PDA

View Full Version : Caddy Maxi Air Con

craig_the_german
10-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone.
I am considering buying a used Caddy Maxi Crewvan (5 seater) and was just wondering if anyone had one and what the air con was like in them.
We will have someone on the back seats and dogs at the very rear.
Is the air con up to keeping the whole cab cool? Does the Maxi Life (7 seater) run the same air con system? They don't appear to have rear vents either.
Any info would be great.
Thanks

Umai Naa!!
10-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Caddy Maxi and Caddy run the same air con as a Golf.

I'd go the Maxi Life over the stripped-out van for its better cabin insulation, which would result in a more efficient use of the air con.

craig_the_german
10-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the info. It is pretty much what we thought. I have a MKVI Golf and I doubt the air con would be enough to cool the entire area.
We intend to transport dogs in the back and they really don't appreciate the carpets and 32 cup holders :) For us, all of the extra trim takes up valuable space.
We had thought of the Maxi Life and removing all of the extra trim / seats but you are paying a lot for bits and pieces you leave in the garage.

vdubmotorworx
10-01-2015, 09:15 PM
get some dark tint on the rear windows..makes a big difference....i have a caddy van with rear doors and front doors in lets say " very dark tint" :) and i put a reflector windscreen blind in when parked up and even on the hottest days its still cool inside after being parked up all day

Skoda VW
19-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Our Caddy Maxi Life does cope on hot Adelaide summer days, although you will go deaf as the fans run almost flat out on Auto mode.

The kids in the third row don't complain.

As vdubmotorworx mentioned having tinted windows helps and our maxi life came standard with factory dark tint glass on the rears.

jorgocaddy
15-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Maxi life has vents in back of centre console but no others in the rear in my 09.
I have to run my aircon on full for a good 10 minutes to get it cooled enough to turn down on a 30+ day.