Thread: Codes for hidden features in Tiguan MY17

Users Country Flag

Codes for hidden features in Tiguan MY17

Hi everyone,

Compared with overseas specs, there are many hidden and/or missing features in my Tiguan MY17. This probably enables VW to sell for less compared with other European brands and give them a competitive edge in the Australian market.

A workshop in Canberra has the cable and the software but wants to know the VCDS codes in order to help in activating these features.

Can I please check with you here if anyone has activated the WLAN (internet connection through phone hotspot), DAB+ (digital radio), TMC (traffic messages)? If so, what are the VCDS codes?

Thanking you all in advance.
    Tiguan Comfortline 132TSI MY17 with Luxury Package and Driver Assistance

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Hi everyone,

Compared with overseas specs, there are many hidden and/or missing features in my Tiguan MY17. This probably enables VW to sell for less compared with other European brands and give them a competitive edge in the Australian market.

A workshop in Canberra has the cable and the software but wants to know the VCDS codes in order to help in activating these features.

Can I please check with you here if anyone has activated the WLAN (internet connection through phone hotspot), DAB+ (digital radio), TMC (traffic messages)? If so, what are the VCDS codes?

Thanking you all in advance.
    Barra: I've enabled TMC for 2 x forum colleuge vehicles which were MY17 Tiggy. VCDS instructions HERE

DAB+ requires coding changes, but it also needs to have the DAB aerial installed - I'm not sure if the new Tiggy has this included (I would be surprised it it's there in the Aussie vehicles, given that it's not standard

WLAN instructions can be found HERE

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 25-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Don. Greatly appreciated
    I'll let you know how this will go.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Barra,

Which workshop? I'm interested in how you go if you don't mind.
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Beowulf,

Canberra VW Centre on Park St, Belconnen, said that they have the cable and can turn on the features if they can know the codes. I also heard that the other branch of the workshop on Reed St S & Scollay St, Greenway, have the cable as well.

Haven't done it yet myself so don't know if that will work without any problems. Let us know how you will go if you get a chance.

Users Country Flag

Ah yes, they did some code work on my old mk6 GTD. Not sure how much it was in the end as it was done during a service. Sounds good mate, hope it all works well for you.
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |