PDA

View Full Version : Mk7 Sunroof Rattle

Jazrod
01-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Hey guys,

I have the most infuriating rattle coming from the "panoramic" sunroof in my MkVII GTI. It ONLY occurs when the roof is closed. Any bump on any road, it's constant.

Tilt or open, it's 100% eliminated.

My old 103TSI with sunroof didn't do this and I'll be taking it back to VW shortly.

Anyone else experienced this or know what it might be?

scoobyrex
01-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Lube all your seals, you might be surprised :)

Jazrod
01-10-2014, 11:01 PM
What do you use?

nikmorris
02-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Hey Jazrod, I had same/similar issue where it rattled over most little bumps and as you mentioned, in the closed position only. I took mine into the dealership twice. First time it didn't rattle with the technician in the car so they thought I was silly. The second time, I let them have the car overnight and they heard it on one of the test drives. Can't remember exactly what it was but I think it had to do with the framework. Anyways placed some foam/padding in there and since then its been fine!

I hope this helps. I can completely understand your pain

Jazrod
02-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Hey Jazrod, I had same/similar issue where it rattled over most little bumps and as you mentioned, in the closed position only. I took mine into the dealership twice. First time it didn't rattle with the technician in the car so they thought I was silly. The second time, I let them have the car overnight and they heard it on one of the test drives. Can't remember exactly what it was but I think it had to do with the framework. Anyways placed some foam/padding in there and since then its been fine!

I hope this helps. I can completely understand your pain

By the look of your signature it looks like we have the same car haha. Yeah it has, thanks. Mine is very audible and isn't intermittent so it will be heard haha.

nikmorris
02-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Lol, yea minus the driver assist. All the best with getting it sorted out

NCGR1
05-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Have you moved the roof to the extremes of all possible positions a few times?

Jazrod
05-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Have you moved the roof to the extremes of all possible positions a few times?

I'm not sure what you mean ...

I've taken it to VW. Foreman thinks it's the frame. Need to find time to book it in.

anthony
06-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Rattles rattles rattles...

Moonee
27-10-2014, 12:25 PM
This thread is a concern ... I hate rattles :(

Jazrod
10-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Well my GTI has just returned from the dealer with the dreaded sunroof rattle fixed! The issue was with some clips and the headlining . . . but it has all been resolved and I am very happy with the result.