PDA

View Full Version : MY15 Yeti 4x4 Towbar

IanHamilton
29-09-2014, 05:12 PM
I just got my new Yeti. I don't see how it can be sold as an MY15 model , but there you go. I probably don't understand what MY15 means, I though it stood for Manufacturing Year.
I got it with the dealer fitted towbar but the usual problem of rear parking sensors not being deactivated when the trailer is attached. The dealer swears black and blue that this is normal. Mind you they also said that about my Octavia until it was fixed. Can anyone please verify for me that the new Yeti when properly coded:
1. Disables the rear parking sensors
2. Shows a picture of a trailer in the columbus sat nav
It would help if you could post a picture so I can take it to the dealer for proof.
Thanks
BTW - pretty pissed off that things like fold-in exterior mirrors, DAB radio are not available

Rob1959
30-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Our 103TDI Yeti is a 2011 model, and with the tow harness plugged in de-activates the sensors, and shows a picture of a trailer in the stereo display.
All the best, Rob.

IanHamilton
01-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for that. I have actually just got back from the dealer and they have fixed it. I haven't tested it fully but they were able to demonstrate that the sensors were disabled which is the main thing.

zei20t
01-10-2014, 12:31 PM
MY = Model Year. Its a 2014 build, but with all the features etc of the 2015 model.

Hillbilly
01-10-2014, 01:38 PM
MY = Model Year. Its a 2014 build, but with all the features etc of the 2015 model.

Look on the B pillar for a sticker which will have the build date and model year.

Some insurers take the build date and some take the compliance date.

NRMA took the build on both of mine and if I was buying it would take it as well.

The MY can change to next year as early as June as my Passat is a March build and the revised model came out the week after I bought it in June.