PDA

View Full Version : regular melb event

Tim
09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
ok.
Ive been thinking again. (and yes it does hurt)

What im thinking is that it would be nice to have a regular cruise schedule. Perhaps maybe one every second month. Id be happy to organise them or map them or whatever. The event may not necessarily be a cruise though. It could be a go-karting outting? a night out for pool and drinks? whatever. Just a regular gathering.

but yeah would the rest of you melbourne guys be in favour of a "first sunday of every second month" kinda setup?

anyways. share your thoughts with meeee.

Tim
09-11-2007, 10:38 AM
if anyone wants to throw ideas at me without cluttering up the thread i can be abused on msn >>==> stpdhd@hotmail.com

99gti
09-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I like the sound of that - works good for me.

velly_16v_cab
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
this is what we do back in the uk, basically a monthly meet in the evening at a local pub with plenty of parking space and talk cars all night lol

ok the extra activies are great you just a regular to help arrange everything would be cool.

im up for helping out (done this sort of thing in the past lol)
i was thinking of setting one up but with out my VW i seem to lack some drive at the mo :(

Tim
09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Its been suggest to me that some people may prefer saturdays. Which is fine. But thats a day that i work 9 - 5 so unless it is some sort of evening activity then it will require someone else to step up to the plate and organise.

Also. If anyone has some cool ideas on what they wanna do. i can start penciling things in.

I find it disturbing that the syd guys can get 35 people to a cruise and the most we can muster is around 15 or so. I refuse to lay down and die! even if it means kidnapping, hog tying and stuffing 20 of you in my boot.

rayray086
09-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I find it disturbing that the syd guys can get 35 people to a cruise and the most we can muster is around 15 or so. I refuse to lay down and die! even if it means kidnapping, hog tying and stuffing 20 of you in my boot.

j: That's 35 cars actually! Definitely more people than that! :D

Tim
09-11-2007, 01:42 PM
see! we are being mocked! :D

vkswgn
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM

You can make that 16 or so very soon - I'm changing jobs shortly and that means no more weekend work :) so I plan on adding a few more kays to my Polo with you guys (I've only done 8000 in 12 months!). But the hog-tying doesn't sound like too bad of an idea either - save on petrol, chance to get to know people, etc.

velly_16v_cab
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
getting good numbers just doesnt happen over night, its taken 18months for newportedition to get those numbers every month.
even if just 5 cars (or about 10 people) turn up its a starting point....remember its a marathon not a sprint as you want to keep this alive ;)

Tim
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
getting good numbers just doesnt happen over night, its taken 18months for newportedition to get those numbers every month.
even if just 5 cars (or about 10 people) turn up its a starting point....remember its a marathon not a sprint as you want to keep this alive ;)

we have been kicking about this place for longer than 18 months! interest has been dwindling i think just due to lack of direction.
And 5 cars makes for a great cruise yes! we did matts cruise to mt donna buang not long ago and had a great day. dont get me wrong. Im just stirring the pot.

Also having a regular thing organised i dont expect to see the same people every time.

if you have a look back towards some of the older threads then you will see a lot of potential get togethers have been abandonned due to lack of direction or clear indication of whats going to take place. Thats the main thing i want to avoid.

BlackVr6ix
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm up for it tim. give us a yell if you need/want help organising it.

99gti
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
It doesn't always have to be a cruise. Now the weather is getting back on our side, even a catch up during the week for a bite to eat would be good. Just a suegstion, why dont we organise a picknic at Albert park near our meeting point of late. It's a great spot to have a sausage sanga, a couple of tins and good old yarn.

Just a starting point...

Water Boy
09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
For sure id be up for this even though i wont be driving (1 year to go) but id be happy to come along...

Events like:
Go-karting (Golfman works at Acekart)
Bike ride
Pinic
Tassie Trip
Calder Drags
Simulators
Slot car racing
Dyno shoot outs
More motorsport events such as track days

Plus all the other regular drives ect :D

For sure :D

FknDubbin
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
For sure id be up for this even though i wont be driving (1 year to go) but id be happy to come along...

Events like:
Go-karting (Golfman works at Acekart)
Bike ride
Pinic
Tassie Trip
Calder Drags
Simulators
Slot car racing
Dyno shoot outs
More motorsport events such as track days

Plus all the other regular drives ect :D

Take your skirt off man!!!

BlackVr6ix
09-11-2007, 07:08 PM

Events like:
Bike ride

TAKE THAT BACK!

Water Boy
09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Take your skirt off man!!!

