Thread: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System not working.

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System not working.

I have been trying to check my tyre pressures as stated in the owners manual, but I am unable to. Although no warning lights are on. I was thinking that this maybe a system glitch on my Tiguan. Help is appreciated!

I'm not up to date with the latest cars but certainly on the cars that I have the tyre pressure monitoring system just monitors the rotations of the various wheels in relation to each other using the ABS sensors on each wheel and when it detects that one wheel is rotating faster it determines that the tyre must be losing pressure (due to the smaller rolling radius) and a warning light comes up in the cluster.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Quote Originally Posted by ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan View Post
    I have been trying to check my tyre pressures as stated in the owners manual, but I am unable to. Although no warning lights are on. I was thinking that this maybe a system glitch on my Tiguan. Help is appreciated!
    I doubt it’s a glitch.. I had a low tyre pressure warning come up after pressure was filled on one tyre and not the others. I went to the station and filled them all up at the same bar and then reset the tyre monitoring on the infotainment. There is nothing to show the pressure. It’s an alert and you should reset it when you fill air on all tyres.

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

My Tiguan doesn't show the tyre pressures like this >

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System not working.-infotainment-jpg

Mine neither !

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

The photo you sent is for vehicles fitted with active tyre pressure monitoring. We don't get that in Australia. I believe the kiwis do, along with head up display and other niceties.

Despite what your manual may say, we have the passive system using ABS sensors as described above. You won't get a reading of the pressures in each tyre, but you will get a warning if you're driving on a deflated tyre. Provided you have initialised it by first pumping your tyres to the correct pressure and resetting it on the infotainment system.

Users Country Flag

It maybe something that you could retrofit if we could code it in?

1K0907253D - OEM Set of 4 VW/Audi Tire Pressure Sensors (TPMS) - Deutsche Auto Parts