PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM for 5C 118TSI beetle will it work with this model and have full functionality

ohhbugger
26-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Hi All,

i am considering purchasing one of these but i have never used one but i am experienced in other scan tool equipment.
(Tech 2, Detroit DDec, Hino DX, Mancats 2, Cat ET, Hyundai HCE-*‐DT, Iveco/Astra Easy, Manitou Diag Tablet, cummins insight)
but this one looks like it be a little tricky with all this coding involved.
i am wanting it for data logging engine parameters, diagnosing fault codes, and i want to lean to code options for any new items i may fit to the car in the future.

long story short i have been having a boost issue from the car since new that the dealer and VWA technical support (so the dealer tells me) has not been able to rectify, i am at the point of frustration to take matters into my own hands and attempt to diagnose the fault myself and then go back to the dealer for warranty with the relevant data they require to make a claim.

for what i want to achieve which tool should i be looking at ? also is the software mac compatible or only runs on pc ?

Thank you all.

Transporter
26-01-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm sure you mean the VCDS from RossTech. You shouldn't have a problem using it, but it runs only on the windows PCs.

ohhbugger
26-01-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm sure you mean the VCDS from RossTech. You shouldn't have a problem using it, but it runs only on the windows PCs.
ok thanks for the response transporter, i might consider buying one and seeing if it will help me find the cause of the problem i'm having