PDA

View Full Version : Rust Bullet

anarchycamp
13-11-2007, 09:09 PM
While i have my seats, carpets etc out I was thinking it might be worth applying something like Rust Bullet to the low lying areas of the Floor Pan.

http://www.rustbullet.com.au/

Has anyone had any experience with this product or anything similar?

Cheers,

Simon

RedMk2Gti
13-11-2007, 10:17 PM
While i have my seats, carpets etc out I was thinking it might be worth applying something like Rust Bullet to the low lying areas of the Floor Pan.

http://www.rustbullet.com.au/

Has anyone had any experience with this product or anything similar?

Cheers,

Simon

I use POR15 in my Mk1 project, it is the best.

Jarred
13-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Yea this stuff looks good. I've also heard about stuff that actually chemically changes rust (iron oxide i think) into something else that isn't rust. Apparently it makes the rust sold so you can bog on it etc. not sure of a name tho... :???:

anarchycamp
14-11-2007, 06:47 AM
I use POR15 in my Mk1 project, it is the best.

Yeah from what ive heard POR15 is the standard alternative to Rust Bullet and then people fight it out as to what is best :D

How did you apply the POR15? Brushed on? Its black too isnt it?

RedMk2Gti
14-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah from what ive heard POR15 is the standard alternative to Rust Bullet and then people fight it out as to what is best :D

How did you apply the POR15? Brushed on? Its black too isnt it?

For floor pan repair, I just brushed it, go to go-lo or any bargain shop to get cheapest paintbrush, use once and throw it away, don't bother to clean it up as it just waste of turpentine. IIRC it has either black or grey. I'm about to finish the whole floor plan in next 2 weeks, will post some pic after that.

I haven't scientifically compared RustBullet and POR15, but I'm really happy with POR15 so just didn't bother to look for other products, if you keep compare you'll just hang on google and never buy anything :D

If I ever do next project i may try Rustbullet cos it appears to be cheaper ...

anarchycamp
14-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah it does seem to be cheaper.....

Are you priming/painting over the top after? whats the plan?

RedMk2Gti
14-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Are you priming/painting over the top after?

Who care priming/painting over it, cos it'll be covered by carpet eventually :) POR15 (or RB) already provide excellent rust protection, unless you paint exterior otherwise you don't need anything on top.

whats the plan?
next stage will be exterior, get professional to do it, when i have $$$ :rolleyes:

anarchycamp
14-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah i was gonna leave the floorpans as just the Rust Bullet finish...the colour isnt far off my body work anyway...and as you said...carpets ;)

Will probably order 1 Pint ($45) of the stuff for my Floor Pans off their website...not sure if its sold off the shelf or not?

anarchycamp
21-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Got my Can O' Rust Bullet today, speedy delivery and helpful service from Andrew Darr who is the Aus Distributor....am away this weekend but will attempt to get one section done soon....pics will follow :)

He sent me a pair of Rubber Gloves too haha...i heard the stuff can be nasty when applying it and stinks like nothing else...will see!!! j: