Support VWWC

Thread: Build Query

Build Query

Hi Guys, random question/statement so I just bought a 2010 VW Polo TDi Pacific as a second car. As a first time VW owner I am not too familiar with this history of the polo model years. I noticed the 9NS ran to 2009, however mine has a build date of 2010! All the research I’ve done has concluded that the model year ended in 2009. Curious to know how this would of come about? PS loving the Polo sick, absolute pocket rocket lol

Users Country Flag
    maybe put up the vin number which will have the build date in it. pic?

Users Country Flag
    Should have the build date on the sticker on the B pillar or in the boot
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Ok so ive had a look at the VIN plate and it says 02/10 which I am guessing is compliance? Further down the boot under the carpet there is a small plate rivitted on that says Built Date Dec 08.. I thought id odd at liscencing that it comes up as 2010 VW Polo Pacific TDI MY08
    So I am guessing either VW made a shed load of polos in 2008 and shipped them around the world and this one made to AUS dealerships in 02/10, its only had one owner from new which was delivered in Perth in June 2010. Is it norm that a car sits around 2 years prior to having its compliance attached and sold?

That is interesting from my experience. I was looking to buy a Golf R and it was advertised as a 2011 model. When I rang the insurance company I was told that they would not insure it for the price that I was looking to pay for it because when they did a rego check it came up as a 2010 model. The build date was 2010 and even though the compliance plate was January 2011 they would not insure it as a 2011 model.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
    Is it norm that a car sits around 2 years prior to having its compliance attached and sold?
    yep, that's always been the way - even for cars produced in Australia... often they made the cars to keep the factory going, and then they sat in the yard until someone wanted one - there were hundreds of Falcons lined up at the Broadmeadows Ford factory, so many that they built a wall of shipping containers to hide them

I reckon in the case of the VW, they probably sat in Spain until an order was placed from a right hand drive country, then the plate was attached when it got there. My compliance plate is 6 months newer than the car.

If there wasn't a lot of demand for the TDI, they'd have made a batch then waited for them to sell which would take a while

Users Country Flag
    maybe that sort of situation was exacerbated by the GFC too around that time. Expected demand had been met by supply but then demand suddenly fell off.

Yeah I find it weird I went to order a dash mat and floor mats for it, and every website excluding Haighs only has my model up to MY09, Haighs has the 9N/S model finishing in May 2010 which makes sense in my case.
    I just checked my new Range Rover Build Date 11/17. Compliance 02/18. Insurance and DOT MY18. It is what it is I suppose. I am just stoked with my purchase. Looking at insurance though, I have the Agreed Value range between $6,800 and $12,990 thats a bit insane.