Thread: Discussion about mkv crazy ideas.

Users Country Flag

Discussion about mkv crazy ideas.

Hi

Wanna discuss a crazy idea i have. - Seriously unsure if i will ever do it.

Adding golf6 or EOS/scirocco dashboard to mkv.
    and
    Adding golf 6 front end and xenon AFS headlights.

I just wanna get these ideas out of my head and discuss about if there's even a chance to make these mods.

First about dash, eos and sciro share same dash. A guy from distant vw(works as a body repairsman - unsure of the correct word) told that they should share the same dash mount design. - Seems like easypeasy.
    Secondly golf6 dash. Golf5 and golf6 variants have supposedly the same body. If you look at golf5 and 6 interior, you see that door panels are same. Only thing that changes is dashboard. In g6 case the cluster also has to come from g6, but i already have cure for that for other reasons.

Now carrying on with headlights. If g6 and g5 variants have same body. Than replacing front end with enough needed items, than it should be possible to also but there g6 front bumper, headlight, bonnet and wings.

Electric isn't problem for me. I have already made a swap from touran 1t1(regular xenon) to touran 1t2(facelift - AFS xenon). But in this case, the car was badly done by previous owner and i didn't do anything to body.
    I received touran, with so badly done headlights. Let me describe this. Old xenons were fitted into new 1t2 xenon housing. Wires were sliced, soldered, cut and torn. What i did was, i fitted used(but good) 1t2 headlights, new xenon level module and added wiring. Now the car which previosly had regular xenon has upgraded AFS xenon. So it looks like a facelift, but when it was born it wasn't.

Anyways, what you think? I'm open for discussion.

Users Country Flag
    Well the MK5 Jetta had the Golf 6 dash in it, so I imagine that's just part numbers or finding a wreck.

Why not just buy the HELLA aftermarket Xenon headlamps that have the AFS feature built in? Much better

Users Country Flag
    You could just buy a mk6.

Users Country Flag
    hahaha

Users Country Flag
    Here's a crazy idea.

Someone needs to shoehorn the 3.0TDI VAG motor into a Golf V and add in a 4MOTION system.

If I won the lottery, I would do that to mine

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Buying mk6 - thought about it. Right now i really want it with 4motion cause current car is.
    4Motion mkvi cost about 16 000(with decent equipment). Why buy something everyone has, better build something that only some have. eh?

Well the MK5 Jetta had the Golf 6 dash in it, so I imagine that's just part numbers or finding a wreck. ....

BTW it didn't have golf 6 dash, it had tiguan/touran style white cluster and mkvi climatronic with upgraded trim piece.
    The trim and climatronic what I'm installing in my MKV in couple of weeks.

Somebody has done this to MKV Jetta and it's look seriously very cool.
    LEss is more lasse OEM plus volkswagen jetta | StanceNation™ // Form > Function

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    Somebody has done this to MKV Jetta and it's look seriously very cool.
    LEss is more lasse OEM plus volkswagen jetta | StanceNation™ // Form > Function
    WOW !!! That Jetta Looks great !!!