PDA

View Full Version : Yeti TDI dump pipe

Greg Roles
01-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi all,

Am considering getting a Yeti as my next project vehicle, as I'm after a diesel soft roader and the Yeti stands out to me. The missus hates it, but that is a plus as she won't want to drive it, and it should stay less dinged that way.

I'm wondering if anyone has a picture or two of the exhaust pipe, up front, from underneath the front axle area. I realise this is just the 103 TDI engine from the VW MK6, but I'm interested in looking at the rough clearance after the DPF can around the front driveshafts.

I'm trying to work out whether to continue experimentation on my GT TDI, or just upgrade and play with the Yeti if I go that way, which makes sense for a few reasons I can't yet go into.

If not no problem, just don't want to use a caryard and get a dealer all excited when I won't be buying till Feb next year.

I've been lurking on this section for a while, so a big thumbs up to those putting up the DIY's etc.

IanHamilton
02-10-2014, 08:53 PM
More than happy to do it but will have to wait a few days if that is OK.

brad
03-10-2014, 09:13 AM
A Tiguan will be near enough the same. You might ask there as well. Any upgrades on my Octavia have been raped & pillaged off Golfs (Yeti, Tiguan, Golf, Little Audis = many common parts - even some Passat stuff.

Greg Roles
03-10-2014, 08:22 PM
It's ok guys, I've found one at the local dealer up on ramps, and crawled under to have a look. Enough room to do what I am planning.

May I ask someone how fast is the Yeti 103 DSG to 100 in the real world?

Just my GT TDI was a fair bit quicker in real life stock that's all...just wondering about a starting point.

CardinalSin
04-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Mine is a consistant 10sec 0-100kph regardless if it's in D, S or manual. It's slow off the mark because the auto brakes take a sec or two to release and hold it back. I'm not game to shift from neutral into D but perhaps using the handbrake instead of the footbrake might bypass the auto brake function?
I'm confident at least 1 to 1.5sec can be shaved off if the brake can be by passed, it really hold it back but then add on 0.5sec for a true 100kph and not the speedo version.
9.9sec official but maybe 9.5sec in reality? It's hard holding your watch and going by the second hand too.

tigger73
04-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Greg how about the new MY15 130TDI Tiguan? I think this would be a far more attractive proposition as far as base vehicle to tune.

I realise that budget may not stretch this far but by February there would definitely be demos to be had. You could also order an R-line version for delivery around then which I'm sure would get Mrs Roles approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brad
04-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Greg
I know it's not TDI but have a look at BossFox's 1.8tsi yeti at Briskoda. It might provide some inspiration. Makes me want to get one.

Greg Roles
04-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Mine is a consistant 10sec 0-100kph regardless if it's in D, S or manual. It's slow off the mark because the auto brakes take a sec or two to release and hold it back. I'm not game to shift from neutral into D but perhaps using the handbrake instead of the footbrake might bypass the auto brake function?
I'm confident at least 1 to 1.5sec can be shaved off if the brake can be by passed, it really hold it back but then add on 0.5sec for a true 100kph and not the speedo version.
9.9sec official but maybe 9.5sec in reality? It's hard holding your watch and going by the second hand too.

Really? Jesus, gonna have to see if that can be coded out!

Greg Roles
04-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Greg how about the new MY15 130TDI Tiguan? I think this would be a far more attractive proposition as far as base vehicle to tune.

I realise that budget may not stretch this far but by February there would definitely be demos to be had. You could also order an R-line version for delivery around then which I'm sure would get Mrs Roles approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate, I'm just not keen on another VW, always like a somewhat different car each swap, have never bought the same brand. The Yeti is somewhat different to the normal styling so many euro cars have, which is why I like it. The fact everyone I ask goes " really?" makes it all the more attractive, I hate following trends. Even a Skoda is a little bit too VW like inside to be honest, but I do want a MK6 TDI engine for my DPF development, and a soft roader to tune up and take my kids up the easier beaches.

Greg Roles
04-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Greg
I know it's not TDI but have a look at BossFox's 1.8tsi yeti at Briskoda. It might provide some inspiration. Makes me want to get one.

Sweet, good lead, I've been trying to find a done up one, will check it out. Engine no problem, I can handle the TDI side of things!

brad
04-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Sweet, good lead, I've been trying to find a done up one, will check it out. Engine no problem, I can handle the TDI side of things!
He did a TDI before the TSI. The guy appears to have a money tree. He's also spent GBP30k on a citigo (up!) making it into a race car.