Thread: VR6 2002 Bora Wrecking, but recoverable. Whole Car Only. Red

Users Country Flag

VR6 2002 Bora Wrecking, but recoverable. Whole Car Only. Red

OK, it's a long and sad story.
    I originally bought this car third hand (i think). It went well for a year, but then things started to go wrong.
    First off the clear coat started bubling/peeling on the boot. This has progressed to the current day to be present on the boot, roof, and bonnet.Another year went by and then the aircon and radiator fan stopped working, which I thought would be the common resistor failure, but I eventually discovered to be a broken wire (inside the insulation) coming from the terminator on the battery lid. So that was fixed
    Then I had a lady rear end shunt me, which was minor and covered by insurance (new bumper/spray), but resulted in the solenoid in the boot not working, boot opens by key though.
    There was a clunking in the front end which I took to be checked out a couple of times to no avail. It turns out it was the front axle connection to the gearbox (6 star drive bolts) which was loose. This eventually gave up one night when I was pulling on to a highway and resulted in the axle slamming into the gearbox, putting a hole in it. It was towed to my house and has remained there since. This was 2 years ago.
    It took me about a year to source a new (second hand) gearbox for it. During this time, it sprung a leak somewhere (I think the sunroof channels may have got blocked) and the interior got a puddle of water in it and then steamed up, resulting in the interior being covered in mould. I discovered this and steam cleaned the entire thing internally, today there is little evidence of this and it wouldn't be hard to fully remove the remainder.
    I removed the old gearbox, and decided to replace the timing chains whilst I was at it, and also the clutch, etc.
    Once it was all back together (engine and GB back in, front end still off) I turned it over and it runs, but roughly. Probably didn't get the timing right.
    I haven't tested the gearbox yet as I am unsure as to where to put the clutch fluid (currently the clutch pedal just sinks to the floor). Battery is also cactus.
    Anyway, I'm sick of having it in my driveway. I don't have time to fix it myself anymore and I just want to see the back of it.
    I'm looking for $2000 for it, but it's definitely negotiable.
    I'm really putting it on here because I know how hard some of the parts are to find, and I know some people will be looking for them.
    Other details:
    Original rims and coils are supplied, I put new tyres on not that long before it went off the road, done about 250k (can't remember exactly), rola sport roof racks included.
    Front brake pads are near new. (Greenstuff Pads) Can't remember if rears were done at the same time.

I've put the front end back together sans the axles, just so it can be rolled onto a truck/trailer.
    Last edited by rhyno; 02-08-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Pic of Interior after cleaning off mould. Still good. (Parcel shelf was removed afterwards and cleaned too).

Tyres are in good knick too.
    Last edited by rhyno; 28-07-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hang on, so you're only selling whole and not parting out?

Quote Originally Posted by PranK View Post
    Hang on, so you're only selling whole and not parting out?
    Correct, I'd have posted in the in the "cars for sale" section, however it stipulates that they are working.
    I don't have the time or patience to part this out.
    Someone else can do that, and they'll likely make some money by doing so.
    Or it could be bought to repair - it wouldn't really take that much; again, I just don't have the time to mess about with it any more.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno View Post
    Correct, I'd have posted in the in the "cars for sale" section, however it stipulates that they are working.
    I don't have the time or patience to part this out.
    Someone else can do that, and they'll likely make some money by doing so.
    Or it could be bought to repair - it wouldn't really take that much; again, I just don't have the time to mess about with it any more.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Now looking for $2000 ono

PM sent mate

She's home safely Ryan.Cheers for the early morning pickup too.Will keep you posted on the progress.