Thread: Retrofit linr assist

Users Country Flag

Retrofit linr assist

Is possible to retrofit line assist on b6 with factory ops and auto parking, rns510 with 9w7bluetooth feature?
    What cost would be for parts?
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by saint70 View Post
    Is possible to retrofit line assist on b6 with factory ops and auto parking, rns510 with 9w7bluetooth feature?
    What cost would be for parts?
    Do u mean LANE assist which controls the steering if you waver outside the lines.
    It would need the camera which is in a module in front of the mirror and the gear to control the steering. Would hate to think of the cost of it all as its part of the driver assist package on mine which is about $2000 as an extra.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Is worth go for it?
    2014 Passat Wagon, TDI, blue-motion technology, ComfortPower front seats, Adaptive Damping Control, Premium Sound System, Power Tailgate, Sports pack

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by saint70 View Post
    Is worth go for it?
    Couldnt say My invoices say $2600 for Driver assist package and $2000 for adaptive cruise.

Wouldnt say Lane assist is something I would bother with if it hadnt come with the car as it stood when I bought it.

Its always on in mine but I rarely notice it pulling me into line.

I would think it would be a hell of a job to fit it later and not worth the effort.

Users Country Flag
    you would need the camera, asssociated wiring, new rear view mirror, new windscreen, probably new abs computers and potentially some parts around the steering wheel, unsure on that one.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    you would need the camera, asssociated wiring, new rear view mirror, new windscreen, probably new abs computers and potentially some parts around the steering wheel, unsure on that one.
    Plus the unit on the steering rack, except you may have that with parking. The camera is fitted into a unit in front of the mirror that is attached to the windscreen which is different in that area to one that doesnt have it so booba is probably correct.
    The whole unit is the overhead console.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Lot hassle...i wont go for it. This is just info. Thank for answers.