Support VWWC

Thread: Tiguan 162TSI Highline

Users Country Flag

Tiguan 162TSI Highline

Hey all,
    I’ve been on the forums as i’ve narrowed down my car search to the new Tiguan Highline Rline with DAP. It’s helped me heaps to get an idea of pricing. Been to a couple of dealers but they won’t negotiate to these prices. I am not keen on the sunroof but there is more stock with the fully kitted rline. Those with this car, any thoughts on the sunroof?
    Barney, Sydney

Users Country Flag
    Hi Barney,

With the Tiguan 162TSI Highline there are two (2) Optional Packages available;

- Drivers Assistance Package
    Active Info Display, high resolution 12.3" TFT instrument display screen with customisable menus
    Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
    Area View, front, rear and side cameras to provide 360 degree exterior view
    Side Assist, lane changing assistant with Rear Traffic Alert
    Emergency Assist
    Lane Assist with Adaptive Lane Guidance
    Traffic Jam Assist
    Electrically foldable exterior mirrors with environment lighting and automatic kerb function when
    reversing, passenger’s side (Comfortline Only)

- R-Line Package
    Adaptive chassis control
    Alloy wheels (Suzuka) 20x8.5" with 255/40 R20 tyres
    Black headlining and pillar trim
    Carpet floor mats and centre armrest with decorative stitching in Crystal Grey
    Chrome tail pipe trims
    Decorative inlays, “Black Lead Grey” to dashboard and door trims
    Design strip with R-Line logo on the front side panels and front doors
    Front bumper in R design with gloss black air intakes
    Lower body side extensions in body colour with black grained wheel arch extensions
    Progressive steering
    Rear bumper with sports diffuser in gloss black
    R-Line badge in radiator grille
    R-Line logo on infotainment start screen
    R-Line multi-function leather covered sports steering wheel with decorative stitching in Crystal
    Grey and R-Line logo
    R-Line rear spoiler
    Stainless steel finish accelerator and brake pedals
    Stainless steel finish front door sill scuff plates with R-Line logo, illuminated
    Vienna leather appointed seat upholstery# for R-Line with R-Line logo and decorative stitching in
    Crystal Grey
    Please note: The R-Line package is only available with selected exterior colours. Please refer to the Colour
    Combinations section of the specification sheet

Regarding the Sunroof, that is a stand alone option for the Highline versions;

- Sunroof Option
    Panoramic glass sunroof
    Electrically slide and tilt adjustable front half section
    Integrated wind deflector and electrically operated (perforated) sunblind
    LED ambient lighting along the length of the panoramic sunroof, left and right
    Please note: The overhead storage compartments are not fitted in combination with this option

I am not quite following your post though...

You say you are looking for a Tiguan Highline R-Line with DAP. You are not keen on the Sunroof, but there is more stock of the fully kitted R-Line...

If you buy new, you could order the Optional Packages and order the Optional Sunroof.
    If you are looking at Demo / Used, it just depends on what is available and if a Sunroof is available as well, then bonus!

In my opinion, the Panoramic Sunroof is awesome!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

we were looking at the same model and specs as you - there is very limited stock from what we could find - most of the 162's we found either had the r-line package or DAP both hard to find one with both! (and not in white). The dealer we went to quoted us 3-4 months wait time on a new one due to limited stock and wasn't much negotiation on price.