kw or the 206kW AWD but not both!

tigger73
14-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Well according to July Wheels mag the Superb is only due here in March next year....

2009fsi
17-08-2015, 11:59 AM
I wonder what they are waiting so long for, Tigger73? The model has had great reviews out of Europe, but others are bringing out new models all the time too. Methinks VAG is silly letting the hype of initial release of the Superb wane. Write ups I saw compared it to the S series Merc. I'll bet that will have died by March next year.

One would hope & frankly expect, if they are delaying until March 2016, the vehicles will be 2016 plated, not prematurely aged & devalued by a year, before they are even sold new. Maybe they're buggerising around waiting for the exchange rate to worsen. VWG should be well & truly hedged against that & able to offer stable pricing. If not, they can whistle Dixie.

I really don't understand Skoda/VAG's marketing. They have a good product, but unless you own one, they're virtually invisible. I can't remember Skoda Australia really promoting Superb, since they were first released in 2009/2010. I know several people who have ridden in the back of mine & been very impressed, but when they went to a dealer in western Sydney, couldn't drive one & walked away when the dealer only wanted to sell them Octavias. One gets the feeling VAG/Skoda is a bit like a corner shop who are still trying to clear out of date stock off their shelves, before they'll order anew.

I'm very interested in the 206kW sedan to replace my 2009 V6. Disappointed again a manufacturer offers no manual option in Australia, especially as there is still significant negativity to DSG in many quarters & eagerly exploited by rivals. If I buy one, I'd want to be able to see & feel what I'm getting & be satisfied with the changeover price.

Wait & see I suppose.

woofy
17-08-2015, 12:27 PM
I would have bought a Superb Wagon to join our RS Octavia in 2011 but didn't want the DSG so no sale there.

dArK5HaD0w
17-08-2015, 05:22 PM
I wonder what they are waiting so long for, Tigger73? The model has had great reviews out of Europe, but others are bringing out new models all the time too. Methinks VAG is silly letting the hype of initial release of the Superb wane. Write ups I saw compared it to the S series Merc. I'll bet that will have died by March next year.

One would hope & frankly expect, if they are delaying until March 2016, the vehicles will be 2016 plated, not prematurely aged & devalued by a year, before they are even sold new. Maybe they're buggerising around waiting for the exchange rate to worsen. VWG should be well & truly hedged against that & able to offer stable pricing. If not, they can whistle Dixie.

I really don't understand Skoda/VAG's marketing. They have a good product, but unless you own one, they're virtually invisible. I can't remember Skoda Australia really promoting Superb, since they were first released in 2009/2010. I know several people who have ridden in the back of mine & been very impressed, but when they went to a dealer in western Sydney, couldn't drive one & walked away when the dealer only wanted to sell them Octavias. One gets the feeling VAG/Skoda is a bit like a corner shop who are still trying to clear out of date stock off their shelves, before they'll order anew.

I'm very interested in the 206kW sedan to replace my 2009 V6. Disappointed again a manufacturer offers no manual option in Australia, especially as there is still significant negativity to DSG in many quarters & eagerly exploited by rivals. If I buy one, I'd want to be able to see & feel what I'm getting & be satisfied with the changeover price.

Wait & see I suppose.

u need to realise VW Aus controls everything to do with Skoda Aus.
in doing so, they r going to what's best to suit their vw stable first, before looking after the skoda stable.

this time round, they don't want to jeopardise the sales of the next gen passat, expected to start in sept this year. this way, buyers in the market for that type of car will buy the passat, instead of waiting till march next year to order a superb.
as u said, by the time march 2016 comes around, everyone would have forgotten about the next gen superb, and they'll be seeing images of the passat.

then, who knows how long after march before the 1st one actually gets handed over to a customer!!!

tigger73
17-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Yes I see a potential conflict with the Passat and Superb. VW is getting itself a 6 month head start. But the Superb at least has a 162kW and 206kW AWD model. The Passat is sadly missing anything in the performance range with a 1.8l 132TSI and a 2.0 140TDI. Nothing to get too excited about unfortunately.

woofy
01-09-2015, 09:53 PM
u need to realise VW Aus controls everything to do with Skoda Aus.
in doing so, they r going to what's best to suit their vw stable first, before looking after the skoda stable.

this time round, they don't want to jeopardise the sales of the next gen passat, expected to start in sept this year. this way, buyers in the market for that type of car will buy the passat, instead of waiting till march next year to order a superb.
as u said, by the time march 2016 comes around, everyone would have forgotten about the next gen superb, and they'll be seeing images of the passat.

then, who knows how long after march before the 1st one actually gets handed over to a customer!!!

Dealers have recently began to say that VWAs focus is now on growing Audi and Skoda as VW has pretty much reached it's peak where Audi is growing quite fast and Skoda has a lot of potential. So I think you will find the Superb/Passat time difference will be more driven by demand overseas and not so much local interests. Will see how it all pans out. Most people think the new Superb will be pushed up a lot in price.

notflyingscot
02-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Just back from UK. Think the new Superb was going on sale from Sep 1 if I was reading the advertising correctly. Some of the lower spec models looked to be nicely priced in offering a lot of car for the money.
Couldn't help but notice Octavia Mk3 wagons everywhere over there. Tried to rent Octavia a couple of times but kept getting told "we're giving you a higher level model sir" so never did get my Octi 3 drive this time.

tigger73
28-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Well I was just on the Skoda Aus website and the Superb is nowhere to be seen.... They must have taken it down ready for launch of the new model.

donweather
11-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Sold!!!

2015 Frankfurt Motor Show LIVE: 2016 Skoda Superb Combi Sportline (http://www.inautonews.com/2015-frankfurt-motor-show-live-2016-skoda-superb-combi-sportline)

If it ever came to Aus!!!

dinot81
11-01-2016, 03:31 PM
I think I read is at dealers from March. There was a newspaper article about all new cars for 2016 and they mentioned the Superb

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

donweather
11-01-2016, 09:47 PM
I think I read is at dealers from March. There was a newspaper article about all new cars for 2016 and they mentioned the Superb
I was specifically referring to the sport line edition.

MJKooLio
17-01-2016, 01:30 PM
I'd rather go for the L&K Superb... with sport seats :D

Ozsko
20-01-2016, 05:19 PM
The new Superbs came into the country a few weeks ago. I just can't see how VW can put it up as being better than the Passat by price. It was always meant to be a poor man's Passat but that plan might change.

MJKooLio
01-02-2016, 02:52 AM
Photos

Ozsko
01-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Photos

No photos??? Photos of the Ozzie cars?

Specs and priceing would be nice.

tigger73
01-02-2016, 07:38 PM
You'll have to look online for photos - plenty available for overseas models.

No info on the Skoda Aus site, however a couple of other places are quoting Q1 and April as possible launch dates. You won't find any spec/pricing info until the car is officially launched here.

MJKooLio
01-02-2016, 09:01 PM
No, prove that there are the new Skoda Superbs with photos. If you tell us show us!

brenno
01-02-2016, 09:25 PM
A mate saw one in Sydney recently. What is there not to believe?

tigger73
01-02-2016, 09:37 PM
There's often a few of the new models running around Sydney head office in the month or so up until the release. They're used for dealer training amongst other things.

brenno
01-02-2016, 09:57 PM
I can count around 70 of them in the country arriving since early December.

cellrsx
02-02-2016, 11:22 AM
No photos??? Photos of the Ozzie cars?

Specs and priceing would be nice.

All I've heard is the following variants have been certified for Australia:

- 132 TSi (FWD, 7-speed DSG)
- 140 TDi (FWD, 6-speed DSG)
- 162 TSi (FWD, 6-speed DSG)
- 206 TSi (AWD, 6-speed DSG)

tigger73
02-02-2016, 06:47 PM

Correct. You can see the certification here which includes all the mechanical specs here: Skoda Superb Sedan - Road Vehicle Descriptor (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/47397_1162803_RVD_23Dec2015143043.cmd)

MJKooLio
02-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Any one care to post pics of the new VisionS? :D :D :D

MJKooLio
02-02-2016, 08:06 PM

mmmm....... LR Discovery Sport Size... but bigger.

dArK5HaD0w
02-02-2016, 08:46 PM

woohoo....so does that mean the awd 206tsi will definitely be offered here in oz, once launched?

tigger73
02-02-2016, 09:20 PM
woohoo....so does that mean the awd 206tsi will definitely be offered here in oz, once launched?

It means that it definitely has a far greater chance of coming here than if it was missing off the list.

I still think that 4 engines is 1 too many in the model line-up. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped either the 162 or 206 AWD.

...but then again this is Skoda so they're more likely just do something strange.

2009fsi
08-02-2016, 12:32 PM
I still think that 4 engines is 1 too many in the model line-up. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped either the 162 or 206 AWD.

Well tigger, if they drop the 206 AWD in sedan version, this is one potential buyer they can kiss goodbye. I'm not interested at all in a FWD version or Wagon.

2009fsi
20-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Skoda Australia email offers 'a chance to register' for the new Superb. Registering allows you to see rotate, change colour (all dreary shades of grey about the same colours as the road surface, or white), 2 wheels & the opportunity to see it in the dark. All things we saw long ago on other websites.

It doesn't show interior colours, but the colours on offer couldn't possibly go with baby **** brown or unserviceable white, seen in Europe.

My first reaction, big deal Skoda. Now tell us something useful. Tell us the PRICE, of the variants you are offering in Australia, for starters. Forget the marketing bull****, give us some facts.

What am I looking at to exchange a showroom condition Elegance V6 with 40k on the clock, for a top of the line L&K AWD sedan? That's the only thing I want to know.

woofy
20-02-2016, 11:31 PM
we know what variants we are getting, just check back further in this thread. But L & Ks don't come here and from memory only the UK get them. And AWD sedan, yes for sure, I'm betting cheaper than the previous model.

tigger73
21-02-2016, 06:45 AM
What has been listed previously is only what Skoda has put through vehicle certification. It's not a guarantee that the model will be available at launch but if it hadn't been certified then it's a guaranteed non-starter. It still could be that the marketing guys were hedging their bets/hadn't completely made up their minds which models to bring in and put one more in the mix.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The Octavia has a heap of variants in the line-up when you take into consideration the combinations of wagon/sedan/Ambition/Ambition Plus/Style/Scout/RS/DSG/manual/diesel/petrol in all the colours. It would make stock holding quite interesting.

If they truly want the Superb to be the "top of the range" in the Skoda line-up then they have to run the 206kW AWD. The 162TSI in the Superb will just be a bigger/heavier RS.

2009fsi
12-03-2016, 10:11 PM
All quiet on the Australian front. One email from Skoda, raising interest in the release of 2016 Superb this month, followed by.....nothing. I really expected Skoda/VAG would follow through with something more, after firing the gun. Skoda still don't even show Superb among their options on Skoda Australia's site. They may have had certain models certified here but there is no evidence of selling anything, so far.

