PDA

View Full Version : Best polish ever!

nashan
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok guys, ive been looking around trying to decide what polishes and/or waxes to use as the time was coming up for the dreading full polish. Ive been reading up on some previous forums and decided to go with the Meguiars range.

-First I used the Meguiars ScratchX on the small scatches
-Then did panel by panel with the Meguiars quik clay and quick detailer for lube (comes in a kit)
-Wiped lube off with a 100% cotton Towel and waited to dry
-Finally used the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax in liquid form.

I cant believe how good it came up! It took all of about 3 hours but was so well worth it. Came up like glass and is now shinier than ever. Definately recommended to everyone thinking of doing a full wax/polish. Hope this helps anyone in the future!

99gti
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
3 hours to do the whole thing? I only got hald of my car done in 3 hours and that was with clay, polish and wax.

Good work. Did you do it by hand or with a polisher?

BL33SU
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
nice work!! any1 wanna polish my car for $$?

Lukev85
09-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Maguires that da bomb

Soundofav6
09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I have used their product as well the clay and tech wax too.. the best in wax market I have used so far.
I found Super Resin Polish by auto glym, similar to megire scratch X but 10 times better, honestly.

Was helping a friend, polishing his black car with scratch X but it was so hard to polish off, we ended up using the super resin polish all over again. Clear difference !!! I think they are similar price too.

Also used Meguiare's clearner clay (the Big red tub) . RUBISH... left dust particles at the end. Nothing beats tech wax, and I love the smell of it.

Soundofav6
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
nice work!! any1 wanna polish my car for $$?

Sure mate .. drive it over .. Honestly I love polishing with a passion.. just pay me for the products.

nashan
09-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah did it by hand, my car wasnt badly scratched before doing it though. Only had to use the scatchx on the bonnet and front L/H quarter panel. O and it only cost $75 all up. Not too bad for a show room finish! Ill post some photos when the weather clears up (if ever that is).

99gti
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Mothers clay I found great.

Meguires polish (crystal something it was called) was crap! I wanna re-do it.

What is it with jazz blue and bird ****. They just love my car when ever it has been cleaned.

Soundofav6
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah did it by hand, my car wasnt badly scratched before doing it though. Only had to use the scatchx on the bonnet and front L/H quarter panel. O and it only cost $75 all up. Not too bad for a show room finish! Ill post some photos when the weather clears up (if ever that is).

Wow man you got yourseld a bargin... $75 is not bad at all !!! Just the clay and tech wax. I paid $73.

Since we use the same product I want to convince you to use super resin polish, I was alreayd happy with the tech wax but SRP just brought it up to a different level. I am willing to give you my old bottle.. still have a few good drops.

If feels so nice driving a a freshly waxed car huh.

nashan
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Im yet to take it for a drive! Its been raining for the last five days. starting to clear up this arvo so ill be taking it for a spin then. I think i know the stuff your talking about. I was half way between the two. O and the $75 didnt include the scratchX. I had that already. :rolleyes: Forgot to mention that before. Still a good price with cotton hand towel and adapter pads!

I tell you what though, it wasnt an easy job! Alot of wipe on, wipe off, wipe on, wipe off!

Soundofav6
09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I tell you what though, it wasnt an easy job! Alot of wipe on, wipe off, wipe on, wipe off!

Yeah man.. I still rememebr the second day when I had the car. I started from 7am - 5pm and meat pie and beer for lunch. Well that included carpet, window in and out polish and buckets of leaf from engine bay.

NickZ
23-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm going to polish/wax my car soon. My car is only six months old, but was going to do the following:

1. Wash with NXT Generation car wash
2. Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner (I have used another brand of polish before and wasn't that impressed, so thought this would remove it)
3. NXT Generation Tech Wax Liquid

The question is, with this new wax liquid, do I need to apply a polish before it, like DC Polish? Or is the wax liquid a combination of polish and wax?

Also, unfortunately I had a bird crap stain which has marked my paint near my front bumper :(. What product gives me the best chance to remove it?

rayray086
23-12-2007, 12:40 PM
If it's only recent, using a clay bar would work well getting rid of the stains. I've had every piece of grime/dirt/**** taken off with a clay bar except for small specks that have been unfortunately embedded into the paint.

I don't know much about the NXT range, but I'd think using a dedicated polish followed by a wax would be best. Polish clears the paint of any impurities whereas wax puts a layer of protection on, so I would polish it first!

Happy detailing!

REDMKVGTI
23-12-2007, 01:10 PM
If it's hints and tips you need then have a read of this forum. (http://www.finalinspection.com.au/forums/) Awesome info, although a lot of the products you will hear them refer to are not the available from Kmart/autobarn/repco type of product (not necessarily more expensive)...

I had the guy that runs that forum do a stage two on my baby and it has come up so god dam sexy it's not funny. I used to do the megs thing, and for a brief period the auto glym thing, but they don't compare, it's a good off he shelf product, but....

Eddy
23-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok guys, ive been looking around trying to decide what polishes and/or waxes to use as the time was coming up for the dreading full polish. Ive been reading up on some previous forums and decided to go with the Meguiars range.

-First I used the Meguiars ScratchX on the small scatches
-Then did panel by panel with the Meguiars quik clay and quick detailer for lube (comes in a kit)
-Wiped lube off with a 100% cotton Towel and waited to dry
-Finally used the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax in liquid form.

I cant believe how good it came up! It took all of about 3 hours but was so well worth it. Came up like glass and is now shinier than ever. Definately recommended to everyone thinking of doing a full wax/polish. Hope this helps anyone in the future!

Hoyhoy.
This is only my opinion, but you'll find that a polish before the wax will give a better shine along with depth of colour & that the NXT paste outways the liquid. I'm 54yrs old & been there & done that.
http://http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/11/20071126019s30-1.jpg

MattyT
23-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Have used meguiars nxt paste and it's sweeet. The smell makes me think of wimminz j:

Mines due for a full going over - clay, polish, wax, leather wash, interior scrub, windows in and out etc etc - and I'm going to go nuts and do it with Zymol. Pricey I know, but I wanna see what it can do.

Eddy
23-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Have used meguiars nxt paste and it's sweeet. The smell makes me think of wimminz j:

Mines due for a full going over - clay, polish, wax, leather wash, interior scrub, windows in and out etc etc - and I'm going to go nuts and do it with Zymol. Pricey I know, but I wanna see what it can do.

Hoyhoy.
Yeah, I've done the scratchX -- polish -- wax, (NXT wax paste).
---this time done the claybar -- polish -- wax, all Meguiars (NXT wax paste) & I reckon this was a better result.

NickZ
23-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the advice boys...

Will have a go with the claybar, polish and wax (heard great things about this NXT wax stuff), maybe on boxing day with a couple of beers and the cricket in the background.... damn I love this time of year :D

rayray086
23-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Make sure it's under shade!