PDA

View Full Version : Dynamat

jasn78
18-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok guys after spending 4 hours today getting dynamat off my door liners got a couple ideas to save any1 else the hassle.

1. DONT DO IT:) well obviously not every1s idea of a fix but it would save alot of pain and cuts:)
2. When getting it laid get them to either put it on the inside of the door liner not the outside so that when your mechanic needs to get to something on the outside it aint covered in sticky sh*t.
3. When they have to lay it on the outside over parts get the parts covered and then put duct tape down over the door liner and i mean all over the door liner then stick the dynamat to the duct tape as i can tell you duct tape is much much easier to remove then dynamat.
4. If you have already laid it down i found best tools where bit of muscle and peel the main stuff off then get a scraper blade of somesort (flatmate is a signwriter so i had plenty) once most is scrapped off get some turps and rags and using a rag soaked in turps clean the rest.

Have fun

MattyT
18-11-2007, 07:39 PM
My doors are getting dynamatted this week, I might ask em to stick it on the inside of the door liner!

Especially with our golfs "charming" window regs!

jasn78
18-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Know all about those lovely regulators matt the 97 polo i had was infamous for that feature. if they do put it on the outside make sure they cover the regulator with something so u dont get tar all over it

BlackVr6ix
19-11-2007, 08:02 AM
i normally cover the openings separately with mdf covered in matting and some small self tappers to hold it in place, that way you can easily remove the panel if you need to change a regulator.