I came up the Hume from Goulburn to Sydney today & passed a really nicely presented 125Esi white Superb. Looked in showroom condition & stood out among the other cars on the road. The first time I've seen another Superb on the road in nearly 3 years. If the driver happens to be reading, yes, I was that dirty filthy, bug & mud splattered silver V6 returning from less salubrious tracks in the bush.
My Superb still a novelty in many of the little country towns of relatives. They've never seen one & always impressed by the car. There is a market for roomy Superbs in the bush, particularly AWD models. If Skoda offered them.

Any one got news on the elusive '2016' Superb?

aware
13-03-2016, 07:07 PM
According to my dealer - 20th of this month, (next Sunday in that case) they should start to appear. Apparently they haven't had training for it yet either.

tigger73
13-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah I think they have training this coming week with cars in dealerships shortly after.

dArK5HaD0w
13-03-2016, 09:07 PM
any idea when pricings and specifications will be released?

2009fsi
14-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Nah, that's a secret until after you sign the contract.

OilBurna
16-03-2016, 11:44 AM
all the goss is out on CA. Prices, specs and reviews, 3 models 162tsi, 140TDi and 206TSi as suspected. I want a white wagon with black wheels.

2016 Skoda Superb Review | CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/425428/2016-skoda-superb-review-2/)

2016 Skoda Superb pricing and specifications (http://www.caradvice.com.au/425468/2016-skoda-superb-pricing-and-specifications/)

dArK5HaD0w
16-03-2016, 12:18 PM
all the goss is out on CA. Prices, specs and reviews, 3 models 162tsi, 140TDi and 206TSi as suspected. I want a white wagon with black wheels.

2016 Skoda Superb Review | CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/425428/2016-skoda-superb-review-2/)

2016 Skoda Superb pricing and specifications (http://www.caradvice.com.au/425468/2016-skoda-superb-pricing-and-specifications/)

finally!!
thanks for those CA links :-)

OilBurna
16-03-2016, 12:20 PM
No worries enjoy the read 206tsi wagon looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donweather
16-03-2016, 01:32 PM
For me, the sedan wins the looks over the wagon this time round. I want a sedan 206TSI!!!

No manual but!!!:facepalm:

2009fsi
16-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Yes, a 206TSI AWD is worth considering. I could have done with a cooled seat driving in the heat last Thursday. Aircon going flat out, but heat through the windscreen easily felt from 30cms away. The one thing I would change in my current Superb, if I could , would the positioning & direction of the vents. Frozen fingers, roasting loins. THe old XR8s vents were better for long distance driving in that regard.

My one reservation is the 19" wheels on the new Superb. Great for posing on good paved surfaces. Not suited to back roads in rural Australia where I often go. There is a point where low profile & rubber bands are a step too far for rough roads.

Riker
17-03-2016, 09:25 AM
A very good proposition SkodaAus is offering here. Only thing missing I can note at this point is a 'Sportline' option on the 206Kw.

hardy_bm
17-03-2016, 12:38 PM
My one reservation is the 19" wheels on the new Superb. Great for posing on good paved surfaces. Not suited to back roads in rural Australia where I often go. There is a point where low profile & rubber bands are a step too far for rough roads.

My plan for the wheels was to sell/swap them for the smaller higher profile tyres from the lower range ones. Or wait for the Outdoor which will hopefully have the 206.

MattPS
17-03-2016, 12:45 PM
So back from Skoda HQ training and the car is awesome - the 206 blips on the down changes, and the cooling seats are an excellent feature along with ambient lighting

BTW we won Dealer of the Year

dArK5HaD0w
17-03-2016, 06:53 PM
So back from Skoda HQ training and the car is awesome - the 206 blips on the down changes, and the cooling seats are an excellent feature along with ambient lighting

BTW we won Dealer of the Year

nice :)
any ideas wat sort wait times one can expect?

tigger73
17-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Skoda website is up with the new Superb now too... though the cat is clearly already out of the bag ;)

Sedan
162 TSI $ 42,990*
140 TDI $ 46,990*
206 TSI 4x4 $ 54,290*

Wagon
162 TSI $ 44,690*
140 TDI $ 48,690*
206 TSI 4x4 $ 55,990*

*Skoda Aus Drive-away pricing

MJKooLio
18-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Visited Barbagallo Skoda this afternoon, they have only one Superb to show.. the 4x4 version.

Black exterior, beige interior.

Two negative notes:

Black exterior, WORST color to show off the new car, new shapes, new lines... the headlamps :(

Beige interior, though they've had the car for two days.... worst interior color! Scuff marks already showing!

Now, here I go on the car.

WOW. The interior is identical to the RS Octavia I have but the shapes and design element of the dash are impressive. The centre console, where the air-con dials are, same buttons but newer layout. I like! The dash is very nice.... shame I won't be moving up to a larger Skoda in the near future... unless the new 4WD will have a complete overhaul interior design.. It'll be like going from the RS to another RS... same switches, buttons, dials etc. But in saying that the seats...

The Superb's SEATS!!! So soft, so comfortable, so good. How else can I describe them! You can already see scuff markings on the doors though being the beige color which is a shame.. but even the doors are soft, the rear ones too. I'm actually disappointed - I thought the Superb had ample leg room in the rear... and the boot is massive. The electric struts that open the boot are very nicely quiet, unlike my new RS.

Love the tail lights and what I could see of the headlamps too. Interior roof lighting is of LED style... so colder temp in color... I want them in my RS!

Now to drive one....?

MJKooLio
18-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Oh! The Wheels too, loved them! I want em on my RS

Give me a Superb RS maybe? :D

tinto
18-03-2016, 08:45 PM
That is gorgeous. Love that broad ribbed interior.
What is the nearest competitor of the AWD wagon model?
...I'm struggling to pick one that isn't an SUV, otherwise jacked up or in a wildly different price bracket.

It is a genuinely handsome car.
I really hope they sell well as I'd like to own one in the future and hot have people tell me they're rare... ;)

2009fsi
19-03-2016, 04:12 PM
I rang around Skoda dealers in & around Sydney today, to find out where I could actually see a 2016 Superb. I'm off to a bad start. Rang seven dealers, of which only two bothered to answer their phones. Unfortunately, neither appears to have a new Superb.

Fair dinkum, it is discouraging to find my desire to give a Skoda dealer between $50,000 & $60,000 of my money, is so difficult. I always thought if you are marketing something as big as a car, you'd at least have one in your dealership to show. Instead, one clown tried to convince me I'd be much better off in an Octavia. Surprise, surprise! He just happens to have Octavias in stock. What a mug I must be. I always thought UP selling, not DOWN selling was the tactic.

If any of you Skoda/VAG trolls in here can point me to a dealer interested in selling a 2016 Superb 206 AWD with everything, I'd appreciate the advice.

tigger73
19-03-2016, 09:00 PM
There's a white 206TSI 4x4 wagon listed in Qld on carsales. Comes with comfort pack and tech pack.

No price listed though...

Ozsko
19-03-2016, 10:26 PM
I drove a 162 this arvo and besides washed and ripping out the plastic on the seats it had not been PD'd at all.

Start stop fault showing on the dash

ACC not working with fault on the dash

The worst thing was the suspension. I don't know if it was just that car but the suspension felt like it was crashing through onto the bump stops and if they are all like that Skoda just lost a sale. I am hoping it was a suspension mode/control problem and I will drive it later on this coming week to see if it is any different. Driving down the freeway with no hands on the wheel was a new experience and overall I was quite impressed with all the new toys. It has good acceleration, not as good as my son's mk 7 Golf PP but for a Superb it went well.

The only problem I have is do I want to buy another Superb, they are such a big car and there is at the most and not all that often only two of us in the car. My current Superb diesel is a very nice car but the missus is at me to buy a smaller one and I was intending to buy the Golf PP when son buys an R at the end of this year but the golf is hard to get in and out of as I get older and five years down the track it will be another story altogether.

pologti18t
20-03-2016, 02:08 AM
The worst thing was the suspension. I don't know if it was just that car but the suspension felt like it was crashing through onto the bump stops and if they are all like that Skoda just lost a sale. I am hoping it was a suspension mode/control problem and I will drive it later on this coming week to see if it is any different. Driving down the freeway with no hands on the wheel was a new experience and overall I was quite impressed with all the new toys. It has good acceleration, not as good as my son's mk 7 Golf PP but for a Superb it went well.

Maybe they forgot to remove the transportation spacers/pucks from the front suspension

MattPS
20-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I rang around Skoda dealers in & around Sydney today, to find out where I could actually see a 2016 Superb. I'm off to a bad start. Rang seven dealers, of which only two bothered to answer their phones. Unfortunately, neither appears to have a new Superb.

Fair dinkum, it is discouraging to find my desire to give a Skoda dealer between $50,000 & $60,000 of my money, is so difficult. I always thought if you are marketing something as big as a car, you'd at least have one in your dealership to show. Instead, one clown tried to convince me I'd be much better off in an Octavia. Surprise, surprise! He just happens to have Octavias in stock. What a mug I must be. I always thought UP selling, not DOWN selling was the tactic.

If any of you Skoda/VAG trolls in here can point me to a dealer interested in selling a 2016 Superb 206 AWD with everything, I'd appreciate the advice.

Ok though I'm in Melbourne I can help you out

We have 3 cars to drive one 162 one 140 diesel and 206 sedan

Both 162 & 140 are wagons and all have tech and comfort

Dealers will know wait times this week but stock is good going by how many are at HQ

PM me if you are a genuine about one now

BTW Sportline will be released later in the year with Fabia MC & R230

There is a 230rs at HQ RHD

Those that want a drive in Melbourne PM me we have 3 you can drive if you are keen to secure a car I'll have more information on availability this week and what specs are on cars currently landed

In stock to drive

Silver 162 wagon with tech and image and comfort with sunroof

White diesel as above no roof

Black 206 tech comfort and sunroof

All are registered

Ozsko
20-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Maybe they forgot to remove the transportation spacers/pucks from the front suspension

We checked for that because that is exactly how it felt.

gamcem
20-03-2016, 11:33 AM
BTW Sportline will be released later in the year with Fabia MC & R230

Any expected date for the Sportline? I'm keen now but if the Sportline is on its way I'll wait!

VW will need to update their model line up for the Passat.

MattPS
20-03-2016, 12:01 PM
All we were told was later in the year no specific month

2009fsi
20-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Thank you for responding Matt. I've had the two bigger dealers around Sydney respond to my requests this morning. I'm seeing PW Skoda tomorrow. Hopefully the experience will be better than Ozsko's.

I'm hoping the driver door/ roof line still allows a big bloke like me easy access, without suffering concussion & brain damage every time I enter or exit.

FWI worth, that's what first induced me to investigate Skoda & Superb; seeing a bloke I know well, jumping in & out easily, during the 2010 Tour Down Under. I dumped years of performance Fords & Holdens when I bought the 4x4 V6 & I've never regretted it. (Except at the bowser; the R36 is thirstier than a 5ltr V8, when 'driven'.) This 2016 model looks a major leap forward in technology across so many aspects of the car.

The rake of the windscreen, shorter doors & bat wings on seats in so many modern cars, make entry & exit near impossible for me. It may not seem much, but very important when one is both big, aging & less nimble.

Let's see what happen at Warwick Farm & Parramatta tomorrow.

MattPS
20-03-2016, 08:13 PM
No problem when you get a price give me an opportunity

The new Superb is wider too you will be fine

OilBurna
21-03-2016, 12:43 PM
What dealer are you at Matt?

2009fsi
21-03-2016, 02:08 PM
I went to Peter Warren Skoda this morning. No new Superb to display or drive. No brochures, no pricing info & a salesman who had clearly missed last week's training. He literally knew nothing. When PW Group management & systems have something more & tell him, he'll ring me..............

My wife wanted to go to Parramatta, so then drove to Trivet Skoda. They don't have a car to display or drive either, possibly this afternoon. However the salesman was very well informed, had attended Skoda's training & drive sessions & able to provide me all the data I sought. Trivet has cars, but they aren't yet processed through their system. These big 'we sell everything' auto groups in Sydney are bureaucratic & slow moving monoliths, it seems.

The Trivet salesmen confirmed what you mentioned MattPS, Skoda have many vehicles in-country, but are yet to put them on the database available to dealers. The man at Trivet will chase available options with Skoda by phone. this afternoon. It seems, if you want a black wagon with beige interior, you can probably buy one by Wednesday. No my taste.

What a contrast between commercial entities.

OilBurna
21-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Sounds like the usual **** show you would think that they would get all this sorted before the release

MattPS
21-03-2016, 03:01 PM
I went to Peter Warren Skoda this morning.

To be fair brochures (soft copy) only availablr this morning.

PM me your email address happy to add it to the pile of emails I'm sending to customers

Our demo cars are all PD'd and have around 500 kms on them already

mrmomoz
22-03-2016, 09:08 AM
just drove the 206tsi. amazing, in comfort mode its like riding a cloud..

dArK5HaD0w
22-03-2016, 04:16 PM
To be fair brochures (soft copy) only availablr this morning.

I got the soft brochures last week, 17th mar.
downloaded from the skoda au website.

OilBurna
22-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks to Matt for sending the brochures out looks awesome

2009fsi
22-03-2016, 08:54 PM
I should be able to test a 206 in Sydney tomorrow. I'll be interested to see what tyres are fitted & learn more about the cars technical specs, not yet revealed by Skoda. In particular, the braking system & performance. The brakes on my existing V6 are 'superb', I assume with 19" wheels, the new Skoda must also have similar big discs & callipers or better braking capability.

Reading through the various revues done by our fearless motoring press so far, I find them quite shallow. It appears there has been no serious testing of the limits or measurement of things like braking performance. In fact braking & tyres don't rate a mention in those I've seen. A complete contrast to the 2009/10 write ups of the V6 which suggested the car was 'over-braked'.

One only has to look through this forum to see one of the greatest irritants for Skoda owners has been the level of road & tyre noise entering the cabin. I made the mistake of putting Dunlop SP Sports Maxx on my V6 early on. Great handling tyres, but the degree of resonant noise in the cabin from the back, at 110kms/hr on an expressway was painful & very tiring. In the end, I through way those Dunlops when only 20% warn & replaced them with the softer, more euro chassis friendly Contisports3. They transformed the car & noise disappeared. I note one motoring writer's review of the 206TSi, wrote of noise from the back, but never mentioned what tyres were on the car or offered any comment on whether Skoda has introduced some level of sound deadening for Australian Skodas with the 2016 Superbs. I see a lot of references to peak power & torque figures, but it appears none of the writers looked at torque & power response at cruising speed on variable roads. What happens when the car reaches a long steady climb? What sought of revs is the car doing at cruising speeds? That's what I find missing; the driveability.

Has anyone yet lifted the boot mat & had a look at the wheel well? It has to be big enough to take the emergency spare, but is it big enough to take the depth of a full size spare. Skoda always claimed earlier V6 models had a bike wheel because a full size wheel was 'too high'. That was a lie. It fits perfectly. I'm hoping the same is true of the 2016 Superb. In fact it will be a deal breaker for me if the wheel well is inadequate. This move to 8" rim width is a welcome one & opens access to a far wider range of tyres used by other vehicles. 225.40x18 were virtually unavailable outside major cities, unless it was a town full of Subarus.

It would be great if some of these writers would return to reviewing more of the cars mechanicals from the drivers perspective. iPad mounts on the back of my driver's seat, I need like a hole in the head. Too many reviews spend far too much considering the comfort of passengers. Perhaps they need reminding, drivers usually buy cars & drive them, not passengers.

I've searched the web, but not found any proper technical specification for the new Superb's mechanicals.

Riker
23-03-2016, 01:04 AM
2009fsi, this might be of a bit of assistance. Brake size for the 206tsi is 340mm front, 310mm rear.

Sedan: Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/47397_1169309_RVD_02Mar2016083307.cmd)
Wagon: Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/47397_1169310_RVD_02Mar2016083318.cmd)

MattPS
23-03-2016, 08:16 AM
I should be able to test a 206 in Sydney tomorrow. etc.

Any questions happy to answer - the 2 wagons we have here atm have Pirelli Cinturato P7 tyres and have full size steel wheel spare with Nexen tyres

Sedan is currently out on loan for the day so will confirm on return later today

2009fsi
23-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Thanks very much Riker & MattPS.

I am still yet to see or drive a 2016 Superb; maybe tomorrow ......
Interesting they have changed to a slightly smaller front disc, in a bigger rim. The V6 has 345 & 310. It may be as simple as a change of equipment supplier. An interesting document , Riker.

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 is an interesting choice on the 206 AWD. These 'smart' AWD sedans really do need the softer compounds typical in Europe. A harder compound of different construction primarily developed around perfornance V8s, like the Dunlops mentioned before, have grip characteristics at variance to the software of the cars stability system. ContiSports3 was basically a slick tyre with 5 wide channels around the tyre. That's why it was quieter. It doesn't have the array if small cut blocks easily moved, which can be a source of noise.
Glad to hear there is a full size spare, steel or alloy, Matt.

OilBurna
24-03-2016, 08:21 AM
good review here..

2016 Skoda Superb review (http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/reviews/1603/2016-skoda-superb-review/)

MattPS
24-03-2016, 08:52 AM
OK 206 Sedan we have in stock has a space saver (emergency spare) but you could fit a full size, 162 has full size steel wheel

As for your comments on tyres well I'm not even going to go there for those arguements never end

donweather
24-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Why would the 206 sedan have a space saver and yet the 162 has full spare? Surely the weight difference between them is Sweet FA?

Also, anyone know which DSG is in the 206TSI? And what torque it can handle? I assume it's the same as the Golf Mk 7 R?

tigger73
24-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Why would the 206 sedan have a space saver and yet the 162 has full spare? Surely the weight difference between them is Sweet FA?

It could be due to the AWD cutting into the under-floor space in he boot. That's my guess.

Also, anyone know which DSG is in the 206TSI? And what torque it can handle? I assume it's the same as the Golf Mk 7 R?

All model Superbs run the 6 speed DQ250 (wet clutch) - same as Golf GTI/R.

There was also approval for the 132TSI 1.8l engine, however this never eventuated (or at least not yet). This one was spec'd with the DQ200 7 speed (dry clutch).

2009fsi
25-03-2016, 08:17 PM
OK 206 Sedan we have in stock has a space saver (emergency spare) but you could fit a full size, 162 has full size steel wheel

Thanks again Matt.
That gives me the sh ! ts no end, unfortunately. It adds $1,000 to the price of the car, just to put the right wheel & tyre in the boot, when it ought to be their in the first place.

I still haven't seen or driven one up here in Sydney. Dealers in other parts of Australia are advertising them, with photos on the showroom floor, in Carsales. I rang the two big dealers nearest me yesterday. They gave me that well known Mexican word for false hope. Surely it will come.

hardy_bm
25-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Newcastle has a 206 sedan to test drive as well as some non-206 wagons.

tigger73
26-03-2016, 07:17 AM
That gives me the sh ! ts no end, unfortunately. It adds $1,000 to the price of the car, just to put the right wheel & tyre in the boot, when it ought to be their in the first place.

It'll only be $1000 if you put an OEM alloy with matching tyre in your boot. I'm pretty sure Matt said the 162 had a steel spare which you should be able to pick up for $50 at a wreckers and $200 for a reasonable tyre. Agree that it sounds a bit backwards that the 206TSI gets the space saver but if it's a big deal for you get the dealer to include a full size spare in your sales contract.

MattPS
26-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Thanks again Matt.

I still haven't seen or driven one up here in Sydney. Dealers in other parts of Australia are advertising them, with photos on the showroom floor, in Carsales. I rang the two big dealers nearest me yesterday. They gave me that well known Mexican word for false hope. Surely it will come.

Seriously $1,000.00

When was the last time you used your spare or changed a tyre ?

My own personal cars have a no spare tyre (Run flat B250 W246) and a space saver (SLK 350 R172) the cars have tyre pressure monitoring and if you detect a flat you get it fixed....cant say I have ever had a sidewall collapse over 25 years of driving. I do plenty of country driving and over a lot of crap roads eg Bass Highway to Phillip Island most weekends

Find the wheel offset get a spare wheel from something that has the same off set job done.

As for our current Superbs one customer picked up the demo 206 on Easter Thursday and is bringing it back today

When you (anyone) is/are ready to purchase give me an oppurtunity to do a deal from the No 1 Skoda Dealer in Australia

General News Events - More car companies recognise top dealers | GoAuto (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/723EFC26F96B3C01CA257F800011C373)

OilBurna
26-03-2016, 07:56 AM
The Superb looks pretty good value for money especially vs the Passat

2009fsi
26-03-2016, 03:02 PM
This morning I sat in a Jaguar, a Volvo & a Superb 206 sedan. The Superb suited me better.
The seats larger & more comfortable, but most importantly there is not the same intrusion in to drivers footwell, forcing the pedals to be offset left. The steering wheel smaller but thicker & soft feel. I found it easy to set seats & wheel into several very comfortable driving positions I like for city or country driving. To me, the finish & fit out throughout was excellent. The car looks wider & lower than before can well disguises the fact it is as big as a Falcon. The 19" wheels fitted are not the Supernova rims shown in earlier configurator & in many promo photos. And it appears everything is factory fitted. If you want to change anything, even the different rim, order from the factory until yours arrives. Silly inflexibility. The spare hole can take a full size, but has a billy cart special. This Superb is a completely different car to any older Superb. It is a huge leap in both technology & option included. In my humble opinion, it is as well, if not better equipped than number of higher priced competitors.

