PDA

View Full Version : Yeti Ambition Voice recognition

SGG
05-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Hello All

Dopey Q time.

Every second or third time I start my car I get this female voice telling me that the voice recognition language has been changed to english .... does anyone know how to to switch this off. I have been through every MFD option I can find with no success so far.

spud75
05-02-2015, 09:01 AM
What is the head unit? RNS510? Columbus?

What firmware version?

Do you use the voice recognition?

rabbitz
05-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Amundsen unit is in the MY14 Yeti Ambition.

Try changing the language to English in the MFD. Then do the same in the Amundsen unit via Setup > System > Language. Make sure it's not set to Adaptive. This may help.

SGG
07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
What is the head unit? RNS510? Columbus?

What firmware version?

Do you use the voice recognition?

I have the Bolero Radio headset....will have to check the firmware....No I do not use voice recognition and I have no idea why that lady is talking to me :)

FYI....I have a Dec 13 manufactured/May 14 compliance ambition (17" tyres and upgraded sound but no reversing camera only rear sensors)

SGG
07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Amundsen unit is in the MY14 Yeti Ambition.

Try changing the language to English in the MFD. Then do the same in the Amundsen unit via Setup > System > Language. Make sure it's not set to Adaptive. This may help.

Done and Done (I have the Bolero H/Unit and have set the language to English from Automatic) ... will see what happens.

SGG
07-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Another minor matter is that when I start the car and then put it into drive there is a delay in the D1 coming up on the MFD making me look down at the gear stick to see whether I am in drive (during the day its hard to see which letter is lit up). Some days the D1 comes up straight away while in other days it doesn't ... any thoughts anyone ?