PDA

View Full Version : SuperCharger for R36

Timlin
02-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi all

At last I've found what I think is a great option if you're wanting to get a little more from your engine.

These guys: Passat 3,6 V6 R36 Rotrex V3 Kompressor kit - SKR-Engineering (http://www.auto-gruppen.se/webshop/skr_swe/passat-3-6-v6-r36-rotrex-v3-kompressor-kit.html)

They make the full kit using a reputable Rotrex Compressor and include installation at just under US$10k!

I've been researching the forced induction option for my car for some time now and I can tell you this is the cheapest option I've seen! It just all bolts straight on... no decompression plates required, it all just fits!

Evidently they have a workshop in Adelaide who they've authorised as installers, so I'm pretty keen for another 100BHP!

AT

tinto
02-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Nice! Nearest competitor would be at least double those $.
Looks like they retain the FSI too.

XXX-1.8T
03-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Wow!

Go for a drive to Adelaide!

wags
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Any idea who the workshop in Adelaide is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kamold
07-12-2014, 07:02 PM
GET TO THA CHOPPA!!!!

Do it. Then let us know how awesome it is so we can cry.

WhO
11-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Oh.... Do want! Is there any more info about the Adelaide based workshop?

WhO
11-12-2014, 11:10 AM
And is there info in english anywhere about the kit?

Timlin
11-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Their website has an English option.

Timlin
11-12-2014, 08:33 PM
They state:

These parts are specially ordered and made on your command, therefore we need a payment in advance on 50% of the whole amount and that NO return is valid on these special parts. All modification of the stock engine brings a risk that you should be aware of. All power numbers are approximate and may differ from car to car!

The kit is based on a rotrex supercharger which is the condition for boost-pressure and power from low rpms. Power and torque increases with approximately 40% in stage 1, the maximum torque comes at 1000rpm lower than original.

The kit is developed so that you don't have to change anything in your stock car and keep it intact.

Key to the Rotrex supercharger's unique compactness, efficiency, low noise and reliability is its state of the art traction drive technology.

Great speeds and low noise are just some of the advantages of traction drives over traditional gear transmissions. Traction drives transmit power through friction forces between its rolling elements.

The Rotrex patented traction drive uses an elastic annulus with a small pre-span to secure contact between the roller planets and the sun shaft with a reasonable force. The patented "ramp effect" increases efficiency and reliability in the transmission by regulating the torque transfer capability on demand through self-adjusting planet geometry.

To enhance performance, the Rotrex traction drive uses a special traction fluid. These fluids are a new family of synthetic hydrocarbon oils and greases offering a series of unique performance advantages. Developed specially for its use in Rotrex superchargers, the SX100 momentarily increases viscosity under high surface pressure, enhancing the traction drive performance by securing the optimum friction between rolling elements while cooling and protecting the system.

This traction drive combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression, characterised by high adiabatic efficiency and low noise, gives Rotrex superchargers an exceptional competitive edge over any other forced induction solution.

The basic kit that is possible to evolve without changing any of the components just by providing with more parts to get a higher boost pressure and by doing that get more power. RV3 is able to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 to stage 3.

We recommend that you also upgrade the brakes, original brakes are not adequate for the new engine power. Power is nothing without control

Mr R36
09-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Any updates on this? Am considering it

Timlin
15-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Sadly not... The European company is reluctant to sell the package if they don't actually install it themselves. And the Adelaide connection is no longer associated with them, so its a no-go thus far...

Any updates on this? Am considering it

Mr R36
20-06-2015, 01:05 AM
Who was the Adelaide company do you recall? I don't quite like the S4 enough to buy it and the uniqueness of a charged 36 has still got me hooked. There's gotta be a way. My friend in Sweden is asking the company for me.

Do you know whether it will fit Right have drive?

Josho
21-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Any update on this???

Vr32wa
21-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Also keen on any updates!

Sent via courier pigeon

Napkin
10-08-2017, 09:05 PM
we did a r36, 3,6, 3,2 supercharger kit a week ago. www.carlicious-parts.com
you can also find pics on instagram and facebook.

Napkin
12-08-2017, 03:18 AM
we did a r36, 3,6, 3,2 supercharger kit a week ago. www.carlicious-parts.com
you can also find pics on instagram and facebook.

here we go

Napkin
20-12-2017, 05:33 AM
so we are doing a 10.9 from 100-200kilometers per hour.
and 4.7 from 0-100 with wheelspin

Greggles
27-02-2022, 07:56 PM
Hi, just saw this post. Do you still have the car? How is the supercharger performing? And engine and drivetrain? Cheers