I drove a 206 wagon. On the road the performance seems to lose nothing to the R36 engined V6. The brakes are very good, but not as sharp as those on the 3T V6. More pedal travel, softer feel, but stops well without standing everyone on their heads as the 3T V6 brakes can.

I found the 'Normal' mode setting too sloppy in the suspension if you were on a bumpy surface or needing quick change of direction. I didn't try "Comfort" setting. It must surely roll around like a 1960s Yank tank. In the "Sports" setting, I found the car stable & considerably more precise. Powering out of a corner the car sat well & you could feel the bite & traction come in at the back end & feel the stability control activate on unsticking a back wheel under sharp acceleration. I suspect a lot of drivers used to sportier cars or the 3T V6, would find it hard not to be in "Sports" mode most or all of the time. The engine response is crisper than the V6, if you choose the accelerate hard. I had no sense of turbo lag or any hesitation through the DSG.

A couple of things are missing from all cars shipped.
1. There is no 'privacy glass'. It doesn't matter as I would go done to Albert in Campsie & have effective tinting installed anyway.
2. The other thing is a bit more serious. If you want to buy a car, Skoda wants a waiver from you because cars shipped to Australia are not equipped with 'knee' airbags. Not only not fitted, but Skoda has no intent to retro fit either.

All in all very impressed & I've ordered a 206 sedan with tech, comfort & care packs, to be delivered in about three weeks, as long as they can get me one of two light colours. I'm happy with the deal done; In the end, a two car deal. My son & fiancee buying a Fabia with everything. They're inner city drivers. A happy smiling salesman.

gamcem
26-03-2016, 03:34 PM
In the brochure it mentions the knee air bags won't be 2015 fit. This must mean 2015 cars not MY16.

2009fsi
26-03-2016, 05:44 PM
In the brochure it mentions the knee air bags won't be 2015 fit. This must mean 2015 cars not MY16.

That's correct. You get a discount instead. One wonders why it is not fitted. I'd not normally buy any car at first release, but there are other factors at play on this occasion. This one might well turn into a Sportsline model, not due out until 'the end of year', probably meaning March/April 2017.

The reason the 206 doesn't have a full size wheel, I was told was, because they wanted to strip weight from the car so they could get it to do 400 under 6 seconds. So, obviously the smoke & mirrors doesn't stop at fudging emissions

Other observations:
The boot might be as big, but it is wider & shallower. Some things I;ve carried in the 3T or B6, wouldn't let you close the 206 boot lid.
No noticeable road noise at all from the Pirelli P7 tyres on a variety of surfaces when braking, steering or coasting downhill.

It appears no real spares for these cars have yet been shipped, hence the reason the $798 Supernova wheel upgrade option is not available. I'm going to call Skoda Chullora to ask about that on Tuesday.

dec76
29-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Have just signed contract at Gold Coast Skoda for Business Grey 140TDI, with Tech and Comfort Packs and towpack.
Delivery is for Late April as still in transit.

Knee bag and Privacy is on the one I'm getting as it is a MY16 built Jan 16.

Only the early cars built SEP-DEC 2015 that are to be registered as dealer demos wont have the two items on them as they are built '15

Also has anyone heard the 140TDI? Makes my 3T 125TDI wagon sound like a tractor and its quiet compared to some BMW/MERC's

:cool:

MattPS
29-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Congrats on the purchase(s)

Alloy wheels shatter in a rear end accident hence steel wheel for ADR

2009fsi
29-03-2016, 02:48 PM
I received a confirmation call this morning about my order for a brilliant silver 206, Dec76. Delivery end April built 1/16.

Skoda Australia or VAG seems to to have become too smart for their own good over these 19" Supernova alloys they use in all their advertising. On the configurator until recently, they were an alternate. Late last week they made them an option for $787. Now they say they are a separately purchased rim, at $797 EACH. I don't forget things like this; like Maccas ads for Big Macs which haven't looked like the ads since the 1970s . They must have a special course at VAG, How to get customers offside in one easy lesson.

The car would have looked great on those unique wheels & drawn attention to the Skoda product. Now will merge less noticeably in with all the rest of brands using similar nondescript straight spoke wheels.

donweather
29-03-2016, 08:06 PM
I received a confirmation call this morning about my order for a brilliant silver 206, Dec76. Delivery end April built 1/16.

Skoda Australia or VAG seems to to have become too smart for their own good over these 19" Supernova alloys they use in all their advertising. On the configurator until recently, they were an alternate. Late last week they made them an option for $787. Now they say they are a separately purchased rim, at $797 EACH. I don't forget things like this; like Maccas ads for Big Macs which haven't looked like the ads since the 1970s . They must have a special course at VAG, How to get customers offside in one easy lesson.

The car would have looked great on those unique wheels & drawn attention to the Skoda product. Now will merge less noticeably in with all the rest of brands using similar nondescript straight spoke wheels.
Skoda e shop has them around $400 per rim excluding delivery so I don't think the Skoda dealers being too outrageous with the $787 each quote above. I'm assuming you still get to the keep the stock rims at that price? That is the $787 is not the differential cost.

woofy
29-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Not sure what the fuss is about the wheels, my Octavia sat by itself for nearly most of Jan since being built the first week and then was joined by a big bunch of other skodas in early February as the ship arrived so sounds like the first batch of Superbs are with it. Docks in freo tomorrow and in Melb on Monday. At this stage you can't really whinge about what they have/have not as the orders woukd have been locked in last Nov and there wouldn't be that many. Alloys are quite often in the spare wheel well. Steel is a penny pnching excerise and the Skoda system lets them run pretty flat before telling you.

2009fsi
30-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Forget the wheels. I've organised my mate to bring a phoenix wheel back from Europe next month.
I obviously drive on quite different roads to others here. I've had three tyres with wall failures in the last 18 months. Wire on farm track, a sharp object off a truck in an industrial area, a sharp rock between Tullamore & Tottenham. My problem.

I gather no body else here has actually bought one yet? The problem I'm having at the moment is, no Insurance company has yet listed these 2016 Superbs. NRMA in NSW were contacted last week but still have nothing back from their underwriters. Same with GIO, Alliance which is being chased by the dealer. Friday at the earliest for a quote, I'm told.

woofy
30-03-2016, 10:05 PM
They don't exist yet technically, once they start compliancing them this week and next they should appear. The first were dropped off the boat today in Perth and the next lot are on their way to Melb. Same applies to my Octy, I'm assuming there were no 16.5 changes as mine is the first 2016 build to get here early next week.

2009fsi
31-03-2016, 11:03 AM
They don't exist yet technically, once they start compliancing them this week and next they should appear. The first were dropped off the boat today in Perth and the next lot are on their way to Melb. Same applies to my Octy, I'm assuming there were no 16.5 changes as mine is the first 2016 build to get here early next week.

Individual cars mightn't have been plated yet, but the model has been through compliance or we wouldn't have been able to test drive them on the road last week. Those demos will be covered by a dealers blanket insurance, not individual policies.

MattPS
31-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Speaking about recent tyre problems have to replace a Conti on my SLK R172 350 due to unrepairable and patch will not hold has been back a few times

woofy
31-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Individual cars mightn't have been plated yet, but the model has been through compliance or we wouldn't have been able to test drive them on the road last week. Those demos will be covered by a dealers blanket insurance, not individual policies.

Yes, but the demos are not quite the same as 2016 build cars so they may need one sorted before they appear on their systems properly. Already the new ones have the knee airbags.

2009fsi
01-04-2016, 04:11 PM
I spent over an hour on the phone with IAG/NRMA Insurance today. My previous requests for a quote on insurance for a 2016 Superb 206Tsi 4x4 Sedan, had not progressed at all.

On this occasion I was transferred to 'the right bloke'. He took the details of the 206 down & pursued it through the maze of the underwriters. Although not yet shown on the self help website. The 140tdi, 162tsi & 206Tsi are now all in the NRMA system. The upshot is, I have a quote & a cover note number, if I chose to stay with NRMA. It is just over 1330 annual for Comp Plus, (65% NCB & 17.5% multi policy/membership), based on a fully optioned on-road cost of 63890. That is about 250 cheaper than insurance for my MY10 V6, which they now value at 21500.

If you believe all their discount claims, that means they price an undiscounted policy at $7600/annum! Ludicrous.

I assume that will start the ball rolling & force the other insurers who do not yet list the 206, to do so in coming days. Glad I didn't leave it to delivery day.

hardy_bm
01-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Drove the 206TSI sedan today. Lovely. Nice tech- adaptive cruise control was perfect. Engine nice too with some muted enthusiasm.

So much road roar from the tyres though.

Riker
05-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Had a look at the new Superb at the local & was immediately very impressed with it. Soft touch interior on all but low down facia, quality feel with a nice solidity, very impressive.... Didn't see a 206tsi but there was a 162tsi sedan & 140tdi wagon as seen in pics.

Are these now better cars than their big brother Passats..? Very subjective on each persons opinions but for what is offered in a total package & the quality of it, then I must say at the moment yes it is. A Passat 206tsi 4motion is coming Sept-Oct this year so we'll see then if VWAUS ups the game with the introduction of a top spec Passat with R engine & driveline.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/JLPicard1/1d227fd4-db53-4d45-a054-a407aecabfe5.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/JLPicard1/media/1d227fd4-db53-4d45-a054-a407aecabfe5.jpg.html)

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/JLPicard1/465722c8-c372-4c45-b633-b8ccfd853e05.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/JLPicard1/media/465722c8-c372-4c45-b633-b8ccfd853e05.jpg.html)

2009fsi
05-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Are these now better cars than their big brother Passats..?

Interesting comments overheard between two salesmen at one of Sydney mega dealers: "Mate, these Superbs will sell." Yeah, they'll kill Passat."

woofy
05-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah I saw a sedan and wagon today at the dealer while dropping off the plates for my soon to appear Octy and they look very nice. They will certainly fill a void when the Falcon and Commodore die off.

OilBurna
07-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Mate got a 206tsi as a loaner whilst his A7 was being serviced he was very impressed with it. Think I might wait until some more come in stock locally with the knee airbags with comfort pack tech pack and roof.

OilBurna
08-04-2016, 07:05 AM
another good review here as well.

anyone lookign at tuning options? APR, JB etc?

2016 Skoda Superb Wagon Review | CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/429301/2016-skoda-superb-wagon-review/)

tigger73
08-04-2016, 07:48 AM
anyone lookign at tuning options? APR, JB etc?

You'll get the same result as a stage 1 Mk7 R / S3 with a tune. Expect 270-280kW from stage 1 tune.

OilBurna
08-04-2016, 07:49 AM
Which tune APR? Didn't realise the Skoda has 30nm less torque than the R assume tune will fix that

OilBurna
08-04-2016, 07:50 AM
280kw would be nice to go A45 and HSV hunting

OilBurna
08-04-2016, 01:16 PM
first recall...

