DNA Tuning (Australia)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Golf R - REVO Stage 1 0-100kms in 3.7sec! Should I?

2muchcoffeeman, my car is 1.4 seconds quicker from stock with APR stage 1...

If I could afford a mk7 golf r I think I'd find it difficult to resist the REVO or APR tune When it's available.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    An update to the 7R, which HAS NOT received a tune...And lucky I didn't do it...

7R just died today on side of freeway

Suggest those who want to do it; check your turbo serial numbers...

Anyone know the difference between APR and REVO Tune? I have MK7 R thinking of doing stage 1 but i dont know which to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cicilz View Post
    Anyone know the difference between APR and REVO Tune? I have MK7 R thinking of doing stage 1 but i dont know which to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you have more choices than those two.

Go and see mark (parso_rex) at Recode in Miranda. He does good stuff & puts the car on the dyno with a sniffer so the Af ratios etc are all checked / optimised.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    you have more choices than those two.

Go and see mark (parso_rex) at Recode in Miranda. He does good stuff & puts the car on the dyno with a sniffer so the Af ratios etc are all checked / optimised.
    Actually not just yet for the Mk7, things are still being tested as far as reading and writing go plus I'd rather see any hardware issues (eg turbo's) thoroughly sorted before we start flashing them. Once things are right to go there's still alot of running around on some 'mule' cars just to make sure we have everything right on our Aus cars.

Unfortunately for me this ECU is a lot more complex than the MED9s in the GTI5/Pirellis/A3/S3/R/TT/TTS too so they must be done on the dyno so we can get proper logs. Should be good though and I have a string of existing customers waiting for this to get underway so initially I'll be having the tunes entirely modified overseas as the Revlimit guys already have them up and running then we'll tweak things like timing an AFRs to suit our fuel here.

Users Country Flag
    Thought you had Bluefin as a starting point?

Delay might be a good thing for some - more time = more $$ so can ad a DP to the job.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

That's true to some extent however the Superchips version is not going to be carried out via a bluefin but it can be done with a CMD tool however this is probably not the option most of our customer will choose due to the future upgrade paths and power delivery etc plus I have little control with how the customers file will be as in I"m not allowed to edit their files and still call it a Superchips product.
    So to correct my earlier post a little we will eventually have two separate upgrade paths available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12