PDA

View Full Version : Rear Spoiler Trim Loose

vk6tnc
29-11-2014, 04:05 PM
The black spoiler trims on both sides of the rear window are loose. They appeared to be stuck down with an adhesive that is now covered in dust and has lost its stick.

Has anyone else experienced this? Was it a dealer or DIY fix?

my car is a Red GTI Build 02/2014

hainsey
29-11-2014, 05:23 PM
yeah mate, i had the problem in my R

went into the dealer under warranty and asked them to adhesive it back down with new stuff and they insisted on getting a new panel with the adhesive on it, that was all good and well, until they ordered one side of the spoiler and only fitted that one side, another 8 weeks later the part for the other side has not turned up.
but yes it is warranty.

vk6tnc
29-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply hainsey. The UK has just come out of their summer and it's mentioned all over their forums too :-( Some people have reported the new one coming loose again too. So it's not just our Aussie sun and dust.....

vdubmotorworx
29-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Seen a few of these... the piece gets replaced and comes from factory with new tape on. If i was you ask them to put a little strong glue on aswell when fitting the new trims....VDUB...

vk6tnc
29-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Looks like I will re glue it with some Soudal Fix all. And then prep the Dealer for my first service around April...First issue so far :-)

dening
29-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Looks like I will re glue it with some Soudal Fix all. And then prep the Dealer for my first service around April...First issue so far :-)
I wouldn't diy it, as you could run the risk of a warranty assessor saying it was your fault or you trying to cover damage you caused.

Dutch77
29-11-2014, 09:50 PM
I noticed mine has been less than 'structurally sound' for a while but never thought to check to see if it was a common fault - I'd hazard a guess the same dip****s who designed that part were also part of the engineering team working on Mk6/7 door seals. ;)

dening
29-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Yeah i noticed that mine was coming up a while ago. I've just pushed it back in a little every now and then. I think it'll probably get worse over summer so I'll get it looked at later on.

GolfVII
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM
I had the same problem on the R-Line spoiler and dealer fixed it without a fuss, still waiting on the passenger interior light switch that is dodgy. Both issues were booked in on the same day (27/10/2014) just the switch needed to be ordered as its a whole single unit not a switch swap out.

To fix the spoiler it took them about 60 minutes to complete and that side is now rock solid but the other side looks like it will give way in the next few washes :(

vk6tnc
01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, I'm booked in to the Dealer on Thursday :-)