PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Panelbeater

PeterHBne
11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Anyone know of a good body shop in Brisbane?

Rear quarter panel on 07 Polo GTI needs some (probably) non-insurance help.

Thanks.

DaveMack
12-11-2007, 01:18 AM

Thanks.

Eurobody
22 Neon Street,
Jindalee
QLD 4074
Ph: 3378 2966

They're very good, Pete.

Dave

quozl
12-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Thanks.

Shipstone, They do all the work for Audi, VW , BMW, MB, Ferrari etc

http://www.shipstone.com.au

112 Bowen St Windsor
3857 4142

PeterHBne
12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks fellas!

Will look into both.

quozl
12-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks fellas!

Will look into both.

No problem ask for Paul

DionM
17-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Had some good work done by "The Bump Shop" in Eagle Farm on my old Freelander. They were the only guys who were going to panelbeat vs bogfill a crease down the side. Blended the dark metallic grey beautifully.

PeterHBne
18-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Ah yes I forgot about The Bump Shop. Will get a quote from them as well.

Just inder $4,000 to replace a rear quarter panel. No-one wants to panelbeat it - too hard I'm told.

Even though to me the damage is not that bad - no panel creases and the paint hasnt even being taken off.

Replacing involves pulling apart large parts of the car which I'm not keen on at all.

I think this is the throwaway mentality at play. Plus replacing costs more.

PeterHBne
05-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Ahh well - time for a little front end work after a stupid incident :duh:

I've tried Eurobody but their number is not connected (still in business?).

Shipstone cant take a booking until Feb.

Bump Shop were OK last time but I had a few issues.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks'in advance!

DaveMack
06-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Jimmy (Jmac) tells me Eurobody went out of business. Shame ... they did good work.

Dave

Jmac
06-01-2009, 02:40 AM
As an ex motor vehicle assessor i could probably name plenty. They all have their good days and bad. Most of the shops will be booked till Feb with the Chrissy backlog, i know being an assessor then is a nightmare.
From memory For a half decent job try Buranda Motor body works logan rd Buranda, GJ Cotterill Taylor st Bulimba, My mate Ivan at SouthEast Smash repairs Beaudesert rd Coopers plains, Crawford Crash Repairs the are in Eurobodys old site in Sumner park, they do high volume but good work. Thats a few i know, there is more if they are all booked , let me know
Cheers
Jmac

Spec83
06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I had my RHS rear 1/4 fixed at Shipstones and they did a great job... Panel was creased from a rear end hit...

They did not want to replace the panel so they beat and filed the panel down with little to no use of bog. The paint matched perfectly and there are no tell tail 'ripples' down the pannel.

+1 from me!!!

PeterHBne
06-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks fellas!

shaneth
09-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey Peter, Never had work done here but when ever i have been there they always did good work and had some very exxy cars there. From memory they are also the only ones i had seen that had the equipment to make there own panels which was interesting to see.

http://www.exclusiveautocentre.com.au/

Jmac
09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah thats Nick at exclusive , we took Ferraris and Lambos to him when i was at Audi. He looks after a few of them too. Always nice toys in that shop
Jmac

AusScare
02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Need my front right quarter fixed up, looking for someone near to Clayfield area.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7782/dint2.jpg

Any ideas on how much this will cost me, or should I just go in for a quote?

cheers

AusScare
12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Need my front right quarter fixed up, looking for someone near to Clayfield area.

I'm gonna drive round to that Shipstone place and get a quote now that I have my licence. They look expensive, if anyone can recomend a cheaper alternative for such a small job let me know.