Skoda Superb Wagon Recalled For Sunroof Safety - Joins Volkswagen Passat Wagon (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/63296/skoda-superb-wagon-recalled-for-sunroof-safety-joins-volkswagen-passat-wagon)

donweather
08-04-2016, 02:09 PM
You'll get the same result as a stage 1 Mk7 R / S3 with a tune. Expect 270-280kW from stage 1 tune.
But isn't the DSG a limiting factor on the maximum tuned torque values of the 206kW TSI superb?

brenno
08-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Entry level prices for Skoda wagon range:

Fabia - $17140
Octavia - $23990
Superb - $41690

They've missed an opportunity to correctly position the Superb range. That, and the lack of options means I'll give it a miss for the moment.

dArK5HaD0w
08-04-2016, 04:13 PM
But isn't the DSG a limiting factor on the maximum tuned torque values of the 206kW TSI superb?

the dsg is not a limiting factor, specially if both are running the same engine and transmission.
its just a marketing gimic to uphold brand creed.

they did the same thing with the mk6 golf gti and the mk2 Octavia rs.
same engine, same transmission, however:-
GTi = 155 kW
RS = 147 kW

Stage 1 APR/Revo/etc etc tune brings both to the same level.

donweather
09-04-2016, 06:30 AM
the dsg is not a limiting factor, specially if both are running the same engine and transmission.
its just a marketing gimic to uphold brand creed.

they did the same thing with the mk6 golf gti and the mk2 Octavia rs.
same engine, same transmission, however:-
GTi = 155 kW
RS = 147 kW

Stage 1 APR/Revo/etc etc tune brings both to the same level.

I thought the safe torque level of the DQ250 was around the 400Nm level whilst most Stage 1 tunes of the Mk 7 Golf R (same engine as the 206 TSI) go well beyond this?

tigger73
09-04-2016, 08:25 AM
I thought the safe torque level of the DQ250 was around the 400Nm level whilst most Stage 1 tunes of the Mk 7 Golf R (same engine as the 206 TSI) go well beyond this?

The Mk7 R stage 1 tunes have been out for a year or so now. The only complaints have been from those with manuals that they're frying the stock clutches - tuning significantly shortens the life. No reported problems (as far as I'm aware) with the 6 speed DSG. If you're concerned I'd also recommend a DSG tune to increase clamping rates/pressures.

Ozsko
09-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Entry level prices for Skoda wagon range:

Fabia - $17140
Octavia - $23990
Superb - $41690

They've missed an opportunity to correctly position the Superb range. That, and the lack of options means I'll give it a miss for the moment.

Can you please expand on that as most I have spoken to think Skoda for once have done something right.

OilBurna
09-04-2016, 04:44 PM
What is the issue with the lack of options, it is well equipped as standard and has the two option packs plus sunroof? Can't think of anything missing.

brenno
09-04-2016, 05:05 PM
What I'm saying is that there is too far a gap between the Octavia and Superb ranges. If you were an Octavia owner looking to upsize, you would be looking at quite a large jump in price. Skoda could have bridged the gap with a more affordable model.

As for the options, yes it is well equipped, but if you wanted to pick and choose options as you see fit and as is allowed in other markets, then you are out of luck. If for instance you wanted a vehicle fitted just with ACC you are forced to spend $4700 and have other items you really don't want added in. It's not a flexible offering. It's reducing the option for the consumer.

Ozsko
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
What I'm saying is that there is too far a gap between the Octavia and Superb ranges. If you were an Octavia owner looking to upsize, you would be looking at quite a large jump in price. Skoda could have bridged the gap with a more affordable model.

As for the options, yes it is well equipped, but if you wanted to pick and choose options as you see fit and as is allowed in other markets, then you are out of luck. If for instance you wanted a vehicle fitted just with ACC you are forced to spend $4700 and have other items you really don't want added in. It's not a flexible offering. It's reducing the option for the consumer.

Every VW car sold is like that in Oz, the option packs are what VW make the money on and are weirdly configured to make the buyer spend money on stuff he never would if given the choice. As for the gap, the RS Octavia overlaps the Superb in price and the top option 110TSI Octavia is well into the 30's. I have been procastinating about what to buy for twelve months, I hate buying cars as they are a complete waste of money and if I am going to buy one I want to enjoy it. The new Superb and the RS Octavia attract me for different reasons and now am totally confused. I like the new technology of the Superb, I don't like the size but then it is only 200mm longer than the Octavia so that should not make much difference. The 206 is out of my self imposed budget so it will be the 160 if it happens. I first want to see how much the performance of my TDI Superb is affect by the recall before doing anything.

aware
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Isn't that the point of Audi though? Options to tick everywhere you look.

There's also a lot of other issues at play - if you're looking at a Superb you're probably not in your mid-20s and would therefore potentially have some more cash to play with, if it's the family car it's very easy to justify the added benfits ofof the rest of the tech pack. You're only looking at a big price jump if you buy a white, 110TSI Ambition Manual Octavia with no options at all. If I bought the base Superb Estate now it's only ~ $10k more than I paid for an Ambition Plus Wagon last month with a couple of options ticked. I'm 24 - by the time I'd need the added carrying capacity of the Superb (which hopefully won't be for 5 years), then the price jump really doesn't seem that massive. I don't see a problem with their pricing strategy.

tigger73
09-04-2016, 05:53 PM

Skoda has run the 132TSI (1.8l turbo) Superb through certification, however it wasn't in the range on launch.

I am guessing this would be more what you'd be looking at as an entry level option. If they did this with cloth trim, 132TSI engine, 7 speed DSG then you'd be looking more low-mid $30's as an entry point.

They have this model option in the Passat range (cloth interior, 1.8l engine, 7 speed DSG). It does leave you scratching your head if VW/Skoda has tipped the tables here on the Passat/Superb. It's quite strange.

brenno
09-04-2016, 06:03 PM
If they did this with cloth trim, 132TSI engine, 7 speed DSG then you'd be looking more low-mid $30's as an entry point.

Exactly. Imagine if they had the foresight to bring in a 110TSI with a manual gearbox. I note with interest the compliance sheet also included 16 inch wheels.

backdoc
09-04-2016, 06:46 PM
What do you guys/girls reckon would be a good price to aim at for a 206 estate fully optioned? List price is $63,500 drive away.

woofy
09-04-2016, 08:05 PM
I dunno what's going on but the first batch of Superbs were with my Octy and have held up the entire lot at customs all week in Melbourne so not really impressed.

Ozsko
09-04-2016, 08:07 PM
What do you guys/girls reckon would be a good price to aim at for a 206 estate fully optioned? List price is $63,500 drive away.

Ring a car broker and see what they can do.

MattPS
11-04-2016, 12:40 PM
I dunno what's going on but the first batch of Superbs were with my Octy and have held up the entire lot at customs all week in Melbourne so not really impressed.

If you are ready to go right now PM me and I will do a deal

backdoc
11-04-2016, 02:02 PM
If you are ready to go right now PM me and I will do a deal

PM sent

blueSup
12-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Well, I took the plunge on Saturday and ordered an Estate 206 after a test drive, so I thought I'd better join the forum here. There isn't local stock of the colour/features I want so it's down to waiting as an order was placed in the system today. :-)

2009fsi
12-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Unfortunate timing, bluesup.
I understand orders to the factory, to be on the ship arriving in about 10 weeks, was Thursday 7th April.
At least that is what a salesman told my mate. He's ordered a Superb 206 sedan with Tech, Comfort, roof, 5yr service pack, in brilliant silver, with supernova wheels. He only came into the dealer with me on the way to somewhere else. After a look at the sedan on display & taking the wagon for a drive, he signed on the spot. He's not short of a dollar but it would have been interesting to be a fly in the wall when he told his missus. Out of a Lexus, into a Skoda!

woofy
13-04-2016, 12:54 AM
They build all the time, it's just how long it waits for a ship. Once a month one goes from memory.

OilBurna
13-04-2016, 09:28 AM
@ blue sup what spec did you order I see the Superb got a 5 star rating in the latest ANCAP

blueSup
13-04-2016, 09:48 AM
I ordered a lava blue with beige interior, tech pack, comfort pack, and tow bar.
I don't mind missing an order cutoff date. I can wait :-)

blueSup
13-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Oops, forgot the sunroof too, with 206 engine.

OilBurna
13-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Very nice love to see some pics when you get it

backdoc
13-04-2016, 07:29 PM
I'll throw my hat into the ring. Just ordered a 206 Wagon, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack & Roof. Well looked after by Matt & Josh at Peninsula Skoda. Highly recommend them.

What colour should I go - Business Grey or Quartz Grey? Thinking with kids and scratches Business Grey might be better. I haven't seen Moon White in the flesh, but after 4 white cars I feel like a change is required.

2009fsi
14-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Goodluck backdoc
I received a call from my dealer today, apologising for a stuff up. The car reserved for me, which was to be a brilliant silver 206 has turned out to be a 162. My first thought was, I think I'm dealing with Arthur Daley Motors! Of course the stuff up has to lie with the ineffective co-ordination in VAG/Skoda. The first question put to me was, "Would you like to take the 162, at a good price?" NO thanks!
I was supposed to get a call this afternoon to let me know what delay has now been caused, but unfortunately the bloke at Skoda who knows what is in the pipeline apparently had a day off today. Happenings today have implications which may well see me pull the plug on this deal, as any significant delay on delivery will see me incur several thousand dollars of unwanted additional costs.

I think I've had it up to the neck with ridiculous long delays on delivery, the car industry expects buyers to accept. I've never been big on colour preference, because I think all today's colours are too dull, lifeless & anti road safe. I've asked what is in stock & taken one of them.

Personally, I think if a car company hasn't got enough faith in the marketability of their own cars, to bring in an inventory, they ought to give the game away. Particularly with something like the 206; the rarest order for which WON'T want tech & comfort packs. Surely it's not rocket science.
Let's see what happens at 'Fawlty Towers' tomorrow. Let's hope my enthusiasm for the 206 is reignited. At the moment, the lack of a car threatens to derail our long planned time away on our own.

OilBurna
14-04-2016, 09:30 AM
congrats backdoc sounds great good to hear PS looked after you. IMHO would go the business grey, I think the review on Car Advice is the same color. Looks the business pardon the pun.

woofy
14-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Goodluck backdoc
I received a call from my dealer today, apologising for a stuff up. The car reserved for me, which was to be a brilliant silver 206 has turned out to be a 162. My first thought was, I think I'm dealing with Arthur Daley Motors! Of course the stuff up has to lie with the ineffective co-ordination in VAG/Skoda. The first question put to me was, "Would you like to take the 162, at a good price?" NO thanks!
I was supposed to get a call this afternoon to let me know what delay has now been caused, but unfortunately the bloke at Skoda who knows what is in the pipeline apparently had a day off today. Happenings today have implications which may well see me pull the plug on this deal, as any significant delay on delivery will see me incur several thousand dollars of unwanted additional costs.

I think I've had it up to the neck with ridiculous long delays on delivery, the car industry expects buyers to accept. I've never been big on colour preference, because I think all today's colours are too dull, lifeless & anti road safe. I've asked what is in stock & taken one of them.

