PDA

View Full Version : Fix for creaking sunroof - clean the trailing edge rubber seal

sucnip
02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
I've been trying to track down an intermittent rattle that only happens over very rough roads and sounds like it's coming from somewhere between the passenger side dash, glove box, sunroof, visor or B-pillar. Today I realised that the sound goes away when you crack the sunroof open every so slightly. Think four micro-presses - enough to just break the seal.

The solution: clean the trailing edge of the sunroof rubber seal.

Can anyone recommend a product to lubricate this? Perhaps something similar to what's used on the Eos roof??

Cheers,
David

egipp
03-01-2015, 06:13 AM
I've been trying to track down an intermittent rattle that only happens over very rough roads and sounds like it's coming from somewhere between the passenger side dash, glove box, sunroof, visor or B-pillar. Today I realised that the sound goes away when you crack the sunroof open every so slightly. Think four micro-presses - enough to just break the seal.

The solution: clean the trailing edge of the sunroof rubber seal.

Can anyone recommend a product to lubricate this? Perhaps something similar to what's used on the Eos roof??

Cheers,
David

Try using a silicone spray, probably best applied by spraying onto a clean cloth and then rubbing along the seal.
Regards,
Graham

JustCruisn
03-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Gummi Pflege has proven to be a great product for conditioning rubber
Einszett Gummi Pflege Stick (http://www.waxit.com.au/products/einszett-gummi-pflege-stick)