I mean cruise and then a pinic thingo :rolleyes:

Water Boy
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
TAKE THAT BACK!

Man everyone loves riding a pushi mate... VW's and pushies are my life... We came go down the jumps wat ever u know u wana get on a bike...

Few pics of me on the pushi

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/11/6-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/11/2-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/11/9-2.jpg

We can do this :D

Sorry i know its OT but i love riding

Ben_GTI
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Yea I'm down for whatever day on the weekend. Just let me know where and I'll be there with the GTI or the Mk3.

GoLfMan
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
id be up for that, sounds like a mighty fine idea :)!

Water Boy
09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
id be up for that, sounds like a mighty fine idea :)!

So does that mean some go-karting.... Hint hint :D

velly_16v_cab
10-11-2007, 09:14 AM
we have been kicking about this place for longer than 18 months! interest has been dwindling i think just due to lack of direction.
And 5 cars makes for a great cruise yes! we did matts cruise to mt donna buang not long ago and had a great day. dont get me wrong. Im just stirring the pot.

Also having a regular thing organised i dont expect to see the same people every time.

if you have a look back towards some of the older threads then you will see a lot of potential get togethers have been abandonned due to lack of direction or clear indication of whats going to take place. Thats the main thing i want to avoid.

sorry time, i was thinking more along the line of just a monthly meeting not a monthly cruise. if you had a meeting you can then flyer all other VAG's to join and at the meeting you can then sort out the trips, gokarting etc.
The plus side to a meeting is that it can start at say 7.30pm and run till 11pm and you can turn up at what ever time and stay for how ever long you want.
Meeting like with will then start your main core of dubbers and help to keep the word going strong.

(sorry, just my 2p's worth...it just how we do it back in the uk and i feel it will work here too):???:;)

Tim
10-11-2007, 10:05 AM
certainly. Im thinking its best to mix it up. That way it will appeal to a broader number of people

GoLfMan
11-11-2007, 09:14 AM
So does that mean some go-karting.... Hint hint :D
come down when im working and ill give you $1 laps. saves you $20 :) and i could prob get a discount rate for a group session

Ben_GTI
11-11-2007, 11:05 AM
come down when im working and ill give you $1 laps. saves you $20 :) and i could prob get a discount rate for a group session

Okay guys, that offer is good for me!!! So when are we going karting?? Hopefully its not raining because its a kart cruise and not a car cruise.

Tim
11-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Okay guys, that offer is good for me!!! So when are we going karting?? Hopefully its not raining because its a kart cruise and not a car cruise.

are u kidding? karts are more fun when the track is wet!

FknDubbin
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah but you wouldnt know how to drive in the wet Tim and all the MKV boys. Traction control takes the fun out of it!

Tim
11-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah but you wouldnt know how to drive in the wet Tim and all the MKV boys. Traction control takes the fun out of it!

we'll settle this on the go kart track!

BlackVr6ix
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM

must be why Carl kicked everyone's butt last time!

Tim
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
ok boys and girls.
Im thinking of organising another event for sunday 20th of jan.
Just some thoughts on what u guys would prefer to do.

Im thinking another cruise/lunch somewhere. Open to suggestions but would like to lock it in soonish so people have plenty of notice and no excuse not to attend! :P But yeah maybe hit the dandenongs and check out skyhigh or something up that way.

If people would prefer a more social event then thats fine. perhaps a drive up arthurs seat on the mornington peninsula and then dinner at the restaurant up top? Go there regularly and its usually nice.

I also plan to have a chat to golfman and see whats involved in a group booking at the karts as that was lots of fun last time.

BlackVr6ix
12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
i'm out :( i'll be in New Zealand. Good luck anyway, i'll make sure Carl has my cb's.

Water Boy
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
ok boys and girls.
Im thinking of organising another event for sunday 20th of jan.
Just some thoughts on what u guys would prefer to do.

Im thinking another cruise/lunch somewhere. Open to suggestions but would like to lock it in soonish so people have plenty of notice and no excuse not to attend! :P But yeah maybe hit the dandenongs and check out skyhigh or something up that way.

If people would prefer a more social event then thats fine. perhaps a drive up arthurs seat on the mornington peninsula and then dinner at the restaurant up top? Go there regularly and its usually nice.

I also plan to have a chat to golfman and see whats involved in a group booking at the karts as that was lots of fun last time.

Sounds sweet as Tim... I hope my car should be rego'd by then if not ill catch a lift...

Also im fully up for karting and if we need more people iv got easy 4 mates who r good karters who could come to make up numba's :)