Personally, I think if a car company hasn't got enough faith in the marketability of their own cars, to bring in an inventory, they ought to give the game away. Particularly with something like the 206; the rarest order for which WON'T want tech & comfort packs. Surely it's not rocket science.
Let's see what happens at 'Fawlty Towers' tomorrow. Let's hope my enthusiasm for the 206 is reignited. At the moment, the lack of a car threatens to derail our long planned time away on our own.

I ordered in Aug, talk about a wait, and customs have held up my car and the entire first batch of customer sold Superbs for going on a week and a half now. I'm assuming their strikes and Easter have made a backlog and a CZ druglord didn't stuff my car full of suss things. I have an Octy RS though, but most of the shipment were all new Superbs.

tigger73
14-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Superbs have bigger boots so you could fit more "stuff" in it!

woofy
14-04-2016, 11:47 AM
I'm half wondering whether there has been an issue with the Superbs getting imported which has held up all of them. There seems to be a mystery about whether they have the knee airbags and I know customs are funny enough crazy little details sometimes. I would expect it might be compliance where that would cause an issue which they haven't even got to you, Patricks are still waiting on them to delay things in their own special way.

OilBurna
14-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Hope it gets sorted soon Woofy

hardy_bm
14-04-2016, 10:18 PM
My parents have been considering the Golf Alltrack as their next car, but since learning about the Superb 162TSI Wagon and its (quite similar to Golf Alltrack) pricing, they're now wanting to have a look at one.

I bailed out of the Golf Alltrack due to the lack of tech. The Superb (and maybe an Outdoor version) cream it- albeit in a larger car. Maybe they're trying to save a segment for the new Tiguan?

woofy
14-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Hope it gets sorted soon Woofy

Just found out that along with the manager being away which I discovered last week when I needed a quick answer, thst the salesperson is moving to essendon Skoda next week so I'm being hand balled. This happened last time I bought a car and it ended up in disaster as no one was ready for me or knew much.

2009fsi
15-04-2016, 02:39 AM
A car I will have, in about 3 weeks. It has just been landed. The information I was told is, there are no 206s left unallocated in Australia. (There maybe one Black one with beige interior, on hold for an order yet to be confirmed) That is it. If you want to order one now, come back when the boat comes in, in about 6 months. All here are late2015 builds, with no knee airbag or 'privacy glass'. That includes those offloaded yesterday. Window tint fixes the latter & is essential in Australia anyway. The former ought to be able to be fitted at service, but I gather VAG/Skoda Oz don't want to stump up for the cost. (salesperson muttering)

blueSup
15-04-2016, 05:40 AM
I think there is a lot of confusing information out there. The 206 I test drove had privacy glass but the 162 I looked at did not. All of the sedans I saw had the rear bumper cutout for a tow bar but none of the wagons had it, yet a tow bar seems to be a dealer fit option.

woofy
15-04-2016, 08:56 AM
A car I will have, in about 3 weeks. It has just been landed. The information I was told is, there are no 206s left unallocated in Australia. (There maybe one Black one with beige interior, on hold for an order yet to be confirmed) That is it. If you want to order one now, come back when the boat comes in, in about 6 months. All here are late2015 builds, with no knee airbag or 'privacy glass'. That includes those offloaded yesterday. Window tint fixes the latter & is essential in Australia anyway. The former ought to be able to be fitted at service, but I gather VAG/Skoda Oz don't want to stump up for the cost. (salesperson muttering)

The dealers weren't happy about their demos being incomplete, they got them ages ago. For what its worth, my 3rd wk build Octavia was sitting by itself at the dock for several weeks until Feb when the Superbs turned up. So it would be odd if they were 2015 build unless they had them all sitting for ages somewhere else. The dealers don't know if they have the airbags or not until they physically get them, they honestly know jack all, they didn't even know their demos were going to be missing stuff until a few weeks back even though they had been in Oz since last year. BTW the boat came into Melb Monday last week and in NSW later last week. They are all still sitting at customs last Friday here but looks like I will get mine next week so maybe they finally got out.

The next boat isn't 6mths away, but by the time a factory order is built it would likely take that long. All assuming the dealers don't have monthly build allocations which of course they do but probably have a long waiting list to fill each one.

2009fsi
15-04-2016, 01:26 PM
True woofy, the dealers don't know, unless the Skoda regional manager gives them the detail of the particular car in the pipeline. In my case it is confirmed the car just offloaded is late 2015 build, without airbag or privacy. For that they want a waiver acknowledging you know, offset by a discount.

Build date is a big issue in other markets. Our rules on what is 'new', with the smoke & mirrors of build date versus plate date, make it an MY16 to buy, a 2015 to sell. A con job government is happy to let the industry get away with, hence we're getting the clear out of cars less saleable in other markets, imho. For me it is pretty irrelevant, as long as you negotiate well because of it & keep long enough for the depreciation difference to become minor. Usually the car is the same, regardless.

I'm happy to be moving from B6 V6 to B8 206. Every time I get into the 2009/MY10 B6 version, the narrowness of the seat & the pedal offset because of the right side wheel well intrusion, reminds me of why I'm buying the B8 206. It isn't a problem for short distances, but long distances on country roads where you have to 'drive' a lot should be much more comfortable in the new car.

woofy
15-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Just got the call before, mine is getting delivered mid next week and will be ready for pickup. Pity I'm away from that exact date, but could see it coming. It seems some people signed that waiver, but then found out they had the airbag afterall. Does sound like the Oz market got another strange stash of shipments.

backdoc
15-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Checked out the Business Grey in the sun today. Really is the business.

The interior of the Superb is of such high quality, it really shames more expensive marques, and the sedan looks much better in the flesh. A really good looking car. Wagon for us is more practical, but sedan is almost the better looker.

Can't wait to get it now.

Benmac
15-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Agreed i am favouring the sedan this version. Looks a tad less bulky and still has plenty of capacity. The sedan is a good looking car.

"Via Tapatalk"

blueSup
16-04-2016, 09:55 AM
After seeing the colours we have available in Australia I thought I’d look at the colours available where the car is built.
We get:
White
Less white
Grey
More Grey
Lots more Grey
Black
Blue

But just look at what is available!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22621&stc=1

Benmac
16-04-2016, 08:41 PM
It is disappointing, I think it is possible to order no standard colours if one has the code and is pushy enough. Shame they are so conservative with the colour options.

2009fsi
16-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I completely agree with you bluesup & benmac, the colours available in Australia are not only dead boring but seriously questionable from the road safety perspective, in Australia. If I had the power to do so, I would ban the b!oody lot of them. What moron decided the best colour for a car is a narrow range near the same colour as the asphalt & the storm clouds in the background?

Of course the marketing gurus will try & tell you these are the colours Australian buyers want, based on the rear view mirror of past purchasing. What utter rubbish. People buy them after picking what they think is the best of a bad lot pr, because that is all there is available. Look at our roads; every car is grey, white or black.

Some years ago, this was a hot issue discussed in national road safety forums & governments demanded car manufacturers offer more visible colours. That lasted about five minutes, before we all had to select from the funeral directors chart again. I'm about to take possession of a Quartz Grey Metallic car, with wheels about the same colour. It is nearly the same colour as a Gunmetal Grey XR8 Ford I had for a while. It got hit three times when parked in the streets in fading light. It is also a terrible colour for showing up road dirt. I'm taking it because, that's all there is on offer.

Thank god cars have day driving lights & side parking like options these days. In that regard, they're almost as advanced as the Peugeot 403 my old man had in the late 1950s!

FWIW, the most visible car I ever owned was a 1972 GT Falcon in 'Yellow Fire'. The best description of it is, the colour of a flashing blinker. If Skoda offered 'yellow fire', I might even be prepared to wait 6 months to get it. Colour makes a big difference to visibility, when driving through the dappled shade of country roads.

Sorry for jumping on the soapbox everyone, but this has long been an issue for me.

tinto
16-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Wow just had a look at the sedan (I'm a fairly blinkered wagon/hatch type of bloke). Looks great!
I'd still go for a wagon as it suits my family, but it's certainly not a clear cut choice if you're on the fence.

MattPS
17-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Just a quick update

Both of us have a few Superbs this week and we still have a good range of stock in our holding yard

Sold a 162 wagon yesterday fully loaded with roof in business grey for delivery this week

We have a few 206 as well

If in Melbourne PM me and if interstate give me a chance on price

2009fsi
17-04-2016, 08:44 PM
You prompted me to have a look at the configurator in Europe, bluesup.

Our Tech Pack & comfort pack much cleaner options compared to the way many items are individually offered as options in Czech Republic & Europe. Did you notice the standard alloy on a 206 there is an 8x18 Supernova in Anthracite? The high cost option is the 19" wheel standard out here.
When you select a motor on the Euro configurator, the engine's CO2 emissions level is displayed at the bottom. Out here you won't find a single reference to emission levels in any of Skoda Australia's advertising or specs. For reference, the 206 is quoted at 190g/km. The smaller Tsi engine at 110g/km. Both better figures than the 3T 118s 200g & 191s 243g figures. The B8 configurator version out here has 'lost' the CO2 figures. I suspect because, whilst VW may argue no problems under Australian rules with the ea189 engines, they had quoted EU5 & emission figures not met, in their brochures. It is interesting none of the motoring journos seem to have asked the question, because when the 3T came out, the CO2 levels were considered a big plus.

An interesting insight into what VW/Skoda make of us, with the different customer engineering on opposite sides of the world.

blueSup
19-04-2016, 07:21 PM
It was hard to miss the differences. From the Sportline that is available (blacked out bits and interior, new seats, Vega rims, plus some extra gubbins on the infotainment) through to the C02 emissions that we don’t get to see and the colours that we miss out on, including the brown (!) interior.
Our choices seem to be stacked in a mostly logical grouping. Safety looks foremost as we get all the airbags as standard but a market like the UK has to pay extra for rear-side airbags, even on the top spec L&K variant. Same for the rear-view camera.

The Aussie importers seem to be taking a leaf out of the Apple playbook; Good, Better, Best, and limit the options.
162, 140, 206.
Three options, tech, comfort, and roof.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over time. Will they add more options? Break up the packs? Limit things further?
I don’t feel slighted by their choices, except for the lack of colours and that’s where I am with you 2009fsi. When you look at Merc and BMW, it appears Skoda Aust are trying to ape their choices. Merc offers a red but I expect we won’t see that for the Superb until the Sportline is sold here.

AwesomePossum
20-04-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm a bit of a VW group nuffy - have been loving nearly all of their new models of late. Basically, I've been wanting to upgrade my Tiguan to a wagon for about 6 months now and have narrowed it down to the new Passat or new Superb. I'm massively disappointed VW didn't release the 206tsi Passat in Aus as I would have jumped at that straight away. I test drove the 132tsi and found it a little underpowered even compared to my 132tsi Tiguan. I've test driven the new 206tsi Superb and love how it drives, but there is one thing I don't like - the light coloured headlining. I got the feeling sitting in the R-Line Passat that it felt so much more expensive and luxurious compared to the Superb, simply due to the black headlining, and from what I can gather, it isn't an option that can be changed on the Superb.

