Definitive Car

Thread: Blackmail or just plain cheek .

Blackmail or just plain cheek .

I see in todays motoring section an article about the V6 Amarok , seems you can get a 5 year warranty until the end of March wow thats cool but wait the catch you ask ? Well it seems they love to get you either way the offer is ONLY if you finance the vehicle through VW finance . So if you have the cash or use your bank the money hungry grubs will not give you the 5 years , I would imagine there is a healthy margin in the finance plan from VW to cover the cost of the extra time .

Users Country Flag
    Damn those pesky businesses trying to turn a profit.

Pretty much what everyone does now in place of the old free on roads. Haven't seen that in the VAG group since 2008.

Users Country Flag
    I’d try to talk to the dealer to get the same deal or tell them you’re going to buy BT50 or Hilux.

Users Country Flag
    Or you could used the money saved, to purchase the Allianz-backed VW 3 year extended warranty?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Finance it and then pay it out the next week.

Users Country Flag
    You still lose, bank fees (finance charges). Might as well buy the extended warranty, not every Amarok needs that.
    Buying cash should give you more bargaining power.

Taking their finance you will pay at least $5,000 more for that Amarok.

They won't budge with those kinds of deals, you can just try and get the warranty included in the final price. Thats what I did, and I knew I was going to use their finance 8 mths later when it finally came but couldn't bank on that deal being available. Of course it wasn't so I had to still pay the extra myself. 3mths later Skoda made it standard! My car was delayed in its build from Dec to Jan, if that hadn't have happend they would have let me get that finance deal...I argued that was their issue, but there is a point where you just have to give up.

Users Country Flag

Offers provided by VW Finance are just that - offered by them, for their customers. My wife got extended warranty and 5 years servicing included for financing through VW Fin, and a very competitive rate as well. No excessive fees.

you don’t want their finance package? All good. I simply regarded the service and warranty as “deal sweeteners” to encourage us to finance through VW.

The finance package was competitive BEFORE the warranty and services were taken into account for us anyway. So.....freebies

But honestly, thinking that a company is diddling you by not providing you with their product, when you have chosen not to use their services is....well....silly, no?
    Cheers