Here comes my question; I've searched high and low for headlining replacements on google without luck - if I do go for the 206tsi Superb, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could go (I'm located in Melbourne) to get the headlining etc. changed to black as soon as it's delivered?

blueSup
20-04-2016, 11:12 AM
AwesomePossum, the 206 Passat is already on the cards for MY17 so if you can wait, then do so. The black headlining is part of the Sportline package on the Superb and it will be coming soon as well. The Sportline name was in the registration for MY16 Superb.

MattPS
20-04-2016, 11:46 AM
We use Blackmans

blueSup
20-04-2016, 07:28 PM
AwesomePossum - If you look at the Guvmint database for Road Vehicles you can see the MY16 Passat here without the 206TSI
Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/35384_1145920_RVD_21Aug2015143110.cmd)

and the MY17 Passat here with the 206TSI
Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/35384_1166596_RVD_11Feb2016083113.cmd)

The MY16 Superb is here
Road Vehicle Descriptor (RVD1) (http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/perl/47397_1169310_RVD_02Mar2016083318.cmd)

Scroll down to the Remarks box to see mention of the Sportline, with the black headlining.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22683&stc=1

AwesomePossum
20-04-2016, 07:28 PM
You've made my day! Where do you get your info? The hours I've wasted searching the web for this... I even ended up on page 3 of a Google search! Who the f*** goes there these days!? haha

AwesomePossum
20-04-2016, 07:42 PM
We've both just replied at the same time....

Some of your best work with that!! Massive thanks! I was hating the thought of having to take a new car to get the headlining ripped out!

It's going to be a tough choice between the 206 Superb with Sportline and the 206 Passat! Any thoughts on what the Passat with go for? Late 60's?

tigger73
20-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Given that the Golf R wagon was/is $66k, I'd expect the Passat 206TSI to be the other side of $70k...

blueSup
20-04-2016, 10:14 PM
A Passat 206 guess? It's too far out for a solid guess. The exchange rate is they key, and how much the group thinks the VW badge is worth over the Skoda brand. If you look at the 140 Passat Wagon and compare it to the 140 Superb Wagon then it's $60k to $58k for close to the same thing (bar some fruit).
Given that Skoda isn't seen as the "cheap one" in Australia when compared to other countries, they may look to keep the Skoda price high to help push the VW prices higher, after all it's more money for them in the coffers at the end of the day.

blueSup
25-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Well knock me down with a feather. There was an actual Superb commercial on Channel 10 in Sydney tonight, during The Project.

woofy
26-04-2016, 05:01 PM
A Passat 206 guess? It's too far out for a solid guess. The exchange rate is they key, and how much the group thinks the VW badge is worth over the Skoda brand. If you look at the 140 Passat Wagon and compare it to the 140 Superb Wagon then it's $60k to $58k for close to the same thing (bar some fruit).
Given that Skoda isn't seen as the "cheap one" in Australia when compared to other countries, they may look to keep the Skoda price high to help push the VW prices higher, after all it's more money for them in the coffers at the end of the day.

And yet I keep hearing from the dealers how there is nothing in Skodas for them. Hard to imagine when there is $2990 in dealer delivery for starters when other companies charge around $1200 and quite often offer free onroads and DD. Skoda themselves did years back when I got my first.

blueSup
26-04-2016, 05:48 PM
It looks like a Week 32 build for my car (8th August start). I hope the people that see that new advert are prepared for a similar wait.

blueSup
26-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Dealers will always tell you there's no money in it. It's in their best interest to say so. Many years ago a bill of materials for a specific Audi model got out and showed just how much there was in it for dealers. A Holden dealer mate of mine gets $2.5k for a sale even after "negotiations".

2009fsi
27-04-2016, 02:47 AM
It looks like a Week 32 build for my car (8th August start). I hope the people that see that new advert are prepared for a similar wait.

It reeks of a lack of belief in their own product, doesn't it bluesup. It happens when a businesses expectation is driven by the rear view mirror projections of ana!!y retentive accountants. No faith in their own product & a total aversion to 'having stock'. Skoda VAG might think they are delivering 'world's best practise', 'just in time', minimal overhead, smart management. I think them their products worst enemy. The same philosophy extends right down the chain to the dealer network, where not even the most common spares & consumables are stocked. Everything is at least a next day job from VAG's warehouse at Chullora in NSW.

One wonders just how many sales are lost when months of delay is the only option. In my case I'm taking a car in a colour I really don't like, because I'm not prepared to wait 6 months, just for a colour. I reason that as the driver, I'll be looking out of it, not at it, most of the time.

Doing a deal with a dealer to trade a car in six months time, with all the out of pocket costs that involves on an older, out of warranty vehicle, needing to maintain the value of your trade-in & in the case of some makes & dealers, having to get involved in hedging their FX exposure, is not for me. The sellers risk is all dumped in the buyers lap.

I came very close to pulling the plug on my 206 purchase. They got 'my car' in, the right colour & extras, only to realise the day before delivery, it was a 162, not a 206! I looked a Jags, Volvos, Mercs & Beamers, thought about a Jag, but decided to stick with the Skoda when they rounded up the one off the last ship. The 206 is the goods as far as I'm concerned. Surely Skoda will get it right this time! If not, I'll almost certainly go to the other dago, as we used to say before the precious PC mob escaped from the asylum. In most cases, 20k more for a car no better, in my opinion, not as good as the Skoda 206.

It seems to me, if you want to break out of being just a niche supplier to a small rusted on market, 'the new Saab' for eccentrics some say of Skoda, then the company has to start believing in its own product & potential. That means having a rolling supply of most commonly configured vehicles in stock & a support network adequately provisioned.

I think the product is good, but the management straight out of Arthur Daley enterprises.

bobski
29-04-2016, 10:57 AM
I think the product is good, but the management straight out of Arthur Daley enterprises.

Has been that way since I bought my first one in 2010. If you want a desirable model, take what they have or be prepared to wait.

I got on good terms with the sales rep at my local Skoda dealer and he said many sales went down the gurgler if wait times of more than a month come up and lots of tyre kickers walked straight away. When I ordered my RS, they didn't put the order in for a month (after I rang them demanding to know the delivery date). I could have cancelled the order (am very glad I didn't), but that after sales support is just typical of many dealerships and I don't think Skoda can do anything about that as I doubt they are in a strong position with mixed brand dealerships where they are the underdog brand (which many seem to be these days). It is also the nature of the industry, salespeople are chasing sales, once the sale is made, your popularity wanes.

Given the factory seems to be flat out and Skoda worldwide is growing and growing, I really doubt anything will change and we'll see the same gripes in another 6 years on this forum :) At least the cars make up for it.

2009fsi
29-04-2016, 10:32 PM
One of the unique things about Skida in Aystralia, compared to ither countries is, there really isn't Skoda representation out here, The show is completely under the control of a conflicted VAG. There is a Skoda sign on the building in Chullora, but everybody works for VW. Drive past, none of the staff going in & out or parked in the street is a Skoda.

I was talking to the salesman at my Skoda dealer yesterday. The level of frustration he feels when a keen buyer discovers his new dream car will be take 8 months, turns & walks away is intense. As he said, lots of buyers for a great product which is good enough to sell itself, let down by short sightedness by his supplier, VAG.

Let me add here, after just a few days of ownership, I could not possibly be more pleased with my 206 sedan.

tigger73
29-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Agree but just remember only year or so ago Skoda were still trying to clear out 3 year old "new" cars. I bet there was a fair few $ lost on these slow moving models.

2009fsi
30-04-2016, 02:47 AM
A circular story, isn't it tigger: The DSG about face by the motoring gurus didn't help either.
If you don't promote a product, don't support it & tell customers they have to wait too long, they will go to the other dago.
This country has so many brands/models in every category, options abound. If they are the one with no clear strategy to take that market on & carve out your share, they'll be the losers. Forever the little niche for escaped eccentrics determined to stoically put up with anything, just to be different. I'm sure that wasn't the plan when Skoda launched..... but.

tigger73
30-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Yes 100% agree. Though I'm sure the delays are only due to the Skoda factory having a hard time keeping up with demand. Likely we're only getting allocated volumes based on previous sales.

It is a pity that now there's a decent product that could sell like hotcakes that supply isn't able to keep up with demand. Even if it was a 2-3 month wait that would be acceptable to most people but 8 months is really only for the hardcore Skoda nuts.

woofy
30-04-2016, 06:03 PM
The dealer I picked my Octy up from last week reckons the Zagames have been over to Skoda HQ and there are big things afoot, so much so that he is outfitting a new Skoda building (and putting mclaren in the old smaller space) as well as setting up a dedicated service just for Skoda no longer shared with Audi. That actually was supposed to be the case from the get go in their old site, but never happened. What they have been told is that partly assembled Skodas will be sent to Vietnam for final assembly and painting to help with the backlog for countries like us so far away from CZ. I can't think of anything worse, Skodas rep is based on the CZ build cars, not the Chinese, Indian and Russian builds and it sounds like where Renault made mistakes for locally supplied cars here.

alexaescht
30-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Final assembly in Vietnam!? That seems like a really weird decision from Skoda. Surely quality will be affected.

woofy
30-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Yep you would think so. Not a weird decision for VW group though, they build their cars all over the place and other euros do as well.

alexaescht
30-04-2016, 11:46 PM
That is true. The cars in our driveway are made in South Africa (VW Polo) and Turkey (Renault Megane) so I suppose Vietnam isn't a huge stretch past that. Still, I'm not sold.

2009fsi
01-05-2016, 12:54 AM
Anybody seen something like this for Australia?

Skoda Vietnam
4. Marketing strategies of Skoda Auto in Vietnam
4.1 Marketing Objectives:
The main objectives of the company are:
* To penetrate into the Vietnamese market in 2015
* To create brand awareness for local consumers and increase customer’s perception towards its brand name
* To become one of the ten biggest car brands in the market
The choice of 2015 as entry year is favorable for Skoda because Vietnam’s automotive market is growing quickly and all competitive advantages for the company including lower vehicle import tax, high demand of Vietnamese consumers etc will help company to enter the market successfully.

4.2 Segmentation, targeting, positioning strategy
Target groups for Skoda Auto’s vehicles will be based on four groups of segmentation variables such as Geographic, Psychographic, Demographic and Behavioral
In Geographic segmentation, two major regions for the company are Hanoi Capital in the North and Ho Chi Minh City in the South. Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi capital are chosen in terms of numerous population, high income level and high demand of car purchase. Concerning the population scale, Ho Chi Minh stood in the first position with 7,165,000 people and the second was Hanoi with 6,472,000 people.
In Demographic segmentation, both men and woman, aged between 25-60 years are addressed. Average Vietnamese household size is about 4.1 person/household, so Skoda’s models such as Fabia, Octavia, Yeti will be the most affordable choice for the Vietnamese middle class and Superb will be suitable for the Vietnamese upper class. Based on the income level of Hanoi Capital and Ho Chi Minh City, the group with minimum annual income of $23,000 per year will be addressed for purchasing Skoda’s vehicles including senior employees, businessman, doctors and politicians.

Alf01
02-05-2016, 06:05 AM
So have they got a factory build in Vietnam?
The spray painting of the cars shouldn't be an issue as they are done by robots anyway.
Assembly might be a different story. But I have got no idea of the quality work that Vietnamese can do.

2009fsi
02-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Japanese make cars in Vietnam. There are several different brand factories assembling & exporting.
Quality is usually related to how good the training & pay rates are, in the third world. If everybody is happy, it works. If not, the odd screw chucked in a panel, in revenge. The Viets are as good as any, if they are happy in service.

blueSup
18-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Here comes my question; I've searched high and low for headlining replacements on google without luck - if I do go for the 206tsi Superb, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could go (I'm located in Melbourne) to get the headlining etc. changed to black as soon as it's delivered?

This might bring a smile to your face.

https://youtu.be/HCTqavnXgJ8

drex
19-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Picked up my Superb a few weeks ago, love it but please check your tyre pressures! I just checked mine for the first time. The left were set to 52 psi and the right were set to 32 psi?! Completely bizarre and dangerous. Now fixed and the car is riding like a dream.

Buzy_Robot
19-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Picked up my Superb a few weeks ago, love it but please check your tyre pressures! I just checked mine for the first time. The left were set to 52 psi and the right were set to 32 psi?! Completely bizarre and dangerous. Now fixed and the car is riding like a dream.

It's been my repeated experience that VAG dealers never check tyre pressures and/or wheel alignment during pre-delivery. Looks like it's the same deal with Skoda. Why exactly do we pay exorbitant deliver delivery fees?! My first brand new B7 Passat back in 2011 needed both tyre pressures checked and wheel alignment done after premature front tyre wear. Same happened in 2013 when I picked up my next brand new B7 Passat, but I'd learnt my lesson and my tyres were still in good nick after 35,000 ks. Fast forward to 2016 and the minute I drove out my new B8 Passat onto the Princes Hwy I got the low tyre pressure warning light. Tyre pressures were different on all four tyres and the wheel alignment was out of kilter as well. All promptly fixed. Drex, I suggest you get wheel alignment done on your new Skoda as well. Your Superb will feel even better to drive, you'll get better grip and you'll prolong the life of your tyres.

drex
19-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Thanks Mate, I was fortunate enough to get a wheel alignment report when I picked up my Touareg that the alignment was ok. I will go and get the alignment checked on the Skoda, I plan on keeping this one a lot longer

It's been my repeated experience that VAG dealers never check tyre pressures and/or wheel alignment during pre-delivery. Looks like it's the same deal with Skoda. Why exactly do we pay exorbitant deliver delivery fees?! My first brand new B7 Passat back in 2011 needed both tyre pressures checked and wheel alignment done after premature front tyre wear. Same happened in 2013 when I picked up my next brand new B7 Passat, but I'd learnt my lesson and my tyres were still in good nick after 35,000 ks. Fast forward to 2016 and the minute I drove out my new B8 Passat onto the Princes Hwy I got the low tyre pressure warning light. Tyre pressures were different on all four tyres and the wheel alignment was out of kilter as well. All promptly fixed. Drex, I suggest you get wheel alignment done on your new Skoda as well. Your Superb will feel even better to drive, you'll get better grip and you'll prolong the life of your tyres.

2009fsi
19-06-2016, 09:58 PM
It's been my repeated experience that VAG dealers never check tyre pressures and/or wheel alignment during pre-delivery. ................ I suggest you get wheel alignment done on your new Skoda as well. Your Superb will feel even better to drive, you'll get better grip and you'll prolong the life of your tyres.

My experience exactly, Buzy_Robot & drex. As delivered, my 206 had one rear tyre with 21psi more than the other three & none of the three tyres were within 3 psi of its mate. That's not good enough on any car, but dangerous with the grunt of the 206. I traded the Pirelli P7s for a set of new Conti Sportscontact 6s after only 400kms. I had the wheel alignment checked at that time & neither the front, nor the rear were anywhere near true alignment.

The other obvious unchecked item was the driver side windscreen washer. It blasted into to underside of the bonnet; only the thin mist of that contact making it to the windscreen. Not enough to wet the blade's path. They clearly never did more than fill the reservoir, possibly not even that.

As far as I'm concerned, all I got for the extortionate delivery fee was a wash & a set of plates screwed on. Back when i bought my 2010 V6 Superb, I got welcome letters & questionnaire from Skoda Australia asking for my comments on all aspects of my experience buying the car. This time, absolutely b!oody nothing. I get the feeling they know some of their major dealers deliver without care or responsiblity. They pocket the delivery & fob the delivery defects off to 'Warranty'. But that is an avoidable waste of my time & in my view, a fraud against the real purposes of the intent of Warranty. This clearly adds to the cost we pay for a new vehicle.

I used to get my cars inspected by the NRMA before I took delivery. I think it is a prudent exercise I should return to.

bobski
24-06-2016, 11:05 AM
I have strong feelings about not paying delivery fees for these very reasons. The only thing I can possibly think costs them real money is trucking the car somewhere, but that's probably covered by Skoda (would love to know!).

The thing with Skoda's is they have to work so very hard for the sale that they should *want* to be giving you a good experience so you keep going back for services and possibly your next Skoda...

woofy
24-06-2016, 11:48 AM
It's OK for my exorbitant Skoda delivery fees, I got fine scratches all over the paintwork and especially on the black door pillars, and had etching all in the surround glass from the tinter using it as a template to cut out the film. On the inside I had the delight of strips of rubber hanging off the back QTR windows where they had taken it upon themselves to just cut the rubber away rather than tuck the film behind. All in the myriad of post sale surveys I have been sent but of course no reply. As of now I realised the glove box light has never worked and the drivers seat height is jammed more often than not. All like that from delivery so I can only imagine what I haven't found.

pologti18t
26-06-2016, 06:04 AM
Sportline

bego9
07-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Best family car of the year 2016 in UK
Family Car of the Year 2016: Skoda Superb | New Car Awards 2016: the winners | Auto Express (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/superb/96181/family-car-of-the-year-2016-skoda-superb)

and Estate car of the year 2016

Estate Car of the Year 2016: Skoda Superb Estate | New Car Awards 2016: the winners | Auto Express (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/superb/96184/estate-car-of-the-year-2016-skoda-superb-estate)

backdoc
26-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Getting to pick up our new Superb on Friday. Kids are definitely looking forward to not being so squished in the back!

backdoc
29-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Picked up our 206 wagon today. Sweet ��

2009fsi
30-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Good one backdoc. You won't be disappointed.

When you have a few kms on it, find a nice piece of back or private road & just put it in Sports Mode, put your boot into it from a standing start & climb through the gears. Yes, it happens just like on those Youtube clips. It is the unrelenting torque right through the range & the rock solid, stuck to the road feel, which is impressive.

backdoc
31-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Well, I'm still trying to come up with more excuses to go driving. I really am seriously impressed by the car. The level of quality, comfort and tech is such a significant step up for Skoda. I recently sold my CLA45 AMG, which I loved, but I already love the Superb. It just makes your life easier, with all the clever little touches. It's a perfect family car and in manual or sport mode it has some serious go. Not sure what it'll be like in the twisty stuff, but the acceleration is quite mystifying in car of this size. I was originally quite concerned about lack of aural excitement, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the nice exhaust growl when you get on it. Love the business grey too.

Not sure what'll end up annoying me about the car. So far only the CarPlay can be frustrating with the connection. Other than this, so far so good. They really should be selling an awful lot of these. I can't think of a car that matches it that doesn't cost twice the price.

Enobar
31-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Picked up our 206 wagon today. Sweet ��

Did you get a MY16 or MY17 build car backdoc?

2009fsi
01-08-2016, 02:38 PM
They really should be selling an awful lot of these. I can't think of a car that matches it that doesn't cost twice the price.

My thoughts exactly, backdoc. Some time ago I watched a review by Autobilt.de, somewhat hampered by my rudimentary German, in which the diesel powered FWD sedan were compared to a Merc E-class. The reviewer asked the question; 'Why would you pay all that extra for the Merc, when the Superb was equal, if not better?' One wonders what his thoughts would have been, if he'd compared it with a 206 AWD.

I remain impressed & totally satisfied with mine. My wife thought I had gone crackers when I bought this one. She saw no reason not to stay in the 3T V6. She now thinks it a great decision & loves the comfort & all the refinements in the 206.

I'm still of the opinion these car sell themselves to anyone who stumbles upon them. Can you imagine what the demand would be if VAG/Skoda Aust launched a serious marketing campaign? So far they've only advertised to night owls sitting up very late to watch the Tour de France! A bot like political parties putting maximum effort into targeting the demographic who already votes for them.

backdoc
01-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Did you get a MY16 or MY17 build car backdoc?

I got the last production day of the MY16 lol

Stuff like that would usually bother me big time and I was offered a later build allocation, but I actually saw no benefit in it at all for some extra interior LED colours and to have rimless rear vision mirror. Anything more substantial and I would have waited for sure.

My wife and I really like the green LED light and we're never going to change it, so it wouldn't really matter if I had 2 or 9 other colours I wasn't going to use at my disposal!

Enobar
02-08-2016, 10:49 AM
I got the last production day of the MY16 lol

Stuff like that would usually bother me big time and I was offered a later build allocation, but I actually saw no benefit in it at all for some extra interior LED colours and to have rimless rear vision mirror. Anything more substantial and I would have waited for sure.

My wife and I really like the green LED light and we're never going to change it, so it wouldn't really matter if I had 2 or 9 other colours I wasn't going to use at my disposal!

Last day! Crazy timing.. lol.

Out of interest why'd you decide to change from the A45? My shortlist of cars before ordering the Skoda was the A45 or GLA45, the Golf R or the BMW 3 series, so interesting that you went from the A45 -> Superb.. I thought I was the only one shopping cars quite that diverse.. lol.

backdoc
02-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Last day! Crazy timing.. lol.

Out of interest why'd you decide to change from the A45? My shortlist of cars before ordering the Skoda was the A45 or GLA45, the Golf R or the BMW 3 series, so interesting that you went from the A45 -> Superb.. I thought I was the only one shopping cars quite that diverse.. lol.

I had the CLA45. I ordered it in April 2013 and received the car in July 2014! In August 2015 we had baby number 3. I could fit 2 seats in the CLA, but not 3. Even the C-class is too small for 3 seats. I'm driving our older Octavia RS for now, which by the way, is still a terrific car, and then the plan is to get the C63s sedan in 2018 when our eldest comes out